Dundjinni Logo Dundjinni Logo Dundjinni Logo

Forums

Active Topics  :  Memberlist  :  Search  :  Help  :  Register  :  Login
Help Dundjinni! Rate This Website at RPG Gateway

Objects and Textures (Isometric)
 Dundjinni Mapping Software - Forums : Objects and Textures (Isometric)
Subject Topic: Isometric campaign buildings, ruins, town Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
tristan_twksbry
Legend
Legend

Posted: 03/22/2005 at 9:07pm | IP Logged Quote tristan_twksbry

Just to join in the fun...

I have a castle, but it is a backdrop piece and looks a bit odd as an iso iamge. What do you think of this sample?

Back to Top View tristan_twksbry's Profile Search for other posts by tristan_twksbry

Kepli
Djinni (Admin)
Djinni (Admin)

Posted: 03/23/2005 at 12:51am | IP Logged Quote Kepli

Wow, nice work ...

Cecil
Janni (Moderator)
Janni (Moderator)

Posted: 03/23/2005 at 3:54am | IP Logged Quote Cecil

jdale,
   It looks like you've used some material from zippy to make some of your renders.
   When I've discussed posting his material here, he has denied the request.

Sumo
Hero
Hero

Posted: 03/23/2005 at 7:32am | IP Logged Quote Sumo

I have run out of thank you words.

If I got the Victorian Town models that DAZ sell, can I do similar stuff? Does Poser have an Isometric setting?
Back to Top View Sumo's Profile Search for other posts by Sumo

Cecil
Janni (Moderator)
Janni (Moderator)

Posted: 03/23/2005 at 7:35am | IP Logged Quote Cecil

I'm not sure if there is a preset camera angle, but you can certainly use Poser to make isometric mapping objects.

jdale
Legend
Legend

Posted: 03/23/2005 at 7:37am | IP Logged Quote jdale

Hmm, I thought I was safe because I was only posting renders and not the actual models themselves. But if he has said it's not ok... I will figure out which those are and remove them. Sorry!

Other people's comments... these were all Poser-formatted files, none 3DS. If people want to know where the models came from I can look them up.

Encounter-sized objects... I could but all of them would be really big. I'll take specific requests though.

Tristan, nice castle, thanks. The lighting seems like it is coming from the right, so I think I would mirror it. Still useful. Personally, I'm going to shrink everything even more so....

jdale
Legend
Legend

Posted: 03/23/2005 at 7:52am | IP Logged Quote jdale

Ok, the only thing by Zippy was the wooden fort. I have removed it. If you already have it, you have three choices: use it only for non-commercial stuff, delete it, or use it for commercial stuff by meeting his requirement -- which is giving to a charity of your choice.

As you can see if you look at what I've posted, I'm not getting the angle exactly the same every time. (I'm not really even getting the scale exactly right... I think those Mayan buildings are too small now that I look at them again...) I'd love to see some renders of the Victorian town. Get multiple angles or something so it looks like pictures of more than one town!

Cecil
Janni (Moderator)
Janni (Moderator)

Posted: 03/23/2005 at 7:59am | IP Logged Quote Cecil

jdale,
   I have found that if you have purchased the models, you generally own the copyright of what you render from them. (The exception is that you cannot make a flat plane in order to extract an entire texture)
   But you have to be very careful with free models. Some of the folks who made them have no problems with the renders being used for anything--others have serious reservations and are very strict about personal-use only.

I have invited Zippy to come take a look around the site.

jdale
Legend
Legend

Posted: 03/23/2005 at 9:09am | IP Logged Quote jdale

Generally I'm good and read the terms, if they provide any. That one I probably should have thought about longer. I believe the rest are good. (I doublechecked on the towns, phew! Those are safe.)

Hurltim
Legend
Legend

Posted: 03/23/2005 at 10:28am | IP Logged Quote Hurltim

I think if you re-texture the objects, you are O.K. in most cases. If you purchase professional models or textures, you can use them any way you want as long as it cannot be "pulled" from the picture. I.E., posting the actual model and textures. I find it odd that free stuff would have tighter restrictions than paid for models.

"Kepli."--Darkness
Back to Top View Hurltim's Profile Search for other posts by Hurltim

<< Prev Page of 5 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version