Subject Topic: 1.07 Patch Comments/Questions Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
mdono
Hero
Hero

Posted: 05/05/2008 at 7:20pm | IP Logged Quote mdono

Mindy wrote:
Just wanted to add my thanks, mdono - I (and the rest of the DJ community)
really appreciate your stylesheet efforts! You rock!

I'm torn between "aw-shucks" and "you ain't seen nuthin yet"

Watch for more tidbits throughout the week and some big stuff over the weekend... BTW, I'll be fixing most (if not all) of the 3.5 monster data, as the format of such uh - needs a little help

Stay tuned

Michael W. Donovan

"Specialization is for insects." -Lazarus Long, Time Enough For Love :Robert A. Heinlein
Back to Top View mdono's Profile Search for other posts by mdono Visit mdono's Homepage

Wurm
Legend
Legend

Posted: 05/06/2008 at 4:28pm | IP Logged Quote Wurm

Could you, by any chance, reformat the internal stat blocks to look like the Dungeon Magazine stat block? That'd be really handy. What I mean is have the stat blocks that are included with the adventure in the same format as the Dungeon Magazine format?
Back to Top View Wurm's Profile Search for other posts by Wurm

mdono
Hero
Hero

Posted: 05/06/2008 at 8:25pm | IP Logged Quote mdono

Wurm wrote:
Could you, by any chance, reformat the internal stat blocks to look like the Dungeon Magazine stat block? That'd be really handy. What I mean is have the stat blocks that are included with the adventure in the same format as the Dungeon Magazine format?

I'll see what I can do... I have a few copies laying around... nothing recent... are you talking 3.5 style or 4e style?

"Specialization is for insects." -Lazarus Long, Time Enough For Love :Robert A. Heinlein
Back to Top View mdono's Profile Search for other posts by mdono Visit mdono's Homepage

WayneFrancis
Janni (Moderator)
Janni (Moderator)

Posted: 05/06/2008 at 8:27pm | IP Logged Quote WayneFrancis

great stuff mdono
Back to Top View WayneFrancis's Profile Search for other posts by WayneFrancis

mdono
Hero
Hero

Posted: 05/06/2008 at 9:09pm | IP Logged Quote mdono

Wurm wrote:

Do you mean this? If not, please provide and example. I was actually going to do something quite a bit nicer... will show you what I mean later...

Wurm
Legend
Legend

Posted: 05/07/2008 at 4:28pm | IP Logged Quote Wurm

That's exactly what I mean. While it took me a little while to get used to, now I find "normal" stat blocks to be really unfriendly. As you presumed, I was referring to the 3.5e version.

I haven't seen any discussion of what DJ's plans are regarding 4e...sounds like something I have to research...
Back to Top View Wurm's Profile Search for other posts by Wurm

WayneFrancis
Janni (Moderator)
Janni (Moderator)

Posted: 05/07/2008 at 6:10pm | IP Logged Quote WayneFrancis

Wurm wrote:
That's exactly what I mean. While it took me a little while to get used to, now I find "normal" stat blocks to be really unfriendly. As you presumed, I was referring to the 3.5e version.

I haven't seen any discussion of what DJ's plans are regarding 4e...sounds like something I have to research...

There is nothing set in stone but I'll clue you into what I'm pushing for. Keep in mind I to am a D&D player (not sure when/if my gaming group adopt the 4e rules).

I'm taking a larger picture to the situation. I'd like a generic mechanism for rule sets and help on creating adventures. In this way DJ2 would be able to cater for more P&P, including VTT, games. We all know that Wizards is reeling in all the licences out there and trying to do everything in house. Obtaining the same licence for 4e might prove difficult to impossible. If we do things right then individuals could build up their own rule set which might be their copy of the 4e rule set or some other publishers game or even your own house rules.

I would love to hear what you are looking for to help you write your adventures. Stuff like how a stat block is formed isn't as much concern to me as what general kinds of things you would like to include in your adventure. Tables, Mobs, Rule decription, NPC character sheet, custom artwork, etc.

mdono
Hero
Hero

Posted: 05/07/2008 at 7:15pm | IP Logged Quote mdono

WayneFrancis wrote:
I would love to hear what you are looking for to help you write your adventures. Stuff like how a stat block is formed isn't as much concern to me as what general kinds of things you would like to include in your adventure. Tables, Mobs, Rule decription, NPC character sheet, custom artwork, etc.

I'm playing it safe and sticking with the 3.5 OGL covered content. We will know more what we can do when the GSL is published, but I'm staying in the safety zone for now.

WayneFrancis
Janni (Moderator)
Janni (Moderator)

Posted: 05/07/2008 at 11:53pm | IP Logged Quote WayneFrancis

I see that. What I'd like to see is OGL decoupled one stage from DJ2 and allow any ruleset to be applied in a DJ2 Adventure. Formating within a type of ruleset is a lower level implementation that think can be handled more generically. I know what I would like to see but if I blurt stuff out it might be taken as gospil and some people might love it and crack a fit if it doesn't get implemented and others might hate the idea if it does get implemented.

I would like to see DJ2 take a more generic approach which should make DJ2's adventure writing capability more flexible. Honestly I think a generic approach can me much more flexible and please more people.

heruca
Janni (Moderator)
Janni (Moderator)

Posted: 05/08/2008 at 12:30am | IP Logged Quote heruca

I agree with Wayne. I'd love it if DJ2 could be used to generate adventures
for non-d20 systems. As it is, I have no use for the adventure building
portion of DJ.

<< Prev Page of 13 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version