Subject Topic: Comway’s Fantasy Map Contest Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
comway
Henchman
Henchman

Posted: 11/28/2011 at 12:01am | IP Logged Quote comway

Contest Idea

Hi Kepli and Bogie I think we should have a Fantasy Map Contest going.

Map Contest should be centered on Fantasy setting. All leave that up to Kepli and Bogie to Area map or regional map or dungeon setting map.

I have few new books that I bought from my vender that I can put up for First and Second and Third prizes.

First Place Prize Holladay Bound from Wizards of the Coast 4th Edition Dungeons & Dragons Player Hand Book Collection (Player’s Handbook, and Player Handbook2 and a Monster Manual 4th edition) Winner must pay for the (Tax’s) on the $69.90 Prize items of 7%, payable to ComWay Communications Corp. ™ before shipping can be sent out. Free shipping any wear in the United States of America.

Second Place Prize Wizards of the Coast 4th Edition Dungeons & Dragons Player Hand Book and Player’s Strategy Guide, Winner must pay for the (Tax’s) on the $69.90 Prize items of 7% payable to ComWay communications Corp.™ before shipping can be sent out Free Shipping any wear in the United States of America.

Third Place Prize Wizard of the Coast 4th edition Dungeons & Dragons Player Hand Book and Whack A Catgirl card Game from Asmadi Games. Winner must pay for the (Tax’s) on the $54.98 Prize items of 7% payable to ComWay Communications Corp.™ before shipping can be sent out Free Shipping any wear in the United States of America.

Winner can Pay threw Paypal™ for the Tax’s due.

Kepli and Bogie will be the judges and cannot compete in the contest.

Contest end 12-30-2011 all contests must have their maps in by 12-28-2011 to be Judge!

All winner that live outside of The United States of America will have to pay for Shipping and potential Tax a pone arrival of Items.

ComWay
www.shamanicgameportal.com/Princess/Preamble/
Come join the Forums
www.comwaycommunications.biz/OPL/index.php?route=common/home

Give me feed back..Yes I all ready do have the products to give out.

Edited by Kepli on 11/28/2011 at 1:49am
Back to Top View comway's Profile Search for other posts by comway

Kepli
Djinni (Admin)
Djinni (Admin)

Posted: 11/28/2011 at 1:48am | IP Logged Quote Kepli

Great idea. Having actual prizes will probably help getting mappers for this contest

Bogie and I will think of a theme and get back to you all.

Thanks for offering those prizes Comway.

Kepli
Djinni (Admin)
Djinni (Admin)

Posted: 11/28/2011 at 11:14am | IP Logged Quote Kepli

After some email communications, we decided this will be a Dungeon theme.

Rules: use Dundjinni to create the map. You can use post processing for light/darkness, shadowing, etc., but you must list all the extras you've done.
The map can be a small or as large as you like.

The contest will run for the whole next month, so we will pick a winner at the start of the new year.

aegean
Legend
Legend

Posted: 11/28/2011 at 12:35pm | IP Logged Quote aegean

Ok - just to clarify, a couple of questions . . .

Q. "The map can be a small or as large as you like." Does this mean multiple lvl's or just the maximum of one full DJ map?

Q. "You can use post processing for light/darkness, shadowing, etc., but you must list all the extras you've done." I use DJ as a tool now, not just as a stand alone program. If I show my work flow will it still be considered a DJ map?

I would ask about multiple entries, but getting one map out of me is difficult enough!

ae

wolfboy
Hero
Hero

Posted: 12/04/2011 at 4:08pm | IP Logged Quote wolfboy

Ug.

Sadly, the "Must use Dundjinni" rule is a pretty severe limitation, these days.
Back to Top View wolfboy's Profile Search for other posts by wolfboy

Kepli
Djinni (Admin)
Djinni (Admin)

Posted: 12/04/2011 at 11:53pm | IP Logged Quote Kepli

aegean wrote:
Q. "The map can be a small or as large as you like." Does this mean multiple lvl's or just the maximum of one full DJ map?

As many DJ maps as you like

aegean wrote:
Q. "You can use post processing for light/darkness, shadowing, etc., but you must list all the extras you've done." I use DJ as a tool now, not just as a stand alone program. If I show my work flow will it still be considered a DJ map?

It should be recognizable as a DJ map. Often people use DJ's random floor/wall drawing and do the rest in other programs. If you show what you did with DJ in a work-flow I don't mind, since that will help others as well

Kepli
Djinni (Admin)
Djinni (Admin)

Posted: 12/04/2011 at 11:54pm | IP Logged Quote Kepli

wolfboy wrote:
Ug.

Sadly, the "Must use Dundjinni" rule is a pretty severe limitation, these days.

How is that? Is your version not working? If so, we can see what can be done about that

Oh, and good to see you again Wolfboy

wolfboy
Hero
Hero

Posted: 12/10/2011 at 3:21pm | IP Logged Quote wolfboy

Just means most of the folks able to participate are going to be folks who've been here for a while.

Not a lot of truly new folks these days, since the Store is down.
Back to Top View wolfboy's Profile Search for other posts by wolfboy

ProBono
Legend
Legend

Posted: 12/11/2011 at 7:46am | IP Logged Quote ProBono

Just a thought...

One possibility for those without DJ, is to use the blanks from the Dungeon Tile Set in a program such as
GIMP, Paint.Net or PhotoShop. By adding artwork, lighting, shadows and storylines, you still end up with
an 80% DJ-looking result (slower to make, of course, than in DJ). And the populated Tiles might also be
directly snaggable too. By me.

[I've been trying to think how to chop up The Sims ...Welshy Inn Map... into 6x6's, and get ideas on how to
make other tiles from such contest maps.] Such quality work should not be limited to just one map...

Feb 2012 - Edit - looks like WolfBoy was right - not enough new folks for a contest. Did make up an entry
but didn't wan't to be the only one, so the bits went into the Tile Set. Dundjinni will rise again!

Edited by ProBono on 02/03/2012 at 3:23am
Back to Top View ProBono's Profile Search for other posts by ProBono

comway
Henchman
Henchman

Posted: 02/09/2012 at 1:09am | IP Logged Quote comway

Ok I'm back.. been working to hard. so where are we with this contest Kepli?

Back to Top View comway's Profile Search for other posts by comway

Page of 2 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version