Dundjinni Logo Dundjinni Logo Dundjinni Logo

Forums

Active Topics  :  Memberlist  :  Search  :  Help  :  Register  :  Login
Help Dundjinni! Rate This Website at RPG Gateway

Dunjinneers Toolbox
 Dundjinni Mapping Software - Forums : Dunjinneers Toolbox
Subject Topic: Dundjinni to Projector resolution issues Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
shoggothic
Hero
Hero

Posted: 02/28/2011 at 12:48am | IP Logged Quote shoggothic

I recently mounted an Optima GT720 Projector in the ceiling of my game room to display maps as we play. I wanted to ask some questions regarding resolution that I hoped you could help me with. Whether or not my Dundjinni maps are exported via JPEG (1600x1200), PNG (1600x1200), or RAW BMP up to 200 DPI, my maps are no where near as sharp and detailed as other users when displayed from my projector. The detail issues arise when I try to shrink my maps from actual pixels down to miniatures scale (1" x 1" standard grid)-they become very chunky and pixelated and the detail is lost (can you say 16 bit Super Mario?). Any maps that I have found on the internet, whether made in Dundjinni or Photoshop, I can display on my projector and shrink to miniature scale without loss of detail or pixels. This is regardless of the resolution my projector is set at, whether at its native 1280x768 or higher (the resolution of the projector seems to make little difference). I believe the issues to stem from exporting incorrectly from Dundjinni or altering image size in Photoshop. What could I be doing wrong in my export from Dundjinni or image sizing in Photoshop? How do I maintain maximum resolution and minimum pixelation for display via my projector?

Any help or tips are greatly appreciated.
Back to Top View shoggothic's Profile Search for other posts by shoggothic

aegean
Legend
Legend

Posted: 02/28/2011 at 2:02am | IP Logged Quote aegean

I think its your photoshopfu, dpi tends to be tied to resizing - you should be able to see the dpi change as you resize the map. Shrink the map to the desired inch size and then change the dpi back up to 200.

The map "should" retain the new size and the 200 dpi.

I have no projectorfu what so ever - I hope the above helps.

ae

Kepli
Djinni (Admin)
Djinni (Admin)

Posted: 02/28/2011 at 10:51am | IP Logged Quote Kepli

When you export from DJ as a BMP with the 200dpi setting, you can load that large map (about 150MB) into PS and save it as a JPG (easier to handle that way). You should not have to change anything about the map.
The map will be 6400x8000 pixels and each 200x200 pixels square represents a standard grid.
Try that and let us know what it looks like.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version