Dundjinni Logo Dundjinni Logo Dundjinni Logo

Forums

Active Topics  :  Memberlist  :  Search  :  Help  :  Register  :  Login
Help Dundjinni! Rate This Website at RPG Gateway

Objects and Textures (Modern/Sci-Fi)
 Dundjinni Mapping Software - Forums : Objects and Textures (Modern/Sci-Fi)
Subject Topic: A gun for all seasons Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
ProBono
Legend
Legend

Posted: 03/07/2012 at 7:49am | IP Logged Quote ProBono

.470 Nitro Express Elephant Gun...

.577 Westley Richards Elephant Gun (Cal. .577 Nitro Express. 750 gr. bullet, 100 gr. cordite.)...

"Even for the larger-than-life Ernest Hemingway, his double-barreled .577 caliber Nitro Express was one big gun. Manufactured by the Westley Richards firm in England in 1913 and weighing in at nearly sixteen pounds, the rifle was meant to stop the biggest beasts in Africa. It accompanied Hemingway on safari in 1953, as recounted in the book Hemingway’s Guns, which devotes an entire chapter to the famed .577. “It’s an absolute masterpiece,” says Silvio Calabi, one of the book’s authors. “The thing you really come away with after looking at it is, man, they really knew how to build these things back then.”
During World War II, Hemingway outfitted his fishing boat, Pilar, to hunt German U-boats, which often infiltrated the waters off Cuba. And, yes, the .577 was aboard. Hemingway apparently figured if it was good enough to take down elephants and rhinos, it could likely punch a pretty good hole in the hull of a submarine, though he never actually got to test the theory."
However, he used his favourite twelve-gauge Boss for his suicide.

Personnal Use Only.
Back to Top View ProBono's Profile Search for other posts by ProBono

Eryiedes
Legend
Legend

Posted: 03/16/2012 at 12:41pm | IP Logged Quote Eryiedes

Hey Dudes and Dudettes,

Nice additions, sir.
(The history was a nice touch too!)
Arigato PB-San.

Thought I would throw something new up in here.
A few monthes back I posted an Atreides Rifle from the David Lynch directed Dune. To this I would like to add another Dune weapon....in this case the House Atreides Weirding Module. I believe in this case it's an actual screen used version or "hero blaster" as they say in the business. Yet another very talented prop master I must thank for making my games more realistic.
Hope y'all find use for it.
Best Regards from the Fremen.

(For Personal Use Only)

(Kony 2012 is a complete stinking farce....this is simply the "West" in competition with the Chinese over control of the last of the percieved oil supplies....do not be fooled by the same old "dog & pony" show again)

Stay Free....Stay True!

Eryiedes
Legend
Legend

Posted: 03/23/2012 at 7:39am | IP Logged Quote Eryiedes

Namaste,

I saw this bad boy hiding on the net and had to add it to my token library. I am certain y'all will find good use for it as well. First time I ever saw a Glock-17 that looked "practical".
Best Regards from Heckler & Koch.

(For Personal Use Only)

Stay Free....Stay True....and get yourself one of these to KEEP it that way!

Eryiedes
Legend
Legend

Posted: 03/23/2012 at 8:08am | IP Logged Quote Eryiedes

Hola muchachos,

Are y'all ready for another set?
This time the goodies come from one of my favorite videogames: Battlefield 2142. Both PAC and EU weaponry are included here....enough to start your own private war! They have definitely found their way into my next game.
I hope y'all find use for them.
Best Regards from Shuhia Taiba.

(For Personal Use Only)

Stay Free....Stay True....now, try not to shoot your eye out!

Edited by Eryiedes on 03/23/2012 at 8:11am

Eryiedes
Legend
Legend

Posted: 04/23/2012 at 4:18am | IP Logged Quote Eryiedes

Hey Everybody!

(HI, DOCTOR NICK!!!)

Thought I would drop in and post this beautiful prop I found at the RPF. Fantastic work! The attention to detail is fantastic. It must have been machined from an actual weapon versus pepakura or a nerf-build. A very talented prop-jockey and now I thank him for making my games more "authentic".
Best Regards from Ruger.

(For Personal Use Only.)

Stay Free....Stay True....throw out ALL Republicans & Democrats....it's high time they stopped being a part of the problem!

Edited by Eryiedes on 04/23/2012 at 4:18am

Eryiedes
Legend
Legend

Posted: 05/06/2012 at 10:02am | IP Logged Quote Eryiedes

Bonsoir,

I was tooling through my pic libraries when I come across this little gem.
I had been looking for a decent weapon to use for a UAW when 1/6th Warriors provided the solution to my problem.
I believe it's a C-26 variant Exploder from Ghost in the Shell but it may have been mislabeled.
Best Regards from Seburo Munitions.

(For Personal Use Only.)

Stay Free....Stay True....and let's keep Dystopia out of our lives and restrict it to the big screens where it belongs.

Edited by Eryiedes on 05/06/2012 at 10:04am

aegean
Legend
Legend

Posted: 05/06/2012 at 10:10am | IP Logged Quote aegean

The pistol grip part type thingy - looks like a pop-riveter . . . . .

Eryiedes
Legend
Legend

Posted: 05/11/2012 at 10:00am | IP Logged Quote Eryiedes

aegean wrote:
The pistol grip part type thingy - looks like a pop-riveter . . . . .

Hey,

I hadda google than one.
Not much up for today.
Thanks to 1/6th Warrior, I have added what appears to be a silenced AK series rifle. If the label is correct, it's called a Type-64....which suggests it may be Chinese in origin.
Or it could be completely fictional, but it looks purdy!
Best Regards from Izhmash.

(For Personal Use Only.)

Stay Free....Stay True....Ban Nuclear Power!

Eryiedes
Legend
Legend

Posted: 05/17/2012 at 3:00pm | IP Logged Quote Eryiedes

Hi,

Today for posting we have arguably one of the worst pistols ever made for posting.
"But there are so many to choose from?"
Well....we can only choose one for today and so I choose the Lorcin....in this case the L-9 9x19mmP.

According to the ATF, this pistol was one of the most common guns used in crime in America during the 1990s. It had no outstanding features other than its low price and high availability. It was a single-action weapon of low reliability and power. Available in fancy finish options – including black/gold, chrome/pearl, camouflage, and chrome/pink (the Lady Lorcin) – hundreds of thousands were sold to people who couldn’t afford a superior gun or who didn’t know any better.

Quote taken from GURPS High-Tech.

Hope y'all find use for this one.
Best Regards from SJG.

(For Personal Use Only.)

Stay Free....Stay True....Stay Armed!

Edited by Eryiedes on 05/17/2012 at 3:03pm

Eryiedes
Legend
Legend

Posted: 05/21/2012 at 11:09pm | IP Logged Quote Eryiedes

Howdy all,

Let me just start by saying....I LOVE the RPF!
(In a "manly-man-like" way I mean....like in a big game hunter in the 1800's kinda way....not in a "Twilight" way!)
I had a pic of this bad boy before but the background was terrible for removal and so I kept putting off doing it. I really did want to have more than one pistol from Avatar in my token library but so far only had one.
That ends today.
I only ever saw Quaritch hold or use one and it was the weapon used to ice Sigourney. Finding an "open" version of it was a bonus.

The Masa-Cirre Ltd. SN-9 WASP is a modern, full-featured revolver used by the Resources Development Administration. The WASP is a slow auto firing 8-shot revolver. The mags are one-use disposables with the charges embedded into the mag housing, and capable of containing any 9mm ammo. An organic/motion aiming system is embedded in the barrel emitting a beep on target detection. Often acquired privately by soldiers when standard issue sidearms are not sufficient for many of the operations. The SN-9 Wasp has the reliability of a revolver, and the necessary punch to make sure the enemy goes down when hit. It is of particular use on Pandora, where many of the dangerous animals, (and aboriginals), are large and cannot be always be brought down with standard RDA issued sidearms. The position of the firing chamber behind the center of gravity allows the barrel to be centered over the handgrip, which improves the pistol's balance.
The SN-9 WASP's basic operating principle is identical to that of contemporary revolvers; repeating fire is achieved by the use of a revolving breechblock (the cylinder) containing multiple preloaded chambers, which align with and fire through a single barrel. It has a composite frame and is a break-open design, in which the frame is hinged below the cylinder and swings open to allow access to the cylinder from the rear. Unlike fixed-cylinder and swing-out designs, this layout allows access to all chambers simultaneously for loading using clips or speedloaders, as well as allowing cylinders to be removed and swapped. The WASP's ION DEP-UR cylinder has 8 chambers. The WASP is a gas-operated, selective-fire automatic revolver, featuring 2-round burst and fully automatic modes in addition to semi-automatic fire. The WASP fires a proprietary, 9mm caliber cartridge which uses a high-velocity, sub-caliber sabot projectile, offering superior penetration characteristics. Accessories available for the WASP include an underslung tactical light/laser pointer and an electronic scope with IR and movement detection. When equipped with the scope, the weapon is stated to have an accurate range of 135 meters. Colonel Quaritch's WASP is equipped with both units. The WASP's distinctive appearance is primarily a result of its streamlined frame, shrouded barrel, break-open design and olive drab finish on frame and cylinder. The clips are carried in a military bandoleer with small compartments.

Quote taken from Scifipedia.

Hope y'all find use for them.
Best Regards from Pandora.

(For Personal Use Only.)

Stay Free....Stay True....Keep your powder Dry!

Edited by Eryiedes on 05/22/2012 at 1:25am

<< Prev Page of 7 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version