Dundjinni Logo Dundjinni Logo Dundjinni Logo

Forums

Active Topics  :  Memberlist  :  Search  :  Help  :  Register  :  Login
Help Dundjinni! Rate This Website at RPG Gateway

Objects and Textures (Modern/Sci-Fi)
 Dundjinni Mapping Software - Forums : Objects and Textures (Modern/Sci-Fi)
Subject Topic: Modern Removeable Floor Tiles... Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Metajock
Legend
Legend

Posted: 07/30/2004 at 6:38pm | IP Logged Quote Metajock

Ok, I'm showin' my age on these. I acutally had to explain what these were to several people I work with...

These are the removeable floor tiles for raised floors that are used in computer centers and labs, so you can easily access the wiring, cables and pipes between the equiment and hardware. It's a very 60's/70's/80's kinda thing; you don't see this much anymore, but they still use them in larger, older facilities.

However, any good Mad Scientist worth his salt would still use them in his Lab 'o World Domination. Perfect for Horror and Espionage maps...

I have these in both New and Abused, in case you ever need to explore those old, abandoned military complexes and silos...

Back to Top View Metajock's Profile Search for other posts by Metajock Visit Metajock's Homepage

griffonwing
Hero
Hero

Posted: 07/30/2004 at 6:43pm | IP Logged Quote griffonwing

Oh yeah, I know these all too well. I had to go digging around these at my college campus when removed a 70's tape-drive. The power coupling was as big around as my head. (Watch how you respond to that!)

EvilEmpryss
Legend
Legend

Posted: 07/30/2004 at 9:19pm | IP Logged Quote EvilEmpryss

These are great.

My only question is: how do you manage to get rid og the numbers at the begining of the file name when you upload these?   It makes it so much easier to save all these when I'm not having to rename each one as I save it.

Targeteron
Legend
Legend

Posted: 07/31/2004 at 2:37am | IP Logged Quote Targeteron

Heh i dont make modern maps but i still need to download those. damn collectors instinct.

Cecil
Janni (Moderator)
Janni (Moderator)

Posted: 07/31/2004 at 2:43am | IP Logged Quote Cecil

No, no no! This is supposed to be fantasy--not my workplace. They've changed a bit (no bolts in the corners), but we have these floors in the workplace now. And we just put in new ones about six months ago.

We have miles of fiber optics and other cables running under the floors here.

Bad Metajock, very, very bad! (but great flooring!)

I just had a realization--you can make the holes in the floor as a "cover" to drop over complete tiles.

Did you hand jam the ragged edges around the floors or do you have a script for that? (it would help on some of the edges I'll be working on later)
Back to Top View Cecil's Profile Search for other posts by Cecil Visit Cecil's Homepage

Metajock
Legend
Legend

Posted: 07/31/2004 at 5:02am | IP Logged Quote Metajock

As for the numbers at the beginning of the names: I just make sure that they're not named something that other people would have used earlier. Thus, the system doesn't have to add numbers to make them unique, so nothing gets overwitten when you upload...

As for the ragged edges: I have a plugin for Photoshop named Xenofex. It has lots of very useful crumple, crack, electric and distress filters (which is what I used here...) Automate everything you can...

This set still brings back nightmares of racks of tape decks the size of refrigerators, backlit by the vaccume tubes inside them, clicking away though the night. Ahhhh, I love the smell of ozone in the morning...    
Back to Top View Metajock's Profile Search for other posts by Metajock Visit Metajock's Homepage

Cecil
Janni (Moderator)
Janni (Moderator)

Posted: 07/31/2004 at 6:24am | IP Logged Quote Cecil

Great, just great....now I have to go find Xenofex. Sigh. Another set of effects to learn.
Back to Top View Cecil's Profile Search for other posts by Cecil Visit Cecil's Homepage

dalost1
Legend
Legend

Posted: 07/31/2004 at 1:29pm | IP Logged Quote dalost1

Is there effects of that nature for RD does anyone know?
I'm working on trying to create bad mall carpeting and that effect would make it look awesome...

Also just noticed that the Broken Tile has the D posted twice but the abused one does not have a D tile.

Da-Lost-1

Edited by dalost1 on 07/31/2004 at 1:35pm
Back to Top View dalost1's Profile Search for other posts by dalost1

Metajock
Legend
Legend

Posted: 07/31/2004 at 1:35pm | IP Logged Quote Metajock

Can RD use standard PS plugins?

Cecil
Janni (Moderator)
Janni (Moderator)

Posted: 08/01/2004 at 11:45am | IP Logged Quote Cecil

RD claims to be able to use PS plugins, but when I've tried working with a PS file I usually crash the program. Haven't tried programs in it yet.

Page of 2 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version