Subject Topic: Can’t install art pack - windows 7 Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Tina
Henchman
Henchman

Posted: 01/06/2010 at 6:30pm | IP Logged Quote Tina

Hello

I'm trying to install Village arts pack package to a new version of dundjinni that've just installed. I had to install the dll file first as this was missing and followed the directions to do this.

I'm using windows 7.

The error message I received was:

Error while logging to the install.logojava.io.FILENOTFOUNDexception c:Progra~2\Dundji~1\\Dundji~1\install.log (access is denied)

Back to Top View Tina's Profile Search for other posts by Tina Visit Tina's Homepage

felangor
Hero
Hero

Posted: 01/06/2010 at 8:47pm | IP Logged Quote felangor

1. Try this link

2 Turn off UAC.
Back to Top View felangor's Profile Search for other posts by felangor

Tina
Henchman
Henchman

Posted: 01/06/2010 at 9:39pm | IP Logged Quote Tina

your link just took me to a blank search page and when I typed in UAC the only post was about art licences which wasn't helpful...

Can you please explain what you mean?

Back to Top View Tina's Profile Search for other posts by Tina Visit Tina's Homepage

felangor
Hero
Hero

Posted: 01/07/2010 at 1:48am | IP Logged Quote felangor

Ah, sorry about that. I was out a bit late yesterday, and my posting skills were somewhat degraded...

What I meant by the link to the search page was just a hint that there has been many with the same problems on these forums, and you should be able to find the solution somewhere around here.

But even though I've never even tested W7, I'm willing to bet it's the UAC (User Account Control) that causes the problems. Try this link for info on how to disable it, or google for disable+uac.
Back to Top View felangor's Profile Search for other posts by felangor

Tina
Henchman
Henchman

Posted: 01/08/2010 at 4:22pm | IP Logged Quote Tina

Thanks for the detail.   Unfortunately after disabling the UAC I still got the same error.

Kepli
Djinni (Admin)
Djinni (Admin)

Posted: 02/02/2010 at 7:14am | IP Logged Quote Kepli

What version of DJ are you using?

Aracon
Henchman
Henchman

Posted: 02/17/2010 at 6:53pm | IP Logged Quote Aracon

I am getting the same issue and WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!

Clearly you dont give a care about installation issues or you would actually do something and have a readme file or guide.

How do I get a refund?
Back to Top View Aracon's Profile Search for other posts by Aracon

Tina
Henchman
Henchman

Posted: 02/18/2010 at 5:20am | IP Logged Quote Tina

I have the latest version which I re-purchased a few weeks ago. I don't have this issue any more.   I hate to say it but once I disabled the UAC, I wasn't aware I had to reboot to make it effective.

Unfortunately to save maps though I have to keep the UAC disabled which kinda is annoying.

I also have memory issues where the files get "full" (never had this on my old computer which was very slow running the program and maps were much more detailed. I think the memory issue is compatibility problem with Windows 7 as my new computer has great specs and are much much better than what you require to run it.

Kepli
Djinni (Admin)
Djinni (Admin)

Posted: 02/18/2010 at 7:39am | IP Logged Quote Kepli

Tina,

There are still people testing how DJ works on a 64bits machine. There might be something that slows DJ on such a machine.
Make sure to not give DJ more than 3GB to work with.

Sometimes a bigger/newer machine screws things up for older software. That's why you will probably find two Program Files folders on your machine when it's a 64bits. One is for the 64bts software and one for the older 32bits software.

Tina
Henchman
Henchman

Posted: 02/18/2010 at 7:08pm | IP Logged Quote Tina

Hi Kepli :)

Firstly, I really do appreaciate your feedback and I have to say I love Dundjinni. I have persevered for many years with it running a 256 machine. That was very painful but still the maps were rewarding!

Yes, the programme was installed in the 32 bits software directory and I also found the other day a feature in 7 that allowed me to indicate which programmes run better on 32 so I did set this up for Dundjinni. (not sure how I found that feature now, I think I came across it by accident while trying to get a game (Helios) for my husband to work. It still crashes too after being played for a while.)

It seems slow when doing filling for textures.

I had also set the XMX memory to 2048 - which stopped the programme from running completely but found a post on this forum which advised me how to set this back to a lower setting without having to uninstall etc.

I had also downloaded some art packs from a different website and had tried to reorganise these but wasn't aware that if the subfolders (type) have lots of files they can crash - so I had to sort this out as well - not sure if this still could be an issue however most of the subfolders with the art are now much smaller and the "pack" list is much longer.

Page of 2 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version