Dundjinni Logo Dundjinni Logo Dundjinni Logo

Forums

Active Topics  :  Memberlist  :  Search  :  Help  :  Register  :  Login
Help Dundjinni! Rate This Website at RPG Gateway

Objects and Textures (Fantasy)
 Dundjinni Mapping Software - Forums : Objects and Textures (Fantasy)
Subject Topic: GenCon DJ Primer Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
dDemonicAngels
Janni (Moderator)
Janni (Moderator)

Posted: 07/31/2008 at 7:04pm | IP Logged Quote dDemonicAngels

By now you've seen my other posts regarding a DJ booth at GenCon.

Here's the part where I ask for volunteers to help me with some artwork presentation.

I'd like to have a binder of pages that highlights some of the user art available in the forums. The format would be similar to what Kepli did here for the Downloads of the Week.

I want potential buyers to be able to just leaf through the pages to get an idea of the fabulous art we have.

The idea is to create 8x11 pdfs that I can put into a binder. I would want a couple of pages per topic. Such as two pages with trees, a couple with animals, a couple with just wall/floor textures, etc.

Think of it as a teaser of what's out there.

But I need help compiling the pages. I won't have time to do this myself so I am looking for volunteers.

And you don't have to do it all. Just post here that you'll be doing dragons, or spell effects or swords or tables or whatever. Reserve your topic so no one else does it.

I'll use whatever you can come up with. The more we have the better.

I know it's the summer and the forums are very quiet. That's why your contribution is important.

Note that this is for user art only, not Dundjinni art. It would be nice to have this type of proof page for each of the artpacks also but that's another topic.

And the deadline is Friday, Aug 8. I'll take whatever has been done and run with it.

Thanks.

dDA
Back to Top View dDemonicAngels's Profile Search for other posts by dDemonicAngels

johnpaulstoddar
Legend
Legend

Posted: 07/31/2008 at 11:56pm | IP Logged Quote johnpaulstoddar

Where do you want the files Sent and how large can they be?

I have my Dundjinni Contact sheets ready to go

PDF Format
35 Pictures per Page
Creature is 1.44 MB (2 Pages)
Floor and Wall Tile is 10.9 MB (25 Pages)
Vegitation A-B 1.9 MB (2 Pages)

Is there anyway that you could get ahold of a Projector and Laptop and do a Power Point presentation?

That Way you wouldn't have to Print anything.

"SHADOWS...We Don't Need no Shadows...Light Light Everywhere.."
"Without Light, there can be no shadows...do not fear the light, come towards the light away from the shadows."
Back to Top View johnpaulstoddar's Profile Search for other posts by johnpaulstoddar

Kepli
Djinni (Admin)
Djinni (Admin)

Posted: 08/01/2008 at 12:02am | IP Logged Quote Kepli

dDA will bring a PC and a large screen, so yeah, he can do a powerpoint presentation as well (right dDA?)

Good work DW

dDemonicAngels
Janni (Moderator)
Janni (Moderator)

Posted: 08/01/2008 at 4:05am | IP Logged Quote dDemonicAngels

JP, that`s a great start. thanks.

Yes, I`ll have a large screen with me and will probably have a powerpoint that I will run in the back ground sometimes. When I`m not actually demoing the software.

But I want a hands-on product also with DJ all over it that people can leaf through. I`ll have the artword and some DJ fact pages printed up so that people can stroll by and just look through the binder. A compliment to the screen.

You can post them here or send them directly to my email address at ddemonicangels(at)yahoo.ca.

Thanks for the fast response.

dDA
Back to Top View dDemonicAngels's Profile Search for other posts by dDemonicAngels

Kepli
Djinni (Admin)
Djinni (Admin)

Posted: 08/01/2008 at 4:41am | IP Logged Quote Kepli

I'll do a Furniture one

Bogie
Djinni (Admin)
Djinni (Admin)

Posted: 08/01/2008 at 8:07am | IP Logged Quote Bogie

Here is a page of weapons:

I also have it as a pdf file but not sure how to post that.

JPEG contact sheet:

heruca
Janni (Moderator)
Janni (Moderator)

Posted: 08/01/2008 at 10:04am | IP Logged Quote heruca

That's great, Bogie. Really gives a feel for the range and quality of the artwork available.

johnpaulstoddar
Legend
Legend

Posted: 08/01/2008 at 12:25pm | IP Logged Quote johnpaulstoddar

Emailing them To You.

To Large to post on The Forums

"Without Light, there can be no shadows...do not fear the light, come towards the light away from the shadows."
Back to Top View johnpaulstoddar's Profile Search for other posts by johnpaulstoddar

johnpaulstoddar
Legend
Legend

Posted: 08/01/2008 at 1:03pm | IP Logged Quote johnpaulstoddar

I wish I could come..

I'd would bring my projector and Laptop.
Think HUGE Pics..

I was thinking that it would be Nice to project Maps and Artwork to attract attention while you talk to people. Run it on a separate Sytem

Instead of Power Point I would recommend getting WEBSHOTS..Its a free screensaver. You can do all kinds of Fancy effects with it. I use it to display Photos when I do Nature Seminars for the kids at the Nature Center.. So Much easier to use than Power Point. I hate Setting Up slides in Power Point

dDemonicAngels
Janni (Moderator)
Janni (Moderator)

Posted: 08/01/2008 at 7:02pm | IP Logged Quote dDemonicAngels

johnpaulstoddar wrote:
I wish I could come..

I'd would bring my projector and Laptop.
Think HUGE Pics..

I was thinking that it would be Nice to project Maps and Artwork to attract attention while you talk to people. Run it on a separate Sytem

Instead of Power Point I would recommend getting WEBSHOTS..Its a free screensaver. You can do all kinds of Fancy effects with it. I use it to display Photos when I do Nature Seminars for the kids at the Nature Center.. So Much easier to use than Power Point. I hate Setting Up slides in Power Point
Thanks JPS, I got all your pieces. Great stuff.

I'm not quite sure of the size of the booth. Or rather, how much space we have to work with. We'll be sharing with Dragon Roots so we may have limited space.

I'm planning a 27 inch monitor for now and will be with playing with DJ or running a demo. Your Webshots sounds like the tool I'm looking for. I'll check it out this weekend. Thanks.

dDA

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version