Subject Topic: 1.07 Patch Questions Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
heruca
Janni (Moderator)
Janni (Moderator)

Posted: 02/08/2010 at 9:49am | IP Logged Quote heruca

Jenner wrote:
You don't have to shut off UAC at all. I just reinstalled and re-patched my 1.04 disk up to 1.07 on a brand-spankin new Windows 7 64-bit machine without ever shutting it off.

I believe UAC was more of a problem with Vista than it is in Windows 7.

Kepli
Djinni (Admin)
Djinni (Admin)

Posted: 02/10/2010 at 2:39am | IP Logged Quote Kepli

Turning off UAC in Vista was a standard practice to be able to install DJ. Hopefully Win7 has improved on that

kitasi
Henchman
Henchman

Posted: 02/17/2010 at 2:11pm | IP Logged Quote kitasi

I recently installed Dundjinni on my new laptop, running Windows XP, and I cannot see any textures from the base art in any version, I tried 1.0.4 (the cdrom version) and patched through to 1.0.7 trying each time to see if the textures appeared with no success? I have emailed the store with my product info, has anyone else encountered this issue in this fashion and will a full install correct it? Is the store still responding to emails?

Thanks!
Back to Top View kitasi's Profile Search for other posts by kitasi

Aracon
Henchman
Henchman

Posted: 02/17/2010 at 6:57pm | IP Logged Quote Aracon

Yet another thread covering installation issues.

What a crap piece of software.

How do I get my moeny back?
Back to Top View Aracon's Profile Search for other posts by Aracon

Kepli
Djinni (Admin)
Djinni (Admin)

Posted: 02/18/2010 at 7:25am | IP Logged Quote Kepli

Welcome aboard Kitasi

Yes, the full v1.0.7 of Dundjinni should help.
If the Store hasn't emailed you back by tomorrow, please send your purchase information to me and I will get you the download link for DJ v1.0.7.

Seem some people have this issue when patching from v1.0.4.

Kepli
Djinni (Admin)
Djinni (Admin)

Posted: 02/18/2010 at 7:32am | IP Logged Quote Kepli

Aracon ... I am a very reasonable guy and it's very hard to get me angry, but your attitude here is getting me there.

If something doesn't work well on your PC it isn't always the software, but usually a combination of factors. Stop blaming just DJ, because you can't find any other source atm. We are more than willing to help you out with advice and making sure you get to create maps with DJ. Either that or you can send a refund request to the Store.

You have 14 posts on these forums and none of them is friendly, inquiring and asking for any real help (by posting errors messages, what exactly happens, etc.). This is the friendliest forum around, but I doubt many are eager to help you out when you keep posting messages like this.

Seems only Arpat and myself have reacted and tried to help you sofar ... must be a Dutch thing

kitasi
Henchman
Henchman

Posted: 02/18/2010 at 7:38am | IP Logged Quote kitasi

Wow Aracon, I'd have to say I've loved the software since I've had it which is several years now. The only trouble I've had was reinstalling a 5+ yr old tool on a new pc. I'm just happy there is a solution because there isn't a better piece of mapping software on the market!

seebo
Hireling
Hireling

Posted: 02/18/2010 at 2:47pm | IP Logged Quote seebo

Hey Aracon,

I have yet to purchase anything software or tv's or computers that did not encounter issues. This seems to be the way of manufacturing anymore. In the realm of software there are sooo many factors that contribute to the smooth working.   The way I gage the software is function, which this has lots and customer support and from what I see this has lots of that as well. If I have a problem and someone actually talks to me quickly on how to get around the problem then I am really really happy.

So I am really really happy with this software.
Back to Top View seebo's Profile Search for other posts by seebo

kitasi
Henchman
Henchman

Posted: 02/19/2010 at 10:03am | IP Logged Quote kitasi

Received the full install and that solved everything perfectly! The program is now once more functioning fully, thanks all!

Kepli
Djinni (Admin)
Djinni (Admin)

Posted: 02/19/2010 at 10:45am | IP Logged Quote Kepli

Happy mapping

<< Prev Page of 4 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version