Dundjinni Logo Dundjinni Logo Dundjinni Logo

Forums

Active Topics  :  Memberlist  :  Search  :  Help  :  Register  :  Login
Help Dundjinni! Rate This Website at RPG Gateway

Objects and Textures (Modern/Sci-Fi)
 Dundjinni Mapping Software - Forums : Objects and Textures (Modern/Sci-Fi)
Subject Topic: Got Hawk? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Eryiedes
Legend
Legend

Posted: 04/24/2012 at 6:39am | IP Logged Quote Eryiedes

Hello,

On the menu today is a little ditty from District 9.
Although it wasn't seen in the first movie its bigger brother definitely saw a lot of use.
I am not sure if it's titled correctly but if I read this right, it's called a Prawn Submachinegun.
I give thanks to the RPF for this find.
Hope y'all find use for it.
Best Regards from MNU.

(For Personal Use Only.)

Stay Free....Stay True....and let's give the Military Industrial Complexe the old heave ho!

Eryiedes
Legend
Legend

Posted: 04/26/2012 at 3:41am | IP Logged Quote Eryiedes

Mornin'

Today we have another Killzone weapon up for grabs....the I.S.A. M-4 Revolver:

The M4 Revolver is the standard-issue sidearm for the ISA Marines, and is the successor of the trusted M3 Revolver. It appears in both Killzone 2 and Killzone 3.

It can hold six .357 Magnum/9 x 33 R rounds, has iron sights, and has a double-action trigger. However, you cannot fan the hammer to fire faster. It was designed to be reloaded quickly in combat situations. Rather than replacing the bullets in the ammo cylinder one by one, the entire cylinder is removed and replaced with a loaded one, as a speed-loader system.

It is extremely powerful (especially at short range), but has a somewhat slow rate of fire for a pistol and a small ammo capacity - meaning that it is important to shoot very accurately when using this weapon. Because of these faults, some players swap the Revolver for the much faster StA18 Pistol during campaigns, when enemies are not as tough.

Quote from Wikia.

I hope y'all find use for this one.
Best Regards from Smith & Wesson.

(For Personal Use Only.)

Stay Free....Stay True....Abolish the TSA!

Edited by Eryiedes on 04/26/2012 at 3:42am

ProBono
Legend
Legend

Posted: 04/29/2012 at 5:19am | IP Logged Quote ProBono

Something to shoot at with all those guns:

A Stargate drone from the Wikia.
(For Personal Use Only.)
Back to Top View ProBono's Profile Search for other posts by ProBono

Eryiedes
Legend
Legend

Posted: 05/08/2012 at 3:14pm | IP Logged Quote Eryiedes

Take me to your leader....

(Oh, and nice one PB!)

So, I was toling around the internet when I came across this one. While one of the most memorable spaceships in movie history not much of a head's up was given to Lando's proprietorship of the Falcon in the prequels.
The Stellar Envoy was only seen on screen for a few seconds but it still managed to spur my imagination as the original had back in the 70's.
Much thanks and credit to the modeller who I am certain thanked Stefan Hacker for his assistance.

Constructed as unit YT 492727ZED in 60 BBY by the Corellian Engineering Corporation in their shipyards at Orbital Assembly Facility 7 as a YT-1300f light freighter, the Falcon existed in its stock state for several years. The ship was set apart from the others during an accident with a fuel droid on the assembly line, and the ship rocketed out of control, taking almost the entire assembly line with it. It took multiple Human workers to keep the ship under control. One commented that the ship was 'one in a million.' The first owners were the Corell Industries Limited shipping firm, who possessed the ship for twelve years. In that time, the ship — which would be known in the future as the Falcon — earned a reputation as being both remarkably swift and stubbornly unreliable. A string of temporary monikers bore witness to these traits; Corell's Pride, Fickle Flyer and Meetyl's Misery. Eventually, CI Limited went bankrupt and in 48 BBY, the YT was sold to Kal and Dova Brigger. The siblings used the newly rechristened Hardwired for various and increasingly illicit cargo runs, making the most significant early modification to the ship: an upgraded hyperdrive. Cularin's Smugglers' Confederation took notice, and after a broken deal, the Brigger siblings became targets of a bounty by Confederation leader Nirama. Dova was executed, but Kal survived to give the ship a new handle, Wayward Son, and a place in Iaco Stark's Commercial Combine. Kal met his fate at the Fifth Battle of Qotile, devoured by Challat eaters.

By 29 BBY, the vessel was both owned and used secretly by members of the Senate and Jedi, as part of an organization known as the Republic Group. Tobb Jadak and Reeze Duurmun became the primary crew of the ship — known then as the Stellar Envoy — for the next decade. In 19 BBY, the ship was present during the Battle of Coruscant, landing at the Republic Executive Building docking bay on Coruscant shortly after the shuttle that brought Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Supreme Chancellor Palpatine to safety after their crash landing in the nose of the Invisible Hand.

Shortly after this, the Stellar Envoy was hit by a bulk freighter over Nar Shaddaa, causing massive critical damage to the entire frame. What was left of the ship was interned in an orbital junkyard near the Smuggler's Moon. The ship rested there for approximately a year before it was purchased as scrap by an enterprising technician named Bammy Decree, with assistance from crime lord Rej Taunt. Under Decree's co-ownership, the Envoy was reconstructed from core to hull, and various systems were replaced with updated versions. Though the effort purportedly required a great deal of time and effort, the technician committed himself to finish the job as a test of skill, and also perhaps a labor of love. It was during this time that several sections of the ship were refitted with modular components from an old YT-1300p light freighter that had previously been used for diplomatic missions before meeting a similar fate.

Renamed the Second Chance, it served its new owners only briefly, performing a single botched smuggling attempt before languishing in Imperial impound at Nilash III for the next few years. It was then stolen by an opportunistic ship thief, one Zenn Bien, working with Rebel agents Quip Fargil and Luufkin. The Second Chance was briefly rechristened the Gone to Pieces during this operation, but when he began flying the ship for the Alliance, he rechristened her the Millennium Falcon, after the bat-falcon — the name that the ship would carry through the remainder of the Galactic Civil War and on through the Second Galactic Civil War.

The Falcon was to be used in a Rebel strike at Bilbringi in 9 BBY, but Fargil had second thoughts and pulled out of the operation, taking the Falcon with him. Unable to live with his guilt, he donated her to Doctor Parlay Thorp. After spending several years on Hijado with Thorp, the Falcon was sold to Molpol's Traveling Circus, and was the collateral of at least a few wagers before coming into the hands of a young Lando Calrissian. The ship's identiplate was removed during this time to facilitate its new career in smuggling by one such owner, and each also added their own "special modifications" so that, by the time it came into the hands of Lando, it was already able to out fly almost any vessel of its size.

Quote taken from Wikia.

Best Regards from the "Gone to Pieces".

(For Personal Use Only.)

Stay Free....Stay True....and don't EVER trust the government to do anything except try and prevent that very thing from happening!

Edited by Eryiedes on 05/08/2012 at 3:15pm

Bogie
Djinni (Admin)
Djinni (Admin)

Posted: 05/08/2012 at 6:14pm | IP Logged Quote Bogie

Governor, we've located the Rebel Base.

Eryiedes
Legend
Legend

Posted: 05/08/2012 at 6:21pm | IP Logged Quote Eryiedes

Bogie wrote:
Governor, we've located the Rebel Base.

Eryiedes
Legend
Legend

Posted: 05/24/2012 at 8:52pm | IP Logged Quote Eryiedes

Hola,

I thought I would drop into to post another goodie.
In this case, a rather wicked looking knife. Not much else to say about it except try not to poke your eye out!
Hope y'all find use for this one.
Best Regards from Montreal.

(For Personal Use Only.)

Stay Free....Stay True....Arrest Eric Holder NOW!!!

Eryiedes
Legend
Legend

Posted: 05/27/2012 at 12:09am | IP Logged Quote Eryiedes

I see you once more,

We have another Avatar goodie for this evening.
I posted the Aerospatiale Samson a while back but what I had been REALLY looking for (before settling for the SA-2) was the massive gunship used by Miles Quaritch....the C-21 Dragon. This is the only decent pic I have found of it but for my purposes it should do the trick.

The C-21 a.k.a. Dragon Assault Ship (Na'vi name: Kunsip apxa meaning "large gunship") is a quad-rotor VTOL heavy transport and assault craft used by the RDA for full-scale military operations against the Na'vi, or as support during small incursions into otherwise hostile territory teeming with vicious megafauna and flora. It is the RDA's most powerful non-nuclear weapon on Pandora, coupled with heavy armor, devastating firepower and a large cargo bay for additional room for cargo or forces, making the C-21 Dragon Assault Ship a fully-functional, multi-purpose airship. The RDA only had one operational Dragon at the time of the film, though there was a second Dragon airframe on Pandora, but most of the main components hadn't arrived from Earth. Quaritch coordinated the RDA's assault on the Omaticaya Hometree and the attack on the Tree of Souls from the Dragon Gunship.
Compared to both the SA-2 Samson and AT-99 Scorpion, the C-21 Dragon is significantly larger, slower, and less maneuverable. However, with its panoply of heavy machine guns, dozens of rocket and missile pods, and possible complement of door-gunners, it can function as an excellent lead gunship when mainline Scorpions are not around or available. To prevent potentially catastrophic friendly-fire incidents resulting from careless use of such firepower, all but the door guns are constrained by friendly fire IFF (Identification Friend or Foe) avoidance codes for safety. Otherwise, it acts mainly as a military air transport and air assault vehicle, utilizing its ability to land numerous AMP suits, infantry and other military vehicles across Pandora. Its roles include acting as capital ship/flagship, assault/attack, defense and transportation/carrier. In essence, the Dragon is the military workhorse of the RDA.
The Dragon Assault Ship has the ability to deploy many infantry units and AMP suits at once and is armed with a variety of medium automatic guns, Air-to-Ground and Air-to-Air missiles, incendiary rockets, gas canister launchers, grenade launchers, plus two dual and two quad automatic gatling gun systems. All gun and missile systems are constrained by Friendly Fire Avoidance Codes (IFF Lockout). The Air-To-Ground missiles and rocket pods are mounted on three huge stub pylons at each side, which are all in a symmetrical set.
Before Pandora was first discovered, the Dragon was, and still is being used in massed offensives against environmental terrorists and other insurgents on Earth to predictably devastating effect. It was usually used in only the most brutal combat zones, where it leveled major enemy installations with ease before deploying its troop and vehicles onto the ground to proceed with the ground advance in earnest. This earned the Dragon's formidable reputation for being able to inflict 100% enemy casualties in any zone it was deployed to.
Later modifications were made which replaced the standard forward missile launchers with remotely manned gun-turrets around various points of the ship, allowing it to defend itself from any close-range targets. Additional modifications include the hardening of the ship's electronic systems, to further protect it from both fierce electromagnetic storms on Pandora, and the constant electronic warfare attacks from terrorists on Earth.
Its standard propulsion system has also been modified, granting it much more forward velocity. The Dragon's original system relied solely on its four rotors for speed, which made it very maneuverable, but unsurprisingly slow. However, jet thrusters have now been added alongside its original four rotors to allow for much higher velocities while moving forward, while maintaining its impressive maneuverability.
A Dragon participated in the attack on the Hometree and later in the final battle of the film. Both times, it served as Colonel Quaritch's command ship. It was destroyed when Jake Sully landed on the ship from his great leonopteryx, detonated two grenades on the top of the hull, and after falling to a lower position, grabbed one of the Dragon's mounted missiles, and threw it into one of the rotors. The resulting explosion made the Dragon spin out of control and explode soon after, though Quaritch managed to escape in his personal AMP suit.
Several Dragons appear in Avatar: The Game. First a Dragon appears in Blue Lagoon, where it bombs a Na'vi reservation. Next on the Na'vi side it appears after Dr. Harper returns with Ryder and his link chambers, and its rotors are destroyed causing it to crash. Two more arrive and destroy the link chambers. They appear frequently throughout the game on the Na'vi side. A Dragon appears under the command of Karl Falco in the end, but it is hit by an EMP blast from the Tree of Souls, causing it to crash.
It appears on the RDA side as well, but less frequently, only appearing at Blue Lagoon, then several times in Tantalus, and the Plains of Goliath, after being given to the player by Quaritch. It replaces the great leonopteryx as the last vehicle of the game. Some crashed wrecks of Dragons can also be seen in the Needle Hills stage, in an area known as Dragon's Graveyard.
With maximum payload, the Dragon is said to be able to destroy an area the size of Manhattan in six seconds.

Quote taken from wikia.

Best Regards from Dragon's Graveyard.

(For Personal Use Only.)

Stay Free....Stay True....Unplug Your Television!

Edited by Eryiedes on 05/27/2012 at 12:10am

Eryiedes
Legend
Legend

Posted: 05/27/2012 at 6:01am | IP Logged Quote Eryiedes

Welcome to Pandora....

So, I have posted many weapons from the Avatar movie....some in this thread and some in "A Gun for all Seasons". I have also posted an Aerospatiale SA-2 Samson and the grand daddy of gunships in 2129, the C-21 Dragon Assault Ship.
Toy with a few Daz3d Herd Beasts and the fauna of the distant moon will come to life on your VTT.
While this may have made many gamers happy, I am sure there are some of you out there that are in need of some Na'vi support to complete their gaming experience.
To the list of Avatar tokens posted so far, nothing says Pandora like a Leonoptryx or it's bigger brother, the Great Leonoptryx. While I am pretty sure the Great Leonoptryx was an "official" image I must thank a deviant artist (named Techta) for producing a beautiful image of it's smaller counterpart.
Unfortunately the smaller one is actually the larger token, I am sure altering the size in Maptools won't be a problem for any of you serious gamers out there. Altering the token dimiensions would have been a simple fix but that would have degraded the image quality and I HATE that!
So, without further adieu I present the Leonoptryx family.

Mountain banshees (Na'vi name: ikran) are large, bird-like aerial predators that are native to Pandora. They are used by the Na'vi for hunting from the air and traveling larger distances. Ikran are also used in battle, where the mount attacks its opponents from the air.
Bonding with a banshee and becoming an Ikran Makto is a dangerous and required rite of passage for Na'vi warriors in some clans, including the Omaticaya. Like the direhorse, a Na'vi can connect to a banshee through a neural interface that allows animal and rider to move with apparent effortlessness through the skies. Unlike the direhorse, however, the banshee will only bond with one Na'vi in its lifetime. It is unknown whether the banshee or its rider can bond with a new partner should the previous one die, as is the case with Neytiri's mount Seze having been killed during the Assault on the Tree of Souls.
In Na'vi culture, taming a banshee is a test every young hunter has to pass.
The mountain banshee rookery is high in the Hallelujah Mountains. The largest rookery, which features the largest specimens (and therefore the best to tame for riding), is in grottoes and outcrops on the sheer cliff faces of Mons Veritatis, one of the largest of the floating mountains. It is here that the Na'vi come to select (and be selected by) a banshee for domestication. The bonded mountain banshees nest in the highest branches of Hometree, where they can be close at hand for their Na'vi rider.
The mountain banshee (like its smaller cousin, the forest banshee) is highly adapted for flight. Specially developed muscles attached to the breastbone allow for the powerful strokes needed to achieve lift. Xenobiologists continue to study the aerodynamics of the banshee. It is believed that all of Pandora's flying animals take advantage of gravity that is lower than Earth's and the increased air density, (which requires more force to displace with the downward/rearward stroke of their wings, and thus gives the animal's body more impetus with each flap). The downside is that the denser air is harder to move through, and requires highly-efficient streamlining to achieve high flight speeds.
Though reptilian in appearance, the banshee has a metabolism that is bird-like, and generates tremendous heat. The banshee has a complex cooling system to keep it from overheating during strenuous flying. The breathing system is central to this cooling. The air inlets, or spiracles, face forward at the front of the chest cavity, like the engine intakes of a jet fighter. Induction of air is controlled by a cartilaginous operculum, or flap-valve. The banshee lung is a bellows like structure, inflated by rib movement, but unlike the lungs of terrestrial animals, it has unidirectional flow, venting aft through gill-like slits.
The banshee has two primary eyes which see in full color in roughly the same spectrum as human vision. Aft of the primary eyes are smaller secondary eyes, which can move independently or together with the primaries. They see in near infrared, for night hunting. Additionally, banshees are also highly sensitive to motion, and act as an early warning system against attack from the rear. All four eyes are protected by lids and by transparent nictating membranes, much like an eagle eye. Forward of the primary eyes are lines of sensor pits. These are thought to provide airflow information in flight, like a pitot tube on an airplane. Another hypothesis is that they are sensitive to sound, and have an echolocation role, by sensing the reflected sound of the banshee shrieks. It is advised to never look directly into an ikran's eyes, though it is not explained what happens if you do. Most likely, it induces panic or anger in the ikran.
Like many of Pandora's creatures, the banshee also has a remarkably strong cell structure. This structure, which is a biologically produced carbon-fiber, makes their bones much lighter and stronger than any organic Terran equivalent. This in turn allows them to generate more power and lift with every flap, power which is necessary in the dense atmosphere of Pandora. The biochemistry of their muscle tissue allows them to generate nearly twice the force per pound of muscle as terrestrial flying animals such as bats and birds. This, again, generates tremendous metabolic heat. The hollow bones are connected to the bellows-like lung, and cooling air moves through the long bones of the fore and aft wings.
They have only vestigial legs (unlike their cousin the great leonopteryx) which might suggest a life mainly in flight, only landing to feed their young. It also suggests that prey will be smaller airborne creatures or possibly creatures perched high in the trees as they could not grab on to something while in flight, as seen in Earth eagles.
The wings have a claw or finger that is used to cling on to cliffs and to "walk" on flat ground, possibly by dragging the body forward or more likely maintaining center gravity over the wings. All in all, they are not as agile on the ground as in the air.
Their leathery skin has a wide range of complex color schemes. Some banshees have been seen which display only two colors. Since the color concentration is mainly on the back of the animals, it is assumed that the colors are for mating display. Both male and females display these complex patterns of colors.

The great leonopteryx (Na'vi name: toruk meaning "last shadow") is a species of airborne predatory animals native to Pandora. Scientifically, it is known as Leonopteryx rex – "flying king lion" (from the Greek word λέων leon meaning lion, πτέρυξ pteryx meaning wing, and the Latin word rex, meaning king).
The fierce beauty and nobility of the leonopteryx gave the species a central place in Na'vi lore and culture. It is celebrated in dance, song, and with elaborate totems that symbolize both the fear and respect given to the creature. Indeed, the leonopteryx is crucial to the Na'vi's sense of destiny and interconnectedness. This creature's name in Na'vi translates roughly to "last shadow", as its preferred method of attack is from above. Therefore, the last thing its prey sees is its shadow. The leonopteryx is carnivorous, feeding on mainly mountain and forest banshees, and occasionally on medusae. Under the rainforest canopy, the leonopteryx will sometimes feed on ground animals such as hexapedes. It is a solitary creature and has no known predators
The leonopteryx is closely related to the banshee, with many similarities and differences. The leonopteryx is primarily colored red and yellow, with black stripes and blue crests on the top of the head and under its lower jaw, though the crests can be albinistic or green. The crest on its head is razor sharp and can be used to injure or disembowel prey, or cut vegetation obstructing flight. The leonopteryx also has a large brain cavity, flexible, membranous wings stretched taut over a carbon fiber bone structure, powerful talons for grasping prey and perching, twin tails for flight control, flow-through ventilation for high performance, and large hooked claws. The leonopteryx has powerful jaws which can open at a wide angle, capable of cleaving a mountain banshee in half. Despite their superior binocular vision, they are unable to see directly above them, most likely due to the very pronounced brow ridges above their eyes. Being the apex aerial predator of Pandora, this is not a problem for the leonopteryx, as it has no need to watch for attackers. However, this weakness is exploited by Jake Sully, who jumps from his banshee from above the unaware leonopteryx and tames it through tsaheylu.
The wingspan of the leonopteryx is more than 25 meters (75–80 ft.). It can even exceed 30 meters. Its wings are composed of individual finned members that can separate to act as a slotted airfoil, or overlap and seal to form a solid surface. When separated, they can rotate individually to induce or retard vortex formation. These finned members are not unlike the primary feathers of many terran birds. The fiber composite bones help the animal to achieve flight through the dense Pandoran atmosphere, as with other flying animals of Pandora. Unlike its smaller cousins, the banshees, its legs are not vestigial and are a key part of its anatomy, as they are used for grabbing prey while diving or to provide a stronger kick while taking off. The leonopteryx has four large golden eyes with black pupils. Two of its main eyes are in the front of the skull, and the two others are located near the rectangular antenna bases. Due to its size, the leonopteryx would not be a dense jungle hunter like banshees, but would have very little trouble on the plains or near cliffs or mountains, where it could feed on mid-sized animals or banshees.
The leonopteryx are difficult to locate. This fact is exacerbated by the associated risk with trying to locate the resting place of such a massive, dangerous animal. However, some have been sighted in the Hallelujah Mountains. Members of the species mate for life and breed once every two years. Primarily, the great leonopteryx travels alone and occasionally in pairs. However, unlike the mountain banshee, they have never been observed in a swarm, or other high concentration.

Quotes taken from wikia.

I hope y'all find use for these two.
Best Regards from the Hallelujah Mountains.

(For Personal Use Only.)

Stay Free....Stay True....Halt All Corperate Exploitation Of The Only Planet We Have!

Edited by Eryiedes on 05/27/2012 at 6:09am

Eryiedes
Legend
Legend

Posted: 05/28/2012 at 7:19pm | IP Logged Quote Eryiedes

Evening folks,

So, I am searching the web for decent pics to turn into tokens from the latest of the Alien series. Originally I was looking for images of the USCCS Promethius but instead turned up a Trek vessel instead.
I was never a big fan of any of the Trek tv franchize except the original series from the sixties but I believe this ship was created for the Voyager series. Aside from that I have no clue about what it does or what any of it's specs are but it's a cool looking ship so let's run it up the flagpole and see what shakes out.
It's a wonderful render....wish I could recall where I found it.
I hope y'all find use for this one.
Best Regards from the Delta Quadrent.

(For Personal Use Only.)

Stay Free....Stay True....Support Space Command, GET IT DONE!!!

<< Prev Page of 22 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version