Subject Topic: Modern Streets Art Pack.jar Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Bogie
Djinni (Admin)
Djinni (Admin)

Posted: 10/23/2012 at 8:00pm | IP Logged Quote Bogie

Rinas wrote:
Nope, i changed nothing and its on. I get messages if something changes my system.

That was my point. if you get that message then you have not deactivated the UAC before you try to install. It won't work right until you do. User error.

Rinas
Henchman
Henchman

Posted: 10/24/2012 at 2:50am | IP Logged Quote Rinas

Pointless discussion, if you are not capable to generate a program that can deal with such minor problems...

To blame the user for it is not fair. No one can have the perfect enviorment on his pc for a program, the coder must do this job.

And still the basic version of your Dundjinni doesn't work well. I must reinstall the whole program because it doesn't accepted to change the size of the grid. It installed an old Java Version that open a giant gate for virus, worms and trojaner.

Your program is bad, and you still should feel bad.

Edited by Rinas on 10/24/2012 at 2:51am
Back to Top View Rinas's Profile Search for other posts by Rinas

Cisticola
Legend
Legend

Posted: 10/24/2012 at 4:22am | IP Logged Quote Cisticola

I think a post needs to be created informing to the fact this site is maintained by a small number of volunteers, who have no access to the store and no contact with the owner. We our willing to give support, but often we are limited in what we can provide.

This site is maintained because it remains the best resource for mapping art on the web.

Rinas, listen to the advice given, or it is indeed pointless!

Rinas
Henchman
Henchman

Posted: 10/24/2012 at 12:47pm | IP Logged Quote Rinas

Only one last thing from me.
I spend 1 hour to create simple map tile for the forest (only "green" floor) and it didn't worked because, the first print had a 2 inch grid (i needed a 1 inch grid) and printed 20 sites (i was out of the room and thought the button "only 1 page" on my printer drivers was enough).
Then it took a lot of time to see that the program was broken (i wrote, the size of the grid didn't changed). What means, to reinstall it.
And then i had finally one Print of the page that got purple because the first 20 prints exhausted my yellow toner.

After 5 Minutes in OpenOffice Calc (Microsoft Excel as freeware) i had this simple map ready with grid and google search.

This program only cost me money and lifetime to get it worked and then it worked so badly that i only can say "insert random insult".
Back to Top View Rinas's Profile Search for other posts by Rinas

Kepli
Djinni (Admin)
Djinni (Admin)

Posted: 10/25/2012 at 12:53am | IP Logged Quote Kepli

You can change the grid settings for printing in the Print option under the File menu option. There you set it to 1 inch. Just close that window and you are done. It even stays that way when you create new maps or after restarting Dundjinni.

Tip: always print to PDF first. There are a number of pdf printers available that you can use. This tip is not just for Dundjinni, but for everything you want to print with lots of colours.

Kepli
Djinni (Admin)
Djinni (Admin)

Posted: 10/25/2012 at 12:56am | IP Logged Quote Kepli

Cisticola wrote:
I think a post needs to be created informing to the fact this site is maintained by a small number of volunteers, who have no access to the store and no contact with the owner. We our willing to give support, but often we are limited in what we can provide.

This site is maintained because it remains the best resource for mapping art on the web.

I can't hurt to create such a post ... thanks

aegean
Legend
Legend

Posted: 10/25/2012 at 2:07am | IP Logged Quote aegean

I don't think he set the export to 200dpi?

On an owner comment, I thought Mindy has been traced

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version