Subject Topic: Modular Sci-Fi Installation Map Tiles Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
sgibson260
Henchman
Henchman

Posted: 04/17/2009 at 2:41pm | IP Logged Quote sgibson260

heruca wrote:
Is there any way to get all those consoles in a zip? I didn't see any way to download them all at once.

How's this?

Z21_newconsoles1.zip.zipFD1_newconsoles2.zip.zip527_newconsoles3.zip.zipF7C_newconsoles4.zip.zip
Back to Top View sgibson260's Profile Search for other posts by sgibson260

heruca
Janni (Moderator)
Janni (Moderator)

Posted: 04/17/2009 at 4:23pm | IP Logged Quote heruca

Lovely, thanks!

bsperan
Hireling
Hireling

Posted: 04/18/2009 at 1:21am | IP Logged Quote bsperan

sgibson260 wrote:
heruca wrote:
Is there any way to get all those consoles in a zip? I didn't see any way to download them all at once.

How's this?

Z21_newconsoles1.zip.zipFD1_newconsoles2.zip.zip527_newconsoles3.zip.zipF7C_newconsoles4.zip.zip

Strange...
Not all the files in those archives match those on your Photobucket gallery. Many filenames have an extra "-1" attached to the end.

But even taking that into consideration, there are a few consoles on the Photobucket gallery that are not found in those archives. Likewise, I'm pretty sure there are a few consoles in the archives that are not found in the Photobucket gallery.

Finally, I really wish I could have found your 7 by 7 Legions of Steel tile maps (on page 1) in zipped archives. I nearly got carpel tunnel just copy-n-pasting the links and right clicking to download them all!
Really wonderful stuff, though!

sgibson260
Henchman
Henchman

Posted: 04/18/2009 at 7:20am | IP Logged Quote sgibson260

bsperan wrote:
sgibson260 wrote:
heruca wrote:

How's this?

Strange...
Not all the files in those archives match those on your Photobucket gallery. Many filenames have an extra "-1" attached to the end.

But even taking that into consideration, there are a few consoles on the Photobucket gallery that are not found in those archives. Likewise, I'm pretty sure there are a few consoles in the archives that are not found in the Photobucket gallery.

Finally, I really wish I could have found your 7 by 7 Legions of Steel tile maps (on page 1) in zipped archives. I nearly got carpel tunnel just copy-n-pasting the links and right clicking to download them all!
Really wonderful stuff, though!

Well, I went through the consoles folder I use for Dundjinni, and copied and zipped up all the png's that were not already on Steel Rat's website. His sci-fi consoles and lots of amazingly cool stuff can be found in the sci-fi objects link on this page
http://rpgmapshare.com/index.php?q=gallery&g2_itemId=105

Regarding the 7x7 tiles, I just posted a third bioresearch lab on my photobucket site. Sorry about the endless clicking to download them all. If you know of a free file sharing site that can handle large files(over 50MB's), I'd be happy to post a zipped set of all my 7x7 tiles on it. I live to please!   

I hope the tiles are useful to you, and please let me know if you have any additional tile types or modules you think I should add. Here is a list I came up with of tiles that intend to eventually create. I'm sure I missed a few things that any good Umbrella Intergalactic underground or space intallation would need.
Mess Hall
Command Deck
Security Station
Security Doors
Elevators
Barracks
Quarters
Storage
Med Bay
Power Plant
Liquid Storage
Armory
AgroBay
Maintenance Shaft
Science Lab
Theater
Training Area
Hangar Bay
Communications Center
Library
Escape Pod
Lounge
Conference/Briefing Room
Air Lock
Cargo Lifts
Kitchen/Galley
Dining Area
Locker Room
Showers
Server Room
Jail/Holding Cell
Corridors
Pipes and Valves
Elevator Lobby
When I posted this list on the Legions of Steel Yahoo group, someone replied: "No admin offices? That's not sci-fi ... that's fantasy!!"

Also, if you have any comments or suggestions about the map tiles I have already made, please let me know. I know that some of the earlier ones I made are a little sloppy, and can use fixing.

Regards,
Steve Gibson

heruca
Janni (Moderator)
Janni (Moderator)

Posted: 04/18/2009 at 11:21am | IP Logged Quote heruca

That's a great list of tiles you've got planned.

I recommend posting large files to rpgmapshare.com. I believe 10 or 12 MB is the current maximum upload per post, so a 50 MB collection would have to be broken up into a few separate uploads. Makes for easier downloading, too. I'd hate to have a 50 MB download stall out near the end.

Edited by heruca on 04/18/2009 at 11:22am

ProBono
Legend
Legend

Posted: 05/02/2009 at 3:07am | IP Logged Quote ProBono

"...If you have any comments or suggestions about the map tiles I have already made, please let me know. I know that some of the earlier ones I made are a little sloppy, and can use fixing..."

I'm not sure if any need fixing at all, - discard nothing - too good -, but a few notes may be of interest.

Grid: The grid used by many other Dunjinni folks tends to be changed to (options\grid) 30% black, dark-brown or whatever rather than the yellowish default. Perhaps prettier but maybe players can still see a yellow grid from accross the table more clearly(?)

Shadows: Scrolling down on this sample shadows example...
...to see the two underground layers, note that...

view\shadows
view\raised walls

...used together has Dunjinni add lot of shadow depth by itself. The few additional (COVER) shadows added on this example are Bogie ones. oddly enough three different sizes of triangle and 3 different lengths of straight shadow are enough for most of my purposes, so I've only just begun playing with some posh Kepli round and square and coloured shadows. Shadows are best moved under Objects.[Bogie dragged me by the ears throught adding shadows and I feel it helped me a lot!]

Changes in style, between older and newer creations, might be a little glaring.

[Difference in style is why I have resisted the urges to add some 7x7's to this thread, but I did make you a Spaceship. Note on the spaceship there are 9 modules on one pic, meaning lazy people such as myself need to upload less files.]
Back to Top View ProBono's Profile Search for other posts by ProBono

sgibson260
Henchman
Henchman

Posted: 09/24/2009 at 9:58am | IP Logged Quote sgibson260

Hi all,

I posted some new 7x7 sci-fi installation tiles to my photobucket page at:
http://s701.photobucket.com/albums/ww14/sgibson260/Legionsof SteelTiles/

I'm very excited about sending my Marines into the new auditorium and conference room to investigate those unidentified life form readings. I'm also hoping to make some power core with the gigantic drop and catwalks across them tiles in the next week or so.

Also, I uploaded some pictures of my Legions of Steel game at GenCon in August using these tiles. We used a lot of tiles in the game. The doors were made with dental plaster using the excellent 3d terrain molds from www.hirstarts.com.
http://s701.photobucket.com/albums/ww14/sgibson260/GenCon200 9Pictures/

Steve Gibson

sgibson260
Henchman
Henchman

Posted: 09/24/2009 at 10:06am | IP Logged Quote sgibson260

Typo. Here is the page with the Gencon game photos

http://s701.photobucket.com/albums/ww14/sgibson260/GenCon200 9Pictures/

Derf
Hireling
Hireling

Posted: 10/03/2009 at 3:23pm | IP Logged Quote Derf

Hi Steve,

Firstly congratulations for this superb work and thank you for your tiles me are already very useful. I use them as a source of inspiration to create my own maps for the star wars roleplaying game.

I would like to know :

-where can I find cans, boxes and objects you used on your tile "7 x 74-WayWarehouseCrowded" (png please)?

-where can I find beds (png please) you used on tile "7x7TOfficersQuarters 2-1"?

-where can I find red chairs as you used on several tiles?

-where can I find another small usefull objects like these tanks that you used on your "7x7BioResearchLab2"?

Thank you in advance
Back to Top View Derf's Profile Search for other posts by Derf

sgibson260
Henchman
Henchman

Posted: 10/07/2009 at 8:39pm | IP Logged Quote sgibson260

Hi Derf,

On page two of this thread, I posted a long set of links detailing where I found the artwork and textures I used:
http://www.dundjinni.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=11288&PN =1&TPN=2

I believe a lot of the barrels and crates were made by Octavian, another poster on this site (and someone much more graphically talented than I). Most of the objects I used I found on some thread on the dundjinni forums, or on Steel Rat's website, www.rpgmapshare.com. A good place to look on the rpgmapshare site is in the scifi objects miscellaneous folder at:
http://rpgmapshare.com/index.php?q=gallery&g2_itemId=1811
I also found some cool objects in publicly posted maps. I used the free photoshop-like Gimp software to clip out the object, make the background transparent, and save it as a png file.

Hope this helps. If there is some file in particular you are looking for, let me know, and I can email it directly to you or post it somewhere you can get it.

Regards,
Steve Gibson

<< Prev Page of 4 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version