Dundjinni Mapping Software - Forums : Bugs
Subject Topic: Dungeon Program Art Missing Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Caliboon
Wandering Monster
Wandering Monster

Posted: 04/09/2005 at 11:37am | IP Logged Quote Caliboon

I just purchased Dundjinni after trying the demo. I uninstalled the demo, removed any versions of Java other than 1.5 I had on my pc and installed the program along with the Classic Dungeon, Campaign, Animals, Castle-Temple-Village, and Reaper Warlords art packs. When I started Dundjinni, I didn't have any of the Dungeon (all types), Wild (all types), Token Character, or Token Monster artwork showing. I can select the items from the dropdown and see names for the items (except for the tokens) but the preview doesn't work. When I create a new map and try to stamp the items on the map they don't show up either.

Since the tokens don't show names either I suspected that the problem was with the Reaper Warlords tokens so I uninstalled Dundjinni, re-ran the installation and I still have the same problem.

Has anyone else run into the same problem? I tried re-installing the art packs several times as suggested in another thread and had the same problem.
Back to Top View Caliboon's Profile Search for other posts by Caliboon

jdale
Legend
Legend

Posted: 04/09/2005 at 2:07pm | IP Logged Quote jdale

Tokens never show up in the pick list. You have to stamp down the generic character or monster token, then change it's properties.

The other part... someone else will have to field that, you covered the basics already. They'll probably want to know what your operating system is and how much memory you have.

Caliboon
Wandering Monster
Wandering Monster

Posted: 04/09/2005 at 2:51pm | IP Logged Quote Caliboon

Thanks for the info. I just tried stamping a token and there's nothing to edit the properties of. It's not working like the room tokens where I get the box and can edit the properties.

Just to make things easier for the techs, I'm on Windows XP Pro SP2 with 2 Gig RAM, nVidia GeForce 6800 Ultra video, P4 3GHz w/Hyper-threading and as I said before Java 1.5.

Caliboon
Wandering Monster
Wandering Monster

Posted: 04/09/2005 at 9:52pm | IP Logged Quote Caliboon

I think I may have found the culprit. I have another PC that's very similar but it has Java 1.4.2_06 and not 1.5 installed. It looks like it doesn't like Java 1.5. If I can find the install for that version, I'll see if that fixes the problem on the other PC.

Caliboon
Hireling
Hireling

Posted: 04/10/2005 at 12:12am | IP Logged Quote Caliboon

I think I found a work around for the problem but I don't think everyone will be able to solve the problem the same way. What I did was compared the installs between the two PCs and I found that the files (*.djx and a few others) were different between the two installs. I copied the files over from the other PC and now I can see the textures. It seems that there's something in the install program that failed and not the application itself.

I'm hoping that this helps the technical support group in case someone else runs into the problem. If it's the Java version then this is probably going to pop up again as Sun wouldn't let me download any version of Java other than 1.5.2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version