Subject Topic: Large-sized map printouts... Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Althrim
Hero
Hero

Posted: 05/08/2007 at 12:24pm | IP Logged Quote Althrim

Tintagel,

Awesome map, but much larger in size than any plotter I've ever heard of. If you can disect it down to smaller parts (one side must be smaller than 54"), then I can print it for you, but each printout will be $12.

At first glance, it looks like it could cut down to three long images not more than 54 squares wide along lines North to South, though this will likely slice up the large temple area on the north end. I've done large maps like this before for my own games, and found it is best to try to print off complete sections of rooms rather than just slicing it up geometrically. You always end up with piecemeal rooms on the latter.

Let me know what you decide.

Althrim
Hero
Hero

Posted: 05/08/2007 at 12:26pm | IP Logged Quote Althrim

The above statements are all made under the assumption that you want the map at 1"=5' scale. If you just want a nice big color printout and aren't concerned about scale, I can do that quite easily.

tintagel
Legend
Legend

Posted: 05/08/2007 at 3:48pm | IP Logged Quote tintagel

Actually, that's exactly what I want. Please print it at the largest size you can, but don't worry about getting it to 1" = 5ft scale. That would be 1/2 inch squares and only 35 x 45 inches.   

Thanks!

Edited by tintagel on 05/08/2007 at 3:49pm

Althrim
Hero
Hero

Posted: 05/09/2007 at 6:15am | IP Logged Quote Althrim

Please contact me by email at althrim@hotmail.com if you would like a map printed out.

Althrim
Hero
Hero

Posted: 05/09/2007 at 6:16am | IP Logged Quote Althrim

Tintagel,

Please email me your mailing address so I can ship it to you when it's done.

Also, since the 35x45 size is outside of the 32x40 max for $12 printouts, the price will be $20 via Paypal.

Thanks.

Althrim
Hero
Hero

Posted: 09/18/2007 at 6:32am | IP Logged Quote Althrim

Okay, DJ fans...here's an update on my services for printing your works of art on a high-quality color plotter.

Any map up to 32"x40" is $10, including shipping.

Maps larger than that, up to 48" on it's shortest side, are $15.

I can also laminate any map up to 24" on it's shortest side for an additional $3.

Send the finished map as a zipped .jpg, .png, or .bmp to althrim(at)hotmail.com. Please send payment via PayPal to the same address.

I've been doing a lot of printouts lately, and the new plotters and paper create an awesome finished product.

taran
Henchman
Henchman

Posted: 12/26/2007 at 1:28pm | IP Logged Quote taran

This offer still good?
Back to Top View taran's Profile Search for other posts by taran

Althrim
Hero
Hero

Posted: 01/14/2008 at 6:10pm | IP Logged Quote Althrim

Yes, I'm still printing maps. The above details are correct.

neopavlik
Henchman
Henchman

Posted: 03/03/2008 at 7:45am | IP Logged Quote neopavlik

I'm interested in printing maps sized 24x36 and 36x36 that has a 1.5 inch grid.

-How much would it cost to print the 24x36, 36x36 ?

-It looks like lamination is available for the 24x36 but not the 36x36, correct ?

-Double-sided printing; has it been done, does it look ok and not bleed to the other side ?

Back to Top View neopavlik's Profile Search for other posts by neopavlik

Althrim
Hero
Hero

Posted: 03/03/2008 at 2:58pm | IP Logged Quote Althrim

If by 24x36, you mean 24 squares by 36 squares at 1.5" each square, the final product is 36"x54", which is $15. The 36 sq. x 36 sq. map comes out 54"x54", which is something I can print, but the tube size gets much bigger and they aren't cheap (USPS provides free tubes up to 36" long). For printouts larget than 36" on their shortest side, I have to add $5 to cover the tube. So, the 36 sq. x 36 sq. map would be $20.

Lamination is only up to 24" wide (finished product). If you're needing 1.5" squares for your map, then nothing more than 16 squares wide can be laminated.

No double-sided printing is available due to the fact that the plotter won't take a sheet-feed nor print on both sides simultaneously.

<< Prev Page of 13 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version