Dundjinni Mapping Software - Forums : Questions
Subject Topic: Stamping Floors Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
robby
Henchman
Henchman

Posted: 01/07/2005 at 11:54am | IP Logged Quote robby

This might seem like a silly question, but I'm having a beast of a time rotating floor tiles and stamping them.

I've got a special corner floor tile that I'm trying to rotate then stamp. After I've got the floor desired and the stamp tool selected, when I right-click, the image of the floortile rotates (as desired) - but when I left click, it always goes on straight.

Am I missing something?
Back to Top View robby's Profile Search for other posts by robby

Ace
Legend
Legend

Posted: 01/07/2005 at 1:25pm | IP Logged Quote Ace

If it is a special tile, and not one that you want to use to "fill" an area, you probably need to move it to one of the COVER folders. Each specific folder contains a ~properties file that dictates how the art in the folder may be used. The ~properties file that is in the floor folder will only place the floor textures in that folder in a tiling manner. However, the ~properties file that is in the cover folder doesn't care about tiling, it wants to place art and allows it to rotate and sort through different versions of the art with the same name but with the suffixes of -a, -b, -c, etc.... And the objects ~property file is different still, it allows descriptions and stats for the objects to show up in the adventure portion of Dundjinni. Also different are the walls, traps, etc... ~properties files. I personally have made a folder called groundcover, that includes the ~property file for cover, but the art is all individual floor items.

Hope this is clear enough.

Edited by Ace on 01/07/2005 at 1:26pm
Back to Top View Ace's Profile Search for other posts by Ace

dDemonicAngels
Janni (Moderator)
Janni (Moderator)

Posted: 01/07/2005 at 6:50pm | IP Logged Quote dDemonicAngels

If it is user art, you also have the option of loading the image into some software (photoshop, realdraw, etc), rotating it 90 degrees, then naming it something else.

I've done that for a number of wooden floors that I wanted vertical instead of horizontal. At least that way, they all stay in the FLOOR folder and there is less hopping aroung.

On the other hand, I have also done what Ace suggests. There are different ways to approach it depending on what you are trying to do.
Back to Top View dDemonicAngels's Profile Search for other posts by dDemonicAngels

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version