Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
fink
Hireling
Hireling

Posted: 03/26/2008 at 1:59pm | IP Logged Quote fink

heruca wrote:
Hi fink,

Since you've got a projector and are wanting to go hi-res with your games, you might want to give Battlegrounds a try.

The problem with battlegrounds is that the zoom function does not allow for sufficient control.   Since many of my maps are scans or pdf rips modified via photoshop/GIMP, to maintain the correct 1" display ratio as drawn in the original, small scaling factors (<1%) can make a large difference in how the map displays.
Back to Top View fink's Profile Search for other posts by fink

shoggothic
Hero
Hero

Posted: 03/26/2008 at 2:56pm | IP Logged Quote shoggothic

slashdevnull wrote:
1. If you make a new purchase, you should get a download link to the installer program for Dundjinni 1.0.7. No need to apply patches.

Thanks for the quick reply Slashdevnull!

I didn't want to spend time downloading and installing patched I didn't need if the newest version contains everything up to that point.

Now I've just got to get my skills up to par quick, so I can post some maps here and get some feedback/ideas.

Thanks again,
Shogg
Back to Top View shoggothic's Profile Search for other posts by shoggothic

heruca
Janni (Moderator)
Janni (Moderator)

Posted: 03/27/2008 at 7:59am | IP Logged Quote heruca

fink wrote:
The problem with battlegrounds is that the zoom function does not allow for sufficient control.   Since many of my maps are scans or pdf rips modified via photoshop/GIMP, to
maintain the correct 1" display ratio as drawn in the original, small scaling factors (<1%) can make a large difference in how the map displays.

If that's what's keeping you from using Battlegrounds, you'll be glad to know that
the next release will allow for much finer zoom control.

Edit: Oops! Sorry for the off-topic posts. Back to discussing the new patch.

Edited by heruca on 03/27/2008 at 8:07am

MasterMind
Legend
Legend

Posted: 03/28/2008 at 1:01am | IP Logged Quote MasterMind

Yeah! I'am back
Thanx for upgrade, it's work fine.

MM
Back to Top View MasterMind's Profile Search for other posts by MasterMind

Kepli
Djinni (Admin)
Djinni (Admin)

Posted: 03/28/2008 at 3:03am | IP Logged Quote Kepli

That's good to hear MM ... I know how much you have been looking forward to using DJ

Sehr Gut ... und jezt an die Arbeit

CaptainBridge
Hireling
Hireling

Posted: 03/29/2008 at 1:37am | IP Logged Quote CaptainBridge

So, I kind of need some help. I'm not really a techie of any skill, so I'll likely need things explained slowly, and acronyms will probably need to be unpacked.

I recently (about one and a half months back) got a notebook computer for myself. I was excited, because while I had possession of the Dundjinni CD for almost two years prior, I knew I was eventually going to get my own computer, so I didn't put it on the family machine. The laptop is a nice, newer Acer model which more than meets the specs for DJ. It runs Windows Vista (hereafter and herein referred to as "the Plague"), but I didn't think that would be a huge issue.

I install DJ, play around with it for a little, and am overall immensely satisfied. However, I'm a college student about to go into midterms time: it'll have to wait until the break. In the meantime, I allow my co-DM in my current campaign to use my disk to install on his machine (I consider it to be "under my direct control").    I finish with midterms, go to update DJ and Java, and discover the jumping mouse bug. I read the forums, find that a patch is on the way, and wait for it.

When the patch arrives, I immediately install it, but when I go to use DJ, the Plague informs me that it "does not appear to be properly installed on your system." I find no similar problem discussed on the forums, but I don't see a huge problem-- I un-install and then install it again. This is the beginning of the strangeness.

For some reason, half the time, the Plague gives me the same message, and the other half, none of the tiles appear in the tool window-- I can still scroll through the names, but the tiles or objects themselves are absent. When neither of these things happens, I still get the jumping cursor error. Also, even when I have just re-installed DJ, before I've patched it, the startup box says I'm running 1.0.7 (even though my disc is 1.0.4!).

I'm at a loss-- I un-installed DJ, and have not since re-installed it. That was yesterday. If there's anything anyone knows that may help, please relate it.

One other thing, now that I recall, though I don't think this should have anything to do with it: prior to the patch, I downloaded a number of things from the User Creations forum, to expand my map making options. Some of these art pack folders still appear in the tool box when I'm able start the program, but when it's un-installed and I search for them, they're not there.

Again, any help would be highly appreciated.

Captain Bridge
Back to Top View CaptainBridge's Profile Search for other posts by CaptainBridge

Kepli
Djinni (Admin)
Djinni (Admin)

Posted: 03/29/2008 at 5:18am | IP Logged Quote Kepli

Hi CaptainBridge,

Seems to me you have the UAC problem described in the Bugs FAQ point 2 here.

Silent Wind
Henchman
Henchman

Posted: 04/04/2008 at 6:53am | IP Logged Quote Silent Wind

Hi everyone
I have tried to install the new update and no luck, i have Vista running and after i install the program and all the other updates (i have the last Java update) i try to use it and it works but of course with this java i canīt see the pictures, then i try to install the new one and in the end (it donīt finish the install) it says that cannot find the Dundjinni.exe file and after that the program donīt work anymore :( i have tried in a windows XP and it installs fine but when i enter the program i cannot see any images :( but they are there!! what should i do??
Back to Top View Silent Wind's Profile Search for other posts by Silent Wind

Silent Wind
Henchman
Henchman

Posted: 04/04/2008 at 8:36am | IP Logged Quote Silent Wind

Kepli wrote:
Hi CaptainBridge,

Seems to me you have the UAC problem described in the Bugs FAQ point 2 here.

I see that one of the bugs where you cannot see the artpacks you say to re-install but i have the platinum version and not the packs, you say to install it again??? this will change the version again :( and i have to install the updates again and the same problem will happen again...right??

Silent Wind
Henchman
Henchman

Posted: 04/04/2008 at 9:37am | IP Logged Quote Silent Wind

Ok one of my problems was the UAC and now i can install the update :) but now i have other problem the artpacks that i have i canīt use them :( they are there but i donīt see nothing :( what should i do?? help please...

<< Prev Page of 13 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version