Subject Topic: no artwork visible [solved] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Khazan
Hireling
Hireling

Posted: 08/20/2009 at 6:37pm | IP Logged Quote Khazan

hello...

i had an old copy of Dundjinni (ver. 1.04) and installed it, then downloaded the updates (ver. 1.05, 1.06 and 1.07) from the link here on the Support page.

i turned off the UAC, rebooted and installed the updates in order.

i installed the latest version of Java from the Java.com website (Version 6 Update 15).

i am running Windows Vista Home Basic edition on a Dell laptop, as follows: AMD Athlon 64X2 Dual, 1.00 GB RAM

now the difficulty : whenever i start Dundjinni and begin a map, there are no items visible in the Pick list... no Doors, no Objects, no Walls, etc.   i can 'draw' walls and floors, but cannot add doors, windows, tables, pits, etc. to the map.

any suggestions would be appreciated, thank you.

Edited by Kepli on 09/05/2009 at 4:10am
Back to Top View Khazan's Profile Search for other posts by Khazan

mercutio
Legend
Legend

Posted: 08/20/2009 at 11:37pm | IP Logged Quote mercutio

(Just as an aside, how in heck do you get your computer to run programs? Vista alone on my PC uses a full GB of RAM, so if I didn't have 3 GBs, I couldn't run anything.)

Answer in the 1.07 FAQ - here.It looks like the most applicable answers are--try installing to a different directory, or email the store with purchase details and get the full 1.07 install rather than updating from previous versions. Hope that helps.

4. Q: "Some of my art has disappeared! It is still listed in the pick list, but no image shows up".

A: Reinstall the art pack. If the art came with Dundjinni, reinstall Dundjinni.

You can also try the suggestions listed under Question 2, such as turning off UAC in Vista, increasing memory allocated to Dundjinni via Options/Render Options/Xmx dialog box.
When your art has disappeared but is still mentioned in the pick list, reinstalling Dundjinni on another drive or in another folder than Program Files is another option. Some application don't run well when installed in the Program Files folder on a Vista machine.

If you have a retail copy of the program, your best course of action is to contact the store by sending email to store(at)dundjinni.com, providing your retail copy username and registration key (provided in the packaging), and requesting a download version of Dundjinni 1.0.7. You will receive instructions on how to log into our online store to download a full copy of 1.0.7, which will work with the most recent versions of Java, etc. You may also have to re-install any art packs, as they have also been patched/updated to work with Dundinni 1.0.7.

You should fully remove any prior Dundijnni installations prior to installing the full version of Dundjinni 1.0.7. To make sure that you've done this, first uninstall Dundjinni using your computer's Add/Remove Programs utility, then make sure that you no longer have any files in C:\Program Files\Fluid.

Kepli
Djinni (Admin)
Djinni (Admin)

Posted: 08/20/2009 at 11:55pm | IP Logged Quote Kepli

Welcome aboard Khazan

Thanks for all the suggestions Mercutio . If you have indeed a retail copy, and don't hear back from the STore in a few days, send me your purchase information and I will set you up with a download of DJ v1.0.7.
If you have a download version of v1.0.4, you should be able to login the Store and download the latest DJ version there.

Khazan
Hireling
Hireling

Posted: 08/21/2009 at 6:28pm | IP Logged Quote Khazan

thank you both for your suggestions and quick replies. i will try uninstalling it completely and reinstalling it to a new folder location. failing that, i will contact the Store here via email (i do have a retail copy of version 1.04, not a downloaded copy).

much appreciated!

Kepli
Djinni (Admin)
Djinni (Admin)

Posted: 08/22/2009 at 7:46am | IP Logged Quote Kepli

Contact me in a few days if you haven't heard from the Store

Khazan
Hireling
Hireling

Posted: 08/26/2009 at 6:11pm | IP Logged Quote Khazan

Kepli wrote:
Welcome aboard Khazan

....If you have indeed a retail copy, and don't hear back from the STore in a few days, send me your purchase information and I will set you up with a download of DJ v1.0.7.
If you have a download version of v1.0.4, you should be able to login the Store and download the latest DJ version there.

hello again!

i got an email back from the Store and it stated :
"If you ordered via the store (which I’m guessing you did since your user name is a proper name), you can access a new, full version of the latest version of the software (and of any purchased artpacks) on the order details page, which can be reached via the order tracking link in the lower left hand column of the store page..."

so, i went to the Store page and clicked on the "Order Tracking, Downloads, and Registration Keys" link, which then bounced me to a page showing Art Packs, Token Packs and PC and Mac versions of Dundjinni for purchase.

am i to understand that i have to re-purchase this software (albeit the downloadable version, rather than the disc i already purchased) in order to get the version 1.0.7 that will work on my laptop? i couldn't find anyplace where i could enter my Reg. Key in order to get a downloadable version, nor was there a link provided in the email i received from the Store.

sorry if i am missing something basic in the process; any help would be appreciated.

thanks again.

Kepli
Djinni (Admin)
Djinni (Admin)

Posted: 08/27/2009 at 6:15am | IP Logged Quote Kepli

Hmm weird .. when you click on the Store and then on the "Order Tracking, Downloads, and Registration Keys" link, you should get a login page. I do ...
What browser are you using?

And no, you don't have to purchase DJ again, but since you have bought the disc version I am not sure you can access the Store to download a full DJ v1.0.7 version. Please try and report back

Khazan
Hireling
Hireling

Posted: 08/27/2009 at 6:24am | IP Logged Quote Khazan

(thanks for your patience in this matter, Kepli)

yes, you are correct i do have to log into the Store page; i first had to make a log-in for the Store, which had to be different from this Forum log-in (so said the Store page, anyway).

so, i did that and i logged into the Store, clicked the "Order Tracking, Downloads, and Registration Keys" link and it then states :

"Attention

You have no orders in this store."

that's all it says on the page. there are no other options listed. the browser i am using is Firefox 3.0.13

i suppose i was assuming i would be sent a link in the email which would get me to a page where i could enter my Reg Key and get a download of 1.0.7, or, that there would be an option on the Store page to enter my Reg Key and get to a site which allowed me to download ver. 1.0.7

thanks again for your help!

Edited by Khazan on 08/27/2009 at 6:26am

Khazan
Hireling
Hireling

Posted: 09/04/2009 at 6:47pm | IP Logged Quote Khazan

just an update, and a 'thank you' : i received an email with a link to the ftp site for download, and all is working well now....the customer service is appreciated!

thanks !

Kepli
Djinni (Admin)
Djinni (Admin)

Posted: 09/05/2009 at 4:11am | IP Logged Quote Kepli

Happy mapping

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version