Dundjinni Mapping Software - Forums : Maps
Subject Topic: Dungeon within a Dungeon WIP Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Bogie
Djinni (Admin)
Djinni (Admin)

Posted: 05/24/2012 at 5:56am | IP Logged Quote Bogie

For a contest at the Cartographers guild I had to draw a map by hand.
Normally drawing by hand is not one of my better skills but I entered anyway.
I was not to impressed by my drawing but I liked the layout so I decided to turn the graph paper map into a Dundjinni map.

Not done yet, but here is a sneak peak at how it is coming along.
Still need to add shadows and finish the top half.

Let me know what you think.

Here is the sketch:

And here is the DJ version

Edited by Bogie on 05/24/2012 at 5:57am

Ravenbow
Hero
Hero

Posted: 05/24/2012 at 6:44am | IP Logged Quote Ravenbow

I like it. The whole reason I purchased DJ years ago was to do dungeons. I always like seeing what others do with it.

It looks to have a very interesting layout for dynamic combats. Do you plan on using it or is it just for the contest?
Back to Top View Ravenbow's Profile Search for other posts by Ravenbow

kurtyboh
Henchman
Henchman

Posted: 05/24/2012 at 6:45am | IP Logged Quote kurtyboh

Completely amazing!   Stellar work, can you put a grid on one?
Back to Top View kurtyboh's Profile Search for other posts by kurtyboh

Serendipitous
Hero
Hero

Posted: 05/24/2012 at 8:09am | IP Logged Quote Serendipitous

I'm sure i'll see it when the top half is done, but how do adventurers/dungeon dwellers get from the outer portion to the inner one?
Back to Top View Serendipitous's Profile Search for other posts by Serendipitous

Bogie
Djinni (Admin)
Djinni (Admin)

Posted: 05/24/2012 at 10:14am | IP Logged Quote Bogie

Thanks, glad you are liking it.

Once finished it will get used, I have a full description of the rooms and the backstory already written.

I will post a version with a grid, remind me if I forget.

There is only one way in, it is a very well hidden secret entrance involving the Triangular section of stone right above the red dragon's head. Adventurers checking for secret doors seldom look on the edge of a corner.

anaxetogrind
Hero
Hero

Posted: 05/24/2012 at 4:39pm | IP Logged Quote anaxetogrind

Saw the rough sketch on Cartographer's Guild looked interesting there but even better Dundjinnized.

Seems the top half of the dungeon is MIA. Intentional or did the site eat it

Bogie
Djinni (Admin)
Djinni (Admin)

Posted: 05/24/2012 at 6:13pm | IP Logged Quote Bogie

It is to big to do on one DJ screen so I have to do it in two parts and stitch it back together.

Kepli
Djinni (Admin)
Djinni (Admin)

Posted: 05/24/2012 at 11:26pm | IP Logged Quote Kepli

Excellent work Bogie

Serendipitous
Hero
Hero

Posted: 05/25/2012 at 4:29pm | IP Logged Quote Serendipitous

Brilliant plan about hiding the door in the corner!
Back to Top View Serendipitous's Profile Search for other posts by Serendipitous

Bogie
Djinni (Admin)
Djinni (Admin)

Posted: 05/25/2012 at 11:32pm | IP Logged Quote Bogie

Here is the Backstory and room descriptions:

When Wansor was a young summoner he made a big mistake and many good people paid with their lives. Barely escaping the enraged villagers, he vowed that his privacy and security would always be assured. When he reached a high level of wealth and power he constructed his home with that in mind. He created a secret, secure place to live and work. His Wansor Hall is hidden inside a decoy. Only the captain of the guards knows who he is and that the halls they patrol are only protection for his real home. But not even the captain knows where it is or how to enter it.   The rest of the guards believe they guard an old wizards home that is empty while he is traveling. Wansor expects that any common thieves or adventurers will waste their time and energy on the rooms that contain nothing of value. He also figures that more experienced advisories will find the secret doors to rooms 8 & 11 where they will encounter insignificant summoned creatures that they can battle.
Unknown to Wansor or the Captain, one of the guards did see the secret door open and saw Wansor enter his inner chamber.

Room Descriptions:

1: Entrance Corridor. Off a dark deserted highway, a secret cave leads to this hidden hall. The hall is 10' wide by 10 ft high.
The walls, floors and ceilings are well made of good stone but show signs of neglect.

2: Main Entry Room. In addition to the entrance from the south, there are corridors leading west and east. There are 6 jet black glass cubes that are 5'x5'x5'. If any case is tampered with the glass will shatter releasing the 8 HD Water Elemental that is inside it. When the first cube shatters, 2 more will soon follow and a chance that all of them will open.
The secret door into Wansor's inner domain is in the middle of the northern wall at the peak of the V. Hidden in that edge are 3 buttons that must be pushed in the correct order to open the entry.

3: Secret Door. This door is so well crafted that the chance of detecting it without magical means is limited. If the buttons are pushed in the correct order the solid stone wedge that blocks the entry will rise up to the ceiling. If a 4th button hidden in the floor is not pushed before the stone door reaches the ceiling it will come crashing down crushing whoever is under it.

4: East Corridor.

5: West Corridor.

6: Guard Barracks. Half of the 14 guards can be found here resting and relaxing while the other half are on patrol.

7: Decoy Library and Laboratory. In this room are many useless dummy spellbooks, potions and cheap lab equipment. The guards don't know about the secret door to room 8.

8: Decoy Summoning Room. Trapped in the pentagram is a Bone Devil. He is very angry about being here. If anyone enters the room without pushing a small button in the entry hall a crack in the floor widens until it breaks the summoning circle releasing the devil.

9: Connecting Corridor. There may be a random Para-elemental or three wandering the hall.

10: Hall of Heroes. There are 10 heroic statues in this hall. Wansor picked them so they would look "Grand" here, but they have no meaning at all. At the DM's discretion some of the statues might be caryatid columns, or stone golems.

11: Decoy Throne Room: The throne looks real but is not, the 4 braziers in the corners can release Para-Elementals to battle intruders.

12: Secret Entry Hall. Connects the Decoy dungeon to the real living quarters. Failure to push a hidden button in the wall releases the 16 HD Water Elemental that is contained in the central pool in room 13.

13. Central Room. In addition to the Water Elemental in the pool, any number of wandering creatures might be in or near this room. They are all under Wansor's control.

14: Kitchen. Wansor has 4 Erynies working as his cook, maids, and companions. 2-4 of them will be in here at any given time.

15: Library. This is Wansor's real library. There are many books on the art of Summoning and magic theory in general.

16: Wansor's Room. There might be 1 or 2 of the Erynies in here, and possibly other summoned creatures as well.

17: Wansor's Lab. Numerous potions and lots of magical components and equipment. The room is guarded by a trio of Invisible Stalkers.

18: Observation Room. The central pit is used to hold and observe summoned creatures. Wansor often has 2 or more creatures battle each other in here both for study and entertainment. There are 6 statues of Fiendish creatures around the room. at least 2 of them are Stone Golems and 2 are Devils held in stasis.

19: Wansor's Summoning Chamber. This room contains powerful magic Wards.

Any number of summoned creatures could be wandering around in Wansor's Lair. Everything from minor Elemental Kin to powerful Devils. ( he prefers devils to demons since it was a demon that got him in trouble in the first place )

Page of 2 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version