Dundjinni Mapping Software - Forums : Social Lounge
Subject Topic: Dundjinni NOTW!!! Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
aegean
Legend
Legend

Posted: 08/16/2012 at 11:05am | IP Logged Quote aegean

Oh come on Eryiedes, we love your thread!

Please don't stop.

(offers bacon butty as a bribe)

ae

Eryiedes
Legend
Legend

Posted: 08/16/2012 at 11:08am | IP Logged Quote Eryiedes

Hello,

I can only recieve e-mail not send them.
Please send confirmation of deletion to eryiedes@videotron.ca.
I am sorry for the problems.

Kepli
Djinni (Admin)
Djinni (Admin)

Posted: 08/16/2012 at 11:55pm | IP Logged Quote Kepli

Are you serious Eryiedes? What problems are you talking about?
Aegean was just teasing you and perhaps that's not what you want for this thread?

Eryiedes
Legend
Legend

Posted: 08/17/2012 at 3:14pm | IP Logged Quote Eryiedes

Yes,

I am serious.

I no longer feel comfortable here anymore and it's obvious I have made others uncomfortable as well which was never my intent.
Now, it has culminated in trolling and derailment and it's been my experience that things don't improve from situations like these.
You can argue it was teasing and you may even be right but teasing or not....it WAS trolling. It WAS derailment.
Even Bogie, a site admin, joined in on the exchange.
Whether he meant to or not, Admins are supposed to prevent that sort of behavior, not embrace it.
If I have "pushed" people to this point, such was not my purpose and I feel greatly saddened.
Since all my threads have similar "inflammatory" comments on them, I figure the only way to correct this is to have ALL my entries and threads removed from the forum and my account deleted and that way the site can return to it's former state, free of anything I may have done or said.
I see no other solution.
Please send confirmation of deletion to the aforementioned e-mail address.

Once more I appologize for disrupting the forum and it's members and wish you and all the best in the future.

aegean
Legend
Legend

Posted: 08/18/2012 at 5:21am | IP Logged Quote aegean

?

ProBono
Legend
Legend

Posted: 08/18/2012 at 9:29am | IP Logged Quote ProBono

For the record, all ProBonos' posts are a mix of whimsy and reality, and usually doesn't say which is which, intentionally.

Eryiedes wrote:
It's obvious I have made others uncomfortable.

Some folks might have noticed after the first 23 posts
on this thread and no replies. Perhaps a thread more
applicable on a political website or personnal blog?

Eryiedes wrote:
If I have "pushed" people...such was not my purpose... (1)

23 straight posts of saying Americans are stupid is
sort of pushing them - push them to think, maybe...? *

Eryiedes wrote:
If I have "pushed" people... (2)

Aegean does not get pushed.
Aegean is a free spirit,
the butterfly that causes the hurricane. **

Eryiedes wrote:
...Have ALL my entries and threads removed from the forum...

Delete what you enjoyed making? ***

You have been banned from other sites for being "inflammatory". You now want to self-ban here? It
may not be an idea to cut yourself out from where you are appreciated. Please cheer up - even your tag is a
joke about suicide. This is a games mapping forum. People here spend evenings pretending to be magic
pixies. Have fun. Just ignore the bits you don't like. ****

Life is like a pubic hair on a toilet seat - you often get pissed off.

Check the hits on your threads. You are more popular than you think.

Notes:
* = Everyone thinks Americans are stupid, including Americans. They are indoctrinated to say "Republicans are stupid" or "Democrats are stupid". Anyone not rep or dem are of course called "stupid" also. Non-Americans know the truth, which is obvious to them (at least until they adopt Americanised schooling techniques).
** = Example of whimsy.
***= There is no requirement for admin to remove all posts. Possibly time consuming, and would confuse many existing threads.
****= Getting a bit personal there. Oprah calls it Tough Love.

Back to Top View ProBono's Profile Search for other posts by ProBono

Kepli
Djinni (Admin)
Djinni (Admin)

Posted: 08/19/2012 at 12:30am | IP Logged Quote Kepli

ProBono made very good points. The main point I see is that this is a game mapping forum and a such is not a political blog. I only read a few posts in this thread when it started and I was under the impression it was meant to be funny/comical/parody/...etc. What else do you expect on a forum like this? Especially when looking at those meme posts you made.

Personally I don't really mind if you want to post something like this thread here, but this might not be the best forum for such posts
I doubt there are many on here that took it as a serious thread. If they had, you probably would have had a lot more comments.
And no, we won't be deleting anything. We haven't had any complaints about your posts

People on this forum are nice people looking for gaming material, discuss maps/art/software, learn a bit about map-making and art-drawing, make friends and generally have a good time.

Bogie
Djinni (Admin)
Djinni (Admin)

Posted: 08/19/2012 at 8:04pm | IP Logged Quote Bogie

I am sorry if the Bacon comments upset you, that was not the intention.

In the past year or so the comment "Bacon" has sprung up all over the internet. It is used in a number of different ways, but the most common usage seems to be when the poster doesn't know what to say about a previous post.
It is not meant as derogatory but more to interject a little lighthearted humor.

This screen shot from the Paizo Forums is just an example of that.

Dragonlady
Legend
Legend

Posted: 08/20/2012 at 11:56am | IP Logged Quote Dragonlady

Kepli wrote:
ProBono made very good points. The main point I see is that this is a game mapping forum and a such is not a political blog. I only read a few posts in this thread when it started and I was under the impression it was meant to be funny/comical/parody/...etc. What else do you expect on a forum like this? Especially when looking at those meme posts you made.

Personally I don't really mind if you want to post something like this thread here, but this might not be the best forum for such posts
I doubt there are many on here that took it as a serious thread. If they had, you probably would have had a lot more comments.
And no, we won't be deleting anything. We haven't had any complaints about your posts

People on this forum are nice people looking for gaming material, discuss maps/art/software, learn a bit about map-making and art-drawing, make friends and generally have a good time.

I agree Kepli, I saw the first few posts and didn't check in again for several pages. Didn't think it belonged here but shrugged and said to myself, "Wait and see, we're nice folks around here." :) The last paragraph is why I come here. maps, making 'um and art.
Back to Top View Dragonlady's Profile Search for other posts by Dragonlady

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 4
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version