Dundjinni Logo Dundjinni Logo Dundjinni Logo

Forums

Active Topics  :  Memberlist  :  Search  :  Help  :  Register  :  Login
Help Dundjinni! Rate This Website at RPG Gateway

Objects and Textures (Modern/Sci-Fi)
 Dundjinni Mapping Software - Forums : Objects and Textures (Modern/Sci-Fi)
Subject Topic: A gun for all seasons Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Eryiedes
Legend
Legend

Posted: 08/10/2011 at 8:42pm | IP Logged Quote Eryiedes

Top of the mornin',

This almost qualified for the "Got Hawk?" thread but I figured I would squeak it by here instead....I have other doodads to post there.
As for today....I hope you like Serenity?
Hope y'all find use for em.
Best Regards from the Big Shiny Verse.

(For Personal Use Only.)

Let's start off with the most well known first and work our way through. I guess if you think Firefly, the first image (weapon-wise) that would come up would be Mal's Liberty Hammer. Way to go Moses Brothers!

Next up would have to be Jayne Cobb's pistol. I forgot the original pistol it was built off of but I do recall the name sounded french....like LeMat or something. Actually, yes it WAS a LeMat percussion revolver.

Plus one of Jayne's lesser used weapons, a souped-up Colt 45. I think in the "Hawk" thread you'll find a Deagle if you need a pistol for River to run amok with. You may even find the Maidenhead pistol to go with it!

Next stop....Zoe's Mare's Leg. The calibre of her rifle was .44-40 but I am not certain if this is the exact model we are looking at.

A lesser seen prop used by Kaley in either the series or possibly the motion picture. Basically just an MP-5 with a facelift and universal mount sleeve. Shiny!

This last one was never in Firefly or Serenity but was instead supposed to be seen used in the first Alien film by Captain Dallas in the airducts before his "death". Instead I believe if you are quick it can be seen hanging in his holster after they take inventory of weapons on the Nostromo.

Peace & Understanding (knows that London is simply preparing the sleeping masses for even more "austerity")

Edited by Eryiedes on 08/17/2011 at 7:23pm

Eryiedes
Legend
Legend

Posted: 08/17/2011 at 3:48am | IP Logged Quote Eryiedes

Ehhh, what's up Doc?

My friend Bob the Aliens-Fiend is starting a Weird War game and asked me what type of tokens I had for him.
Suprisingly little came the responce, so to that end I figured I would start with the Allies and work my way through Axis firepower. Some of these may seem more at home in a Weird West or "Cowboys & Aliens" movie....(which I might add SUCKED bung bigtime!)....but if I know Bob, he won't have any complaints.
(Well, not about the tokens anyways but the Obama administration is an entirely different matter!)
Hope y'all find as much use for these as Bob does.
Best Regards from your friends at Colt.

(For Personal Use Only.)

Peace & Understanding (will put Colt out of business one day!)

Eryiedes
Legend
Legend

Posted: 08/17/2011 at 7:48pm | IP Logged Quote Eryiedes

Oya,

Time to throw a few more shrimp on the barby.
The older weapons post continues with some more American pistols mostly from pre-WW I but none of these would be considered strangers in the trenches of Verdun.
(Bob is happier than a pig in s--t!)
Hope y'all find use for them.
Best Regards from the front lines.

(For Personal Use Only.)

This first one may or may not be recognized right off the bat. Those of you who watched Demolition Man may recall the so-called villain....Edgar Friendly. Although they tried to pass this one off as a pistol shotgun, it is in reality a double barrel flare pistol.

Perhaps a double-tap of the Type-90 is in order. In this case, a triple barrel version!

A friend of mine had one of these handed down to him as an "inheritance". He moved away almost 2 decades ago but I heard from buddy that he sold it....what an absolute SHAME! I wonder how much he got for it? (It couldn't possibly have been enough!)

See? Told ya Jayne's pistol was a LeMat!

A classic wild west sidearm if there ever was one.

A choice piece. I had the pleasure of handling one once but never fired it as the ammo was pretty expensive and the owner was quite "frugal" with his expenditures.

I know for a fact that a nickel plated version of this pistol was used in the movie remake of "The Quick and The Dead" and is seen in Leo's store as Gene procured a weapon for Crowe.

For a while I mistakenly thought that this was the sidearm of choice for Indiana Jones. I DO know that this was this pistol seen in The Wall as the young Bob Geldof stole a handful of .455 rounds to place on some train tracks. I held one once and I can honestly say it seems heavier than it looks.

Tomorrow I will continue with American rifles.

Peace & Understanding (Obama is about to stage a false flag attack to save his re-election bid to blame on Ron Paul or the Libertarians....DO NOT BE FOOLED!!!)

Edited by Eryiedes on 08/17/2011 at 7:49pm

Eryiedes
Legend
Legend

Posted: 08/19/2011 at 8:47am | IP Logged Quote Eryiedes

Bunga-Bunga,

The cavalcade of antiques continues today with a few "leftovers" from yesterday before getting into the regularly scheduled post.
Where were we anyway?
OH, yeah....Indiana Joan and the Black Hole of Mamoo.
Hope y'all can put these to good use.
Todays post is brought to you courtesy of The Silver Liberation Army!

(Crash J.P. Morgan Chase and the Fed....I mean....uhhh....For Personal Use Only.)

First off let's get our "Raiders" on. Two of Indy's weapons are the Smith & Wesson Model 17 (quite possibly in .455 calibre) and the Browning High Power 9x19mm. Although in the movie, the actual weapon was the Canadian-made Inglis. What else can I say except even Lucas knows if you want something done right the first time, you buy it in Canada!

Now that we have that out of the way, onto the rifles.
Not really sure what movie this one was from but its a beauty of an antique....the Krag Joergenson 30-40 Rifle.
Quite possibly used where a Mauser K98 was needed but couldn't be procured for filming.
Sorry, this one probably should have been bundled with the German firearms. Oh well, live and learn....and as I just learned today, this rifle was used by none other Teddy R. and his Roughriders! It apparently beat out the Lee Enfield SMLE, favored by Lawrence of Arabia. It scored over 25% more hits and every shot it delivered was considered a "one-shot kill". Guess it was in the right folder afterall.

The next one is the U.S. military M-1 Garand followed by the M7 Grenade adaptor for the same weapon.

Almost as well known during WW II is the M-1 Carbine.

Next up is one of the U.S. military's premiere sniper rifles of the era, the Springfield M-1903A4 with M-84 Sight.

Last up is an oldie but a goodie brought to you courtesy of Quigley Downunder. Tom Selleck's weapon of choice for long distance shooting in the Australian Outback? The Uberti Sharps 1874 Long Range lever action breechloader with Vernier Sight, 34 inch barrel and modified to fire a 45 calibre metal cased cartridge with a 550 grain paper patched charge, sighted out to 800 yards. (This one shoots a might further) Everytime this beast barks out during the movie, my sub-woofer makes the entire room shake!
"An expiramental weapon with expiramental ammunition....let's expirament!"

Tomorrow will continue with U.S. military submachineguns.

Peace & Understanding (knows Ron Paul is the logical choice for POTUS and may be the ONLY candidate since JFK!)

Edited by Eryiedes on 08/26/2011 at 1:59pm

Eryiedes
Legend
Legend

Posted: 08/21/2011 at 3:00pm | IP Logged Quote Eryiedes

Nnnngghhhnn.....hangover,

Feeling pretty fuzzy today but I do have a post, even if somewhat late.
Not an extremely extensive category given the era of history but there are a few candidates that stand out from the rest.
Hope y'all find use for them.
Best Regards from your friends at Auto-Ordinance.

(For Personal Use Only.)

Used in the movie "Red" but refered to as "Swedish K" is the M-45.

Then a double-tap of the Auto-Ordinance Thompson M-1. One with the clip and the other with the classic drum magazine.

Last but not least, since shotguns were pretty straight forward and didn't change much during the era, I will post this last Trenchgun before moving onto German weaponry in the next post.

Peace & Understanding (will not tolerate corruption in positions of power)

Edited by Eryiedes on 08/21/2011 at 3:04pm

Bogie
Djinni (Admin)
Djinni (Admin)

Posted: 08/21/2011 at 9:03pm | IP Logged Quote Bogie

That's a lot of Guns! Nice work Eryiedes!

Eryiedes
Legend
Legend

Posted: 08/22/2011 at 2:09am | IP Logged Quote Eryiedes

Guten tag mein herr.

Thank you for the kind words.
I was going to post later on but since I happen to be here anyways, lets continue with some goodies from Mauser and Rhinemetall.
Thanks to Uncle Georges choice of asthetics, some of these will look just as much at home in a Star Wars game as they would in an Axis vs Allies conflict.
My buddy Bob has been floating on a cloud since this thread started but he has a few complaints about the speed of my posts not keeping up with his games progress.
(Hence the reason I skipped over the Brits for now!)
Hope y'all find use for these.
Best Regards from your friends at Kreigholf.

(SEIG HEIL....I-I mean, uhhh....For Personal Use Only.)

I'm pretty sure these first two need no introductions.

This rifle was the longarm of choice for the German military. It's counterpart in the American military would be the M-1 Garand. It saw use both as standard infantry rifle and sniper rifle.

The early choice of "Burp Gun" for the German military. I think I'd rather have had an ERMA.

This bad boy featured as the Flying Wing's turreted weapon used by Karen Allen in Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Behold the precursor of the modern assault rifle.

This one is my favorite weapon from Return to Castle Wolfenstein! Like most expiramental weapons of the era, it was plagued with a number of small design flaws ranging from too much recoil to a flimsy bipod and a slightly too dainty bayonet. It also used machinegun scaled ammo yet had an assault rifled rate of fire with only a 20 round magazine....not exactly the best of combinations. I believe it saw first use in the German paratrooper ranks during the Allied invasion of Italy.
"Now, that's a spicey meatball!"

More German armaments to follow tomorrow....

Peace & Understanding (MEIN FUHRER....I CAN WALK!!!)

Edited by Eryiedes on 08/22/2011 at 8:15pm

heruca
Janni (Moderator)
Janni (Moderator)

Posted: 08/22/2011 at 8:50pm | IP Logged Quote heruca

Excellent updates. Love the Tommy guns.

Eryiedes
Legend
Legend

Posted: 08/23/2011 at 1:47am | IP Logged Quote Eryiedes

Guten Morgen,

Thank you, for the kind words.
I plan to devote a bit more time to "Got Hawk?" once this one runs its course.
The Axis cavalcade of antique firepower continues.
Although the last post just about covered the Third Reich, there are a few noteworthy items that have been neglected....so, let's remedy that shall we?
I hope y'all find use for these.
Best Regards from your friends at Walther.

(For Personal Use Only.)

This first one was a leftover from yesterday. This infamous design was unsurpassed in it's day. So effective was the weapon that it essentially remains virtually unchanged in it's current modern day incarnation....kinda like a shark! The sound of it's report is as unmistakable as the AK-47. Sounding more like "canvas ripping" than the chatter of a conventional machinegun (due to its unbelievable rate of fire) it was a bane to the Allied forces all throughout the war.

Now, that's a freaky looking pistol!

At one time the PPK was the weapon of choice for 007 after he switched from the Beretta and before he went to the Browning BDM. This weapon has a very colorful history and is still in use today despite being surpassed by most modern weapons.

After the P-08 and the C-96, this weapon is one of the most well known sidearms used by the German military during the war. Although complete fiction, Indiana Jones fired a single bullet from one of these pistols through three attackers that faced him as they squared off on a WW I era tank in the 3rd installment of the Raiders series....much to his suprise I might add!

Bob would never forgive me for leaving this one out.
The penultimate, quintessential submachinegun, the ERMA MP-40 model set the bar for future development in the field of automatic weaponry that utilized pistol-sized cartridges. Pretty much one of the best firearms produced throughout the entirity of the war.

Last but not least....can't have a war without anti-tank weaponry. Even the name "Panzerschrek" was capable of striking fear into Allied tank crews. Father was lucky enough to avoid being hit by one of these at the Falais Gap. If only the same could have been said about the 88mm emplacement he rolled up on right after that. He survived barely but alas, the same could not be said for for the rest of his M-4 crew.

Tomorrow will continue with weaponry from the U.K.

Peace & Understanding (WILL hold the corperations culpable for destroying our world and way of life accountable even if its the last thing humanity ever does)

Edited by Eryiedes on 08/23/2011 at 2:42am

Eryiedes
Legend
Legend

Posted: 08/26/2011 at 3:55pm | IP Logged Quote Eryiedes

Cheers,

Turns out most of this category (U.K. weaponry) has already been posted with a few notable exceptions.
(Webley .455, EM-2, SMLE MK IV, Browning High Power, Thompson M-1, etc....)
So, lets just toss them in and move straight onto Japanese weapons tomorrow.
Hope these are useful....I'll be sure to toss in a Bren Gun once I find a decent shot.
Best Regards from The Bailey.

(For Personal Use Only.)

Peace & Understanding (is not the "goal" of The State.)

<< Prev Page of 7 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version