mdono
Hero
Hero

Posted: 05/08/2008 at 6:50am | IP Logged Quote mdono

heruca wrote:
I agree with Wayne. I'd love it if DJ2 could be used to generate adventures
for non-d20 systems. As it is, I have no use for the adventure building
portion of DJ.

In order to do so, the database side of the thing would have to be completely redone. Since my day job for the past 15 years has primarily been database development, I should be able to help.

I know precisely how to make a system work with multiple (and even user-defined) game systems in a way that would be relatively easy to implement and would make the adventure side of the system much stronger and more attractive.

The DJ2 dev team should drop me a line. Seriously. I can help.

"Specialization is for insects." -Lazarus Long, Time Enough For Love :Robert A. Heinlein
Back to Top View mdono's Profile Search for other posts by mdono Visit mdono's Homepage

Wurm
Legend
Legend

Posted: 05/08/2008 at 6:33pm | IP Logged Quote Wurm

WayneFrancis wrote:
I would love to hear what you are looking for to help you write your adventures. Stuff like how a stat block is formed isn't as much concern to me as what general kinds of things you would like to include in your adventure. Tables, Mobs, Rule decription, NPC character sheet, custom artwork, etc.

Everything you listed is great. I'd add that I'd really like to somehow get the flexibility to include things like the interactive condition/event/action zones that Iron Heroes uses (Mastering Iron Heroes p. 35-41), or flexibility with the trap descriptions so I can put in Pathfinder's Haunts (see Pathfinder 6) which are a pretty cool mechanic, room/environment descriptions like those included in Wizards' new encounter format. Just a few ideas....    

So -- I'd agree that it'd be nice to be more ruleset neutral, somehow. There are interesting mechanics used by other systems that are pretty cool, and are intimately related to the encounter area (room, glade, graveyard, whatever). Having the ability to associate those mechanics where and when necessary would be pretty cool. I understand that DJ's mapping is the main thing, and it's important in business to stay focused on the main thing. However, I find the adventure creation part of the application at least as important. I'm not an artist and my maps tend to be pretty basic. So, in addition to the ease of mapping, adventure creation that intimately a part of the mapping becomes to me a pretty significant addition. I still use it in DJ, but also find myself creating a parallel adventure format in OneNote to collect things that I cannot effectively include in the DJ-based part of the adventure.

Thanks!
Back to Top View Wurm's Profile Search for other posts by Wurm

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 13
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version