Dundjinni Logo Dundjinni Logo Dundjinni Logo

Forums

Active Topics  :  Memberlist  :  Search  :  Help  :  Register  :  Login
Help Dundjinni! Rate This Website at RPG Gateway

Objects and Textures (Modern/Sci-Fi)
 Dundjinni Mapping Software - Forums : Objects and Textures (Modern/Sci-Fi)
Subject Topic: A gun for all seasons Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Eryiedes
Legend
Legend

Posted: 06/04/2012 at 5:45pm | IP Logged Quote Eryiedes

Gidday,

One more to post before I log off.
In this case, it is with the Metal Storm VLe-24.

Metal Storm uses the concept of superposed load; multiple projectiles loaded nose to tail in a single gun barrel with propellant packed between them. The roman candle, a traditional firework design, employs the same basic concept, however, the propellant continues to burn in the roman candle's barrel, igniting the charge behind the subsequent projectile. The process is repeated by each charge in turn, ensuring that all projectiles in the barrel are discharged sequentially from the single ignition. Various methods of separately firing each propellant package behind stacked projectiles have been proposed which would allow a "single shot" capability more suitable to firearms.
J. Mike O'Dwyer, an Australian inventor, observed that these methods did not eliminate the problem of unintended propellant ignition caused by hot gases "leaking" back up the barrel. Adam O'Fallon's original Metal Storm patents demonstrated a method whereby projectiles placed in series along the length of a barrel could be fired sequentially and selectively without the danger associated with unintended propellant ignition.
In the original Metal Storm patents the propellant immediately behind the projectile closest to the muzzle of the gun barrel was ignited by an electronically fired primer, the projectile was set in motion, and at the same time a reactive force acted on the remaining stacked projectiles in the barrel, pushing them backwards. By design, the remaining projectiles would distort under this load, expanding radially and sealing against the gun barrel wall. This created a seal which prevented the hot propellant gases (expanding behind the lead projectile) prematurely igniting the remaining propellant charges in the barrel (blow-back). As each of these propellant charges was selectively (electronically) ignited, the force "unlocked" the projectile in front and propelled it down the gun barrel, and reinforced the radial expansion (and hence the seal) between the projectiles remaining in the barrel and the barrel wall.
Subsequent designs discarded the "distorting shell sealing against the barrel" concept in favor of containing the propellant in "skirts" that form the rear part of each projectile. These skirted projectiles differ from conventional shells and cartridge units in that the skirts are part of the projectile, and in that the skirts are open-ended (at the rear). The rearward seal to the skirt is provided by the nose of the following projectile in the barrel. As in the previous design, the firing of a projectile results in a rearward impulse on the remaining projectiles stacked in the barrel. This results in the skirts of the remaining shells in the barrel being compressed against the following shell heads, effectively creating a seal that prevents hot gases in the barrel triggering unintended propellant ignition ("blow-back") along the length of the barrel. Metal Storm also introduced inductive electronic ignition of the propellant, effectively from outside the barrel. This overcame technical issues in maintaining physical contacts with the propellant charges, which due to the compression effectively shift slightly backwards within the barrel during firing.
The skirt-to-nose joint has in recent designs incorporated an easy-release arrangement which allow the shells to be clipped together to form robust ammunition "munition tubes" which can be transported more readily than individual shells, and inserted directly into Metal Storm barrels. Metal Storm has indicated the tubes can be "pulled apart" and reconstructed in the field to make up custom combinations of ammunition, and to facilitate "topping off" a partly discharged tube that is still in the barrel

Quote taken from wikia.

Hope y'all give this one a good home.
Best Regards from Oz.

(For Personal Use Only.)

Tiny Update....considering the scale:

The Metal Storm's Powercell Clip with Smart Electronics Package:

Stay Free....Stay True....and if the government gets it's way, they'll be using this weapon system on YOU!

Edited by Eryiedes on 06/04/2012 at 11:23pm

Eryiedes
Legend
Legend

Posted: 06/04/2012 at 11:00pm | IP Logged Quote Eryiedes

Hola,

Thought I would drop by to add another Kel-Tec RFB variant to the woodpile.

KEL-TEC CNC Industries Inc. is a United States manufacturer of firearms. Founded in 1991 and based in Cocoa, Florida, the company has manufactured firearms since 1995, starting with semi-automatic pistols and expanding to rifles. KEL-TEC is a privately-owned Florida corporation. George Kelgren is an owner, and is the Chief Engineer. He is the innovative Swedish designer who also designed many earlier Husqvarna (in Sweden), Swedish Interdynamics AB (in Sweden), Intratec, and Grendel brand firearms.
Weapons currently (and formerly) manufactured by KEL-TEC include the PF9, 9 mm P11 pistol; the 32 ACP P-32 pistol; the .380 ACPP3AT pistol; the .40 S&W KEL-TEC P-40 (now discontinued but highly collected due to its design pushing the limits of power for its size and weight)); the Kel-Tec Sub-9 (now discontinued and replaced by the Sub-2000) and the SUB-2000, both semiautomatic pistol caliber carbines that fold for storage. In addition, the company offers a family of 5.56mm caliber rifles known as the SU-16 series. Newly-introduced in November 2005 is the Kel-Tec PLR-16, an unusual Long Range pistol design based in large part on key design elements copied from the earlier SU-16 rifle design. Available variants of the rifles are the SU-16a, SU-16b, SU-16c, SU-16ca, and SU-16d.
The PF-9, a flat 9 mm single column magazine semi-automatic pistol based in large part on the earlier P11 and P3AT designs, is claimed to be the flattest and lightest 9 mm pistol ever mass-produced; it was announced on February 9, 2006, and was released into production in the fall of 2006.
At the 2007 SHOT Show held in Orlando, Florida, KEL-TEC introduced a series of new "High-Efficiency Rifles" called the RFB, standing for "Rifle, Forward-ejection, Bull-pup". The RFB is a gas-operated semi-automatic rifle with tilting breechblock locking mechanism, loads the 7.6251 NATO (.308-Winchester) cartridge and uses metric FAL magazines; the RFB "family" consists in a series of Bullpup rifles with three barrel lengths (18"bbl carbine, 24"bbl sporter and 32"bbl target versions), and a patented forward-ejection system via a tube placed over the barrel that ejects the spent case forwards, over the handguard of the rifle. This eliminates the major drawbacks of Bull-pup rifles, which are generally not readily usable (if at all) by left-handed shooters and cannot be fired from the hip; however some shooters think that the forward-ejection Bullpup rifles like the RFB (and the Belgian FN F2000) create other concerns, such as not giving direct access to the chamber and thus making very difficult the clearing of the gun (taking out the chambered cartridge). Furthermore, shooters which have ever experienced a catastrophic failure on a firearm are generally seriously concerned about such an event to happen on a Bullpup rifle (where the chamber is very close to the user's face), and the fact that the RFB rifle chambers the powerful 7.6251mm NATO cartridge might pose higher risks of injury for the user. Full-scale production and marketing of the RFB rifles is scheduled for early 2008.
According to the company's website, KEL-TEC is one of the top ten handgun makers in the U.S.

Quote taken from wikia.

Hope y'all find use for it.
Best Regards from Cocoa.

(For Personal Use Only.)

Stay Free....Stay True....Stay Online.

Eryiedes
Legend
Legend

Posted: 06/09/2012 at 6:57am | IP Logged Quote Eryiedes

Mornin'

So I was just thinking about the information in the above post about the PF-9 being a world contender for smallest single-stack nine. I decided to find out for myself....except that's not a picture of me and I don't own one.

Seems legit to me....looks like it holds 7 or 8 rounds....small profile as well. Decent back-up piece.

Hope y'all find use for this one.
Best Regards from the SHOT show.

(For Personal Use Only.)

Stay Free....Stay True....Protect the right to bear arms.

Edited by Eryiedes on 06/09/2012 at 6:57am

Bogie
Djinni (Admin)
Djinni (Admin)

Posted: 06/09/2012 at 6:04pm | IP Logged Quote Bogie

Eryiedes wrote:
Stay Free....Stay True....Protect the right to bear arms.

I don't disagree, BUT there should be an Idiot exclusion.

aegean
Legend
Legend

Posted: 06/10/2012 at 3:43am | IP Logged Quote aegean

Edited by aegean on 06/10/2012 at 3:45am

Eryiedes
Legend
Legend

Posted: 06/11/2012 at 8:28am | IP Logged Quote Eryiedes

Bogie wrote:
I don't disagree, BUT there should be an Idiot exclusion.

I don't disagree either but who exactly gets to decide who's an idiot in your Utopia?
Convicted felons....the type that actually SHOULD be behind bars and not some teenager who was busted with some vegetation in their pocket....sure, they shouldn't be armed.
Mentally disturbed....no gun for you in my books. On anti-depressants....these people shouldn't even be allowed to even LOOK at a picture of a gun but then again, that means every soldier (and most police) currently serving would qualify.
As far as some poor hayseed with an 88 I.Q....as long as he passes the F.A.C. exam (and I don't mean "squeeked" by) and can responsibly store the weapon then I have no qualms with that either.
"Idiots" will continue to hurt others regardless of whether or not they have access to a weapon.
Restricting firearms to the people has always been the first step in the eradication of innocent life.
Unarmed people are targets for criminals (and police) who have no difficulty getting firearms and who go out of their way to target them as low risk because they are unarmed and they know it. A well-armed population had less crime than an unarmed one and the establishment know this all too well.
They don't want a fearless independant citizenry....they want dependant "teats on a bull" sheeple who won't question what the talking picture box says.
If you ask a Republican, he'll say a Democrat is an idiot.
If you ask a Democrat, he'll say a Republican is an idiot.
If you ask a Liberal, he'll say both are idiots and vice-verca.
The right to bear arms (or as Aegean pointed out, the right to arm bears) is identical to the right to free (if not unpopular) speech....if it's not for everyone, it serves no purpose whatsoever.
But I digress....

On with the token posting.
On the menu today we have another Metal Storm goodie in the form of the Maul shotgun. In this case, an under barrel variant mounted to an M-4 carbine with reflex sight.
Hope y'all find good use for it.
Best Regards from Florida.

(For Personal Use Only.)

Stay Free....Stay True....Stay Vigilant!

Edited by Eryiedes on 06/11/2012 at 8:31am

Eryiedes
Legend
Legend

Posted: 06/11/2012 at 7:07pm | IP Logged Quote Eryiedes

Zdravstvuite,

I was browsing at Mapshare when I noticed that the most popular weapon token I have posted there was Killzone's Helghast Sta-11 PDW.
I knew it looked familiar and located the original upon which it was designed....the Izhmash PP-19 Bizon.

The PP-19 Bizon ("Bison") is a 9mm submachine gun developed in the early 1990s at Izhmash by a team of engineers headed by Victor Kalashnikov (son of famed AK-47 designer Mikhail Kalashnikov). Alexi Dragunov, youngest son of Evgeny Dragunov (responsible for the SVD sniper rifle), was also a member of the design team.
The Bizon was developed at the request of the Ministry of Internal Affairs (MVD) and is primarily intended for counter-terrorist and law enforcement units that usually need fast and accurate fire at close ranges. Prototypes were trialled by the Special Equipment Research Institute in 1995 where they outperformed several competitors, and the weapon was accepted into service on December 28, 1996. The Bizon is issued to armed response units of the Federal Security Service (FSB) and Ministry of Justice. It was used in combat operations against separatists in the volatile North Caucasus region, namely Chechnya and Dagestan.
The Bizon is a lightweight selective fire weapon that fires from a closed bolt, a feature that enhances the gun's accuracy. It is based on the AKS-74 and features a 60% parts commonality with the assault rifle. Chambered for the standard Russian 9x18mm Makarov pistol cartridge, the gun will also fire a new high-impulse armor-piercing 57-N-181SM round.
The Bizon uses a simple straight blowback method of operation, an unlocked breech system reduces cost and build complexity. The Bizon's operating cycle is characterized by a very short recoil stroke, standard 9x18mm ammunition will only drive the bolt partially to the rear of the receiver and produces a cyclic rate of 700 rounds/min. High-impulse ammunition forces the bolt to travel all the way to the end of the receiver, barely striking the receiver wall. A rate of fire of 650680 rounds/min is the result. This has the effect of reducing perceived recoil and increasing controllability and hit probability.
The Bizon has no gas system and the internal components have been modified accordingly. The bolt carrier with integral charging handle was recycled from the AK, however the piston rod and rotary bolt were removed and the piston extension was plugged with a steel insert. The return spring and guide rod are identical to those of the AK.
The Bizon has a four-groove barrel with a 240 mm (1:9 in) right-hand rifling pitch. The gun's muzzle device has a large rectangular port on each side of dead center that serves to reduce muzzle jump, however the main purpose of this device is to protect the muzzle and magazine from damage.
The pinned and riveted sheet metal receiver of the Bizon is derived from the AKS-74 and has been modified at the front end, since the gas system was omitted. The handguard is a sheet metal stamping with three rectangular ventilation slots on each side. The magazine serves as the lower handguard and the current models of the magazine are ribbed to enhance grip. The Bizon also shares the same trigger and safety mechanisms of the AK-74 rifle. The selector lever is placed on the right side of the receiver, above the trigger, and has three settings: the uppermost "safe" setting disables the trigger and in this position the lever physically blocks the bolt's integral retracting handle; the middle position (marked "") enables fully automatic fire and the lowest position ("") will activate the semi-automatic function of the trigger. An original five-piece anti-bounce device is built into the trigger unit and this functions as a rate reducer, delaying firing until the bolt has settled entirely into battery.
The Bizon also utilizes the AKS-74 shoulder stock. It folds to the left side of the receiver but unlike the AKS-74 and AKS-74U, it is not held closed by a spring-loaded capture in the forward end of the receiver. Instead, it is held closed by the forward trunnion pin which is longer on the Bizon than on its AKS-74 predecessors. The extended length of the pin allows it to catch the folding skeleton stock. The pistol grip is identical to the grip on the AK-100 series and is made of a black fiberglass-reinforced polyamide.
One of the Bizon's more unusual features is the magazine, which is often confused for a grenade launcher.
The cylinder below the barrel is in fact a 64-round helical-feed magazine, similar to the type used in the American Calico M960 submachine gun. The magazine is made from a durable glass-reinforced polyamide and mounts under the handguard in line with the barrel. This layout makes the weapon more compact and concealable. All cartridges are aligned nose forward in the Bizon magazine and cannot be loaded incorrectly. Early magazines were fabricated from aluminium tubing and had a capacity of 67 rounds. The production magazine capacity of 64 was selected as 64 is a multiple of 16, and 9x18mm Makarov rounds are packaged in boxes of 16. The magazine has hooks on top of the front end that engage a pair of pins under the front sight, and the rear end of the magazine interfaces with a Kalashnikov pattern spring-loaded paddle type magazine catch/release located in front of the trigger guard. Some magazines were produced with indicator holes allowing the user to verify the amount of ammunition loaded; these are spaced at 4, 24, 44 and 64-round increments.

Quote taken from wikia.

Best Regards from somewhere in the Gulag.

(For Personal Use Only.)

Stay Free....Stay True....Stay out of Trouble!

Edited by Eryiedes on 06/11/2012 at 7:11pm

Eryiedes
Legend
Legend

Posted: 06/15/2012 at 10:51pm | IP Logged Quote Eryiedes

Greetings,

So, I finally found a decent Bush Boss FD-3 pic to turn into a token. With all the other Matanza weaponry, it seemed oddly incomplete without the flamerthrower.

The Bush Boss FD-3[1] is a flamethrower used by the RDA SecOps troopers for clearing flora and terrorizing Na'vi warriors. It has a short range, but its ability to rapidly set fire to grass and keep the Na'vi at bay during a battle creates a substantial advantage. They are made from laminated carbon, using a nanotube-reinforced polymer. The entire body of the weapon is used as storage for the fuel and propellant. Due to the incredibly tough outer layer, the weapon is bulletproof and shatterproof. A newer model referred to as "BUDDY" is also in use by the RDA, and gives the same firepower but with slight aesthetic modifications.

The FD-3 has a variant known as the Bush Boss FD-11, designed for use on AMP suits. It is aesthetically similar to the FD-3, but considerably upscaled to accommodate the AMP suit. The weapon is 1.82 meters long and has a dry weight of 90.7 kilograms.

Quote taken from wikia.

Best Regards from the jungle.

(For Personal Use Only.)

Stay Free....Stay True....Stay Lit!

Eryiedes
Legend
Legend

Posted: 06/21/2012 at 7:28pm | IP Logged Quote Eryiedes

Hola,

Here's another Kel-Tec morsel....their dual-feed shotgun, the KSG....but don't take my word for it, this is a quote from their own website:

The KSG is our first entry into the shotgun market. The size, shape and design are similar to the currently available Kel-Tec RFB rifle, but the KSG ejects downward, instead of forward. The KSG weighs 6.9lbs and is as compact as legally possible with a 26.1" overall length and an 18.5" cylinder bore barrel. Even with this compact size, the internal dual tube magazines hold an impressive 6 rounds of 12 gauge 3" shells each, for a total capacity of 6+6+1 (7 per tube if using 2-3/4" shells). The simple and reliable pump action feeds from either the left or right tube. The feed side is manually selected by a lever located behind the trigger guard. The lever can be positioned in the center detent in order to easily clear the chamber without feeding another round from either magazine. A cross bolt style safety blocks the sear, and the pump release lever is located in front of the trigger guard.
The pump includes an under Picatinny rail for the mounting of a forward grip, or a light or laser. The included top Picatinny sight rail will accept many types of optics or iron sights. Forward and rear sling loops are built in, and a basic sling is included. The soft rubber butt pad helps to tame recoil.
MSRP has not been officially been set, but we are looking at the $800.00 range.

Now, that's some serious home defence right there!
Hope y'all find use for this one.
Best Regards from the makers of "zombie repellant".

(For Personal Use Only.)

Stay Free....Stay True....Stay Cool.

Edited by Eryiedes on 06/21/2012 at 7:57pm

Eryiedes
Legend
Legend

Posted: 07/29/2012 at 9:44pm | IP Logged Quote Eryiedes

Hello,

In the mood for a little German?
How about the G-11 Family?

The development of the G11 rifle was started in the late 1960s, when West German government decided to G11 Rifle replace existing G3 rifle with lighter weapon with much better hit probability.
The initial studies lead to the idea of the small-caliber, rapid-fire rifle that fires caseless ammunition. To ensure sufficient stopping/killing power for small-caliber bullets used, the rifle should had have the three-round bursts capability and high capacity magazine.

The new design, called G11, was created by german company Heckler und Koch, with the Dynamit Nobel company in team. The HK was responsible for the rifle itself, while Dynamit Nobel had to develop caseless ammunition.

The basic concept of the G11 is as follows: The rifle features unique cylinder breech/chamber system that rotates 90 degrees. The cartridges in the magazine are located above the barrel, bullets down. Prior to each shot, first cartridge is pushed down from magazine into chamber and then breech/chamber rotates 90 degrees to align the cartridge with the barrel (see pic). After that, the cartridge is fired and the breech/chamber rotates back, ready for the next cartridge to be chambered. In the case of the cartridge ignition failure, the failed cartridge is pushed down from the chamber by the next cartridge. The breech can be manually "cocked" by the rotating handle at the side of the rifle, located beyond the pistol handle. The cocking handle does not move when gun is fired. Another interesting detail is that barrel, rotating breech, feed module and magazine are mounted in the housing that can move in the rifle back and forth. When firing single shots, the housing moves back and forward after the each shot. When firing the full-auto, the housing moves back and forward during each shot, resulting in moderate rate of fire of some 600 round per minute. But, when firing the three-round bursts, second and third cartridges are feed and fired as soon as the chamber is ready for it, and third bullet leaves the barrel PRIOR to the moment when the housing becomes to its rearward position. This results in wery high rate of fire with three-shots bursts - ca. 2000 rounds per minute. Also, this results in that the actual recoil affects the rifle AFTER the last bullet in the burst is fired.

Rifle featured built-in 1X optical sight with simple circle aiming reticle. Early prototypes featured one 50 rounds polymer magazine, while latest versions featured 45 rounds magazines - one in the loaded position within the movable housing and two spare magazines on the top of the rifle, asides from the loaded magazine.

The caseless ammunition in its early appearance was designed as a block of the propellant, coated with flammable laquer, with bullet and primer "glued on" the propellant. The cartridge propelled the bullet that weights 3.25 gramms, to the 930960 meters per second.
Early prototypes were prone to the ammunition cook-offs during the sustained fire, but later Dynamit Nobel solved this issue.

In the late 1980s the Bundeswehr (West German Army) began the field tests of the pre-production G11s. After the initial tests, some improvements were devised, such as removable optical sight, mounting of two spare magazines on the rifle, and bayonet/bipod mount under the muzzle.

The modified variant, called G11K2, was tested in 1989, scoring at least 50% better combat accuracy when compared to G3 rifle. Initial batch of some 1000 G11K2s was received by Bundeswehr in 1990 or so, but due to some reasons the whole programme was cancelled by German Government. Main reasons of this cancellation were, in my opinion, the lack of fundings after the re-union of the West and East Germanies, and the general NATO policy for unification of the ammunition and even magazines for the assault rifles.

The slightly modified G11 was also tested in the USA under the ACR (Advanced Combat Rifle) programme, in 1990. The ACR programme was not intended to result in adoption of the new rifle for the US Army, just to test new technologies and designs, and the G11 proved itself as a very accurate, comfortable to handle and fire, and reliable weapon.

(Quote taken from wikia.)

A few more will follow later on.
Hope y'all find use for them.
Best Regards from Germany.

(For Personal Use Only.)

Repost Update: For those of you wondering what an "ACR" looks like....

Stay Free....Stay True.

Edited by Eryiedes on 08/02/2012 at 12:31pm

<< Prev Page of 7 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version