Subject Topic: Western Town Map Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
djlittle
Legend
Legend

Posted: 02/05/2005 at 3:38am | IP Logged Quote djlittle

Hi everyone!

This is my very first post, and thought I would share the first map I made. "Hollow Cactus" It is the starting point for my players in my new 'Six Gun' Campaign.

There sure are some extremely talented artists here!
Back to Top View djlittle's Profile Search for other posts by djlittle Visit djlittle's Homepage

Halebop
Legend
Legend

Posted: 02/05/2005 at 4:09am | IP Logged Quote Halebop

Welcome! Nice Map DJlittle.

A tip for your cover objects: You can rotate the orientation of objects likes rocks and trees by right clicking with your mouse (or using the select tool and rotate from the menu). Also, if you use [control]+[right click] you can scroll through to alternate cover objects. You will find there are several different rocks lurking behind the first one for more variety.

Keep up the good work. Hope we see some more maps soon!

Edited by Halebop on 02/05/2005 at 4:10am
Back to Top View Halebop's Profile Search for other posts by Halebop

Kepli
Mythic
Mythic

Posted: 02/05/2005 at 7:02am | IP Logged Quote Kepli

Very Westerny (probably not an existing word ...) and a very nice first map.

Oh, and welcome aboard DJlittle ...

Eric of Ptolus
Legend
Legend

Posted: 02/05/2005 at 7:10am | IP Logged Quote Eric of Ptolus

You can use the "Search" feature to find some horses and carts and things. For example, look HERE.

Also, it took me awhile to figure out that there are more fonts available than "Academy". When typing text, you can select a font from the tool bar. Just in case you didn't know.

Nice map, I like it ! Plenty of public restrooms (funny how they are the only stone structures in town!)

If you add a small church and graveyard, there are also some pretty nice iron fences and tombstones folks have done over the past months.

Edited by Eric of Ptolus on 02/05/2005 at 7:14am
Back to Top View Eric of Ptolus's Profile Search for other posts by Eric of Ptolus Visit Eric of Ptolus's Homepage

slashdevnull
Mythic
Mythic

Posted: 02/05/2005 at 7:49am | IP Logged Quote slashdevnull

I really, really like this map. And, I like Eric's suggested add-ons. If I were to add a graveyard to this map, it'd most likely be just north of the Undertaker's house, removing the privvy in the process. That's prime location for an interesting scene where the dead rise from their graves one night while a good percentage of the town's small population is getting entirely too drunk in the saloon.
Back to Top View slashdevnull's Profile Search for other posts by slashdevnull

grimcatch
Legend
Legend

Posted: 02/05/2005 at 9:50am | IP Logged Quote grimcatch

VERY cool. Although I only do fantasy maps, I'm always interested in seeing what people do outside the high fantasy milieu. The more genres DJ can appeal to, the more users; the more users, the more free artwork for me! :-)

Plus, I might do a Dark Tower-style campaign some day. Stuff like this is certainly encouraging.
Back to Top View grimcatch's Profile Search for other posts by grimcatch

djlittle
Legend
Legend

Posted: 02/05/2005 at 10:08am | IP Logged Quote djlittle

WoW! Thanks for the imput!
Yep. The Stone outhouses were the only ones I could find. Maybe someone could do a more "Conventional outhouse?" BTW- Since I am thinking of it, would anyone be able to do "Top-down" figures for Western & WWII PCs/NPCs? I will most likely be running a WWII game in the near future.

Hmmm.. A church would be nice! but the players are already gone. They MAY return to get their reward heh,heh.. I may have the time to fix it up and add the church. Thanks for the horses!!! I also found somewhere, I can't remember, the spitoon, and a couple of other western related items. You guys ROCK!

Back to Top View djlittle's Profile Search for other posts by djlittle Visit djlittle's Homepage

Micah
Legend
Legend

Posted: 02/05/2005 at 7:22pm | IP Logged Quote Micah

Niice! Hmm, reminds me of a place close to where I grew up!

The font actually seems to fit this map. My favorite detail is the water trough.
Back to Top View Micah's Profile Search for other posts by Micah

slashdevnull
Mythic
Mythic

Posted: 02/05/2005 at 7:27pm | IP Logged Quote slashdevnull

I think that the font works as well. As for more conventional outhouses, someone with artistic skills better than mine might want to even consider a small outhouse with a roof on it that we can't see into. It's not like it's really a big enough structure to warrant too much detail. Plus, ahem, privacy...
Back to Top View slashdevnull's Profile Search for other posts by slashdevnull

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version