Dundjinni Mapping Software - Forums : Questions
Subject Topic: How do I change grid squares to CM? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
lingster
Legend
Legend

Posted: 10/17/2012 at 11:50am | IP Logged Quote lingster

What I need to do is make the grid squares be 1 centimeter in size, not 1 inch in size.

Is that even possible?

I know I can change the ruler to read CM, but it's not the printable CM where the px per inch is 200.   it's 800 per inch.   How do I get the grid squares to be 1CM x 1CM?

Please help!

P.S. I'm doing some maps for a game that the tiles are 25cm x 25cm in size. which is not quite 10 inches. each part of the map is specific in size. (streets are 5 cm, sidewalk is 2.5 cm, etc. each type is at a specific part of the map.

http://johnnylingster@blogspot.com
Back to Top View lingster's Profile Search for other posts by lingster Visit lingster's Homepage

Cisticola
Legend
Legend

Posted: 10/17/2012 at 3:08pm | IP Logged Quote Cisticola

Hi Lingster,

Far as I know you can't, it was one of those features most requested for DJ2 (which never happened!).

My only advice is to export your map into Photo Shop or Gimp (or any editoring programme) & resize your map there.

Sorry I cannot be of more assistance. Someone else may have better advice though, so wait out.

Kepli
Djinni (Admin)
Djinni (Admin)

Posted: 10/18/2012 at 1:50am | IP Logged Quote Kepli

I believe I may have found out how to do this
Mind you, I haven't tested the result on a printer or while drawing (yet). I am a bit sceptical on it working as you want it to work though.

The normal setting in Inches printed

The ruler scale default setting

Changed to 150 cm (5 feet = 150 cm)

Centimeters printed stays the same (as it should)

However the cm represented has changed. Use the Change button for the rulers to see this.

Zoomed in completely

Cisticola
Legend
Legend

Posted: 10/18/2012 at 5:59am | IP Logged Quote Cisticola

Looks good Kepli

Milk and cookies kept you awake, eh?......hang on, is'nt that a quote from a film?

lingster
Legend
Legend

Posted: 10/18/2012 at 10:20am | IP Logged Quote lingster

Kelpi, all that does is change what each square "represents". I could call it miles and each grid square would still be 1 inch printed per 4 squares.   I want to change the printed size from 1 inche for 4 squares, to 1 square per 2.5 CMs...

currently the map is perma-set to 800 pixels per inch. that's what I need to change.

Oh, and what happened to DJ 2.0? I didn't know it was even a thought until recently...

UPDATE: I can change the "grid square" to be 1 CM per cell, then map it out, just having to change the size of the objects, cover, etc. Only thing I can't change is the size of the floor and wall graphics. This gives me the ability to do 25 cells by 25 cells. aka, 25CM, by 25CM. Which in turn allows me to make the roads 5CM wide, and sidewalks 2.5CM wide, etc. etc.

Edited by lingster on 10/18/2012 at 11:18am

http://johnnylingster@blogspot.com
Back to Top View lingster's Profile Search for other posts by lingster Visit lingster's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version