Dundjinni Mapping Software - Forums : Questions
Subject Topic: png. files question Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
sufimystic
Henchman
Henchman

Posted: 02/25/2005 at 11:21am | IP Logged Quote sufimystic

Hello again, I have another question. If i download the png. files do I just put them in the directories where I want them, the existing files in the directories appear to have a different extention?
Back to Top View sufimystic's Profile Search for other posts by sufimystic

Wurm
Legend
Legend

Posted: 02/25/2005 at 12:10pm | IP Logged Quote Wurm

The .djx files are Dundjinni's proprietary (xml-based) file format. I believe the png files will work in those directories, but most of us make lots and lots of directories under the User directory, and store the user art in appropriate folders there.

One thing that you'll want to pay attention to, though is making sure your folders have the correct ~properties file associated with it. The properties files tell Dundjinni how to treat the object. For example, if you have a door or a pit, treasure, cover, and so forth, you'll find that the program allows you to insert different information when you right-click the image. Walls and floors are handled differently so they look different.

Back to Top View Wurm's Profile Search for other posts by Wurm

sufimystic
Henchman
Henchman

Posted: 02/25/2005 at 1:02pm | IP Logged Quote sufimystic

Thank you,
Back to Top View sufimystic's Profile Search for other posts by sufimystic

jdale
Legend
Legend

Posted: 02/25/2005 at 2:43pm | IP Logged Quote jdale

Questions about this are SO common that it should probably be added to the FAQ in the Objects and Textures forum... moderator?

Kepli
Djinni (Admin)
Djinni (Admin)

Posted: 02/25/2005 at 4:16pm | IP Logged Quote Kepli

Sounds like a good idea. Jdale just answered a similar question on the YAHOO board and that explanation would be great for the FAQ.

slashdevnull
Djinni (Admin)
Djinni (Admin)

Posted: 02/25/2005 at 5:57pm | IP Logged Quote slashdevnull

jdale wrote:
Questions about this are SO common that it should probably be added to the FAQ in the Objects and Textures forum... moderator?

Your demand is my... demand? Something like that, since I don't "do" wishes.

Note: I was going to be a BOFH and say "RTFM" rather than update the FAQ, but it seems that the Fine Manual is a little sketchy in regard to details concerning just exactly where the User art PNG objects go.
Back to Top View slashdevnull's Profile Search for other posts by slashdevnull

Halebop
Legend
Legend

Posted: 02/26/2005 at 12:36am | IP Logged Quote Halebop

Cool. As a suggestion people also periodically ask "how do I upload images and files?". It probably seems obvious to us but seemingly not to everybody. I also think some people are nervous of the trial and error methodology most IT savvy types follow, hence the questions.
Back to Top View Halebop's Profile Search for other posts by Halebop

PaleKing
Henchman
Henchman

Posted: 04/04/2006 at 1:14am | IP Logged Quote PaleKing

Sorry, but I don't see the answers in the FAQ so I'll need to ask here;

As I understand it I should create new subdirectories in Program Files\Fluid\Dundjinni\Map\Fantasy\User for all the various stuff available on these boards to organise objects. However I should not create subdirectories within the other folders in Map\Fantasy\etc etc...

It seems that it would be more handy to upload the user art into the core programs files rather than into the User subdirectory.

Also - to upload, do I simply right-click and Save As?

Thank you, sorry to be a newbie but its not especially clear to me.

Cheers
Back to Top View PaleKing's Profile Search for other posts by PaleKing

Halebop
Legend
Legend

Posted: 04/04/2006 at 2:33am | IP Logged Quote Halebop

PaleKing wrote:
As I understand it I should create new subdirectories in Program Files\Fluid\Dundjinni\Map\Fantasy\User for all the various stuff available on these boards to organise objects. However I should not create subdirectories within the other folders in Map\Fantasy\etc etc...

It seems that it would be more handy to upload the user art into the core programs files rather than into the User subdirectory.

Hi PK,

You don't have to upload files to the user directory. You can create whatever folders you desire as long as the structure is correct... Dundjinni>Map>[Your Master Directory]>[Your Subsirectory]>[Your Art Folder]>[Your PNG Art Files]

Unless you place the art files 3 directories down below the map folder it won't work. Personally I like the user directory. I've got around 100 subdirectories in it sorted to my own logical tastes.   The "CSUAC" (Search it) attempts a different structure to unify art object location and facilitate Dundjinni file swapping.   The job of batching the art seems to have ground to a halt though and I personally find the more tightly defined file structure difficult to use and have decided to eschew it. (To an extent where you have a file structure like Map>Equipment Worn>Armor>Helmet Metal Object or Helmet Chain or Armor Leather or... etc).     

PaleKing wrote:
Also - to upload, do I simply right-click and Save As?

Yep. "Save as" or download the zip if an art creator has been kind enough to provide one. Then dump the various art objects in your desired directory. Ensure you only use PNGs. Make sure any folders you create contain a "properties" file to specify the type of art. Look in the default folders to copy properties files.

PaleKing
Henchman
Henchman

Posted: 04/04/2006 at 7:39am | IP Logged Quote PaleKing

So when creating subdirectories in User I should create subdirectories one level under User\Object and one level under User\door etc to house whatever is made available by others here. Should I then simply create a copy of any of the Properties files that are in the other folders and use that? Are all the properties files the same or is it one type for Objects, one type for Cover etc?

Cheers

Edited by PaleKing on 04/04/2006 at 7:49am
Back to Top View PaleKing's Profile Search for other posts by PaleKing

Page of 2 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version