Dundjinni Mapping Software - Forums : Maps
Subject Topic: Large-sized map printouts... Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Althrim
Hero
Hero

Posted: 07/08/2005 at 8:04am | IP Logged Quote Althrim

Lingster... so, let me get this straight...you've got 3 full-canvas maps that are intended to be one large map? My suggestion is to find a way to join them as one .jpg and then send them. If the end-result file size is over 10MB, you can send the file to my gmail account (althrim@gmail.com).

If I'm misunderstanding what you're going for, let me know. What's throwing me is the comment "battlemap sized". Maybe it's a semantics thing. The end result of all my printouts is one large map that has 1" squares (if the DJ grid is visible) so that it is "battlemap sized", just not limited to a standard sheet of paper.

lingster
Legend
Legend

Posted: 07/08/2005 at 9:34am | IP Logged Quote lingster

They are 3 full sized canvas maps. They have been designed to be played together OR seperated.

The full map will be very cool. I've got one section already done and the second real close to being finished. I had to export them into BMP at 150 pixels (my pc isn't quite powerful enough to handle 200, and it still looks quite good) I've changed them to PNG but can easilly change them to jpg. I'll let you know when I finish the three maps. it could be a bit still. Hope you are still doing them by then... :)

http://johnnylingster@blogspot.com
Back to Top View lingster's Profile Search for other posts by lingster Visit lingster's Homepage

Althrim
Hero
Hero

Posted: 07/08/2005 at 1:11pm | IP Logged Quote Althrim

.png will work fine, especially if it helps keep some resolution.

Zerbyte
Hireling
Hireling

Posted: 07/21/2005 at 7:41pm | IP Logged Quote Zerbyte

Are you still doing this Althrim? I just started learning how to use the program but very interested in this for the future if you will keep it up awhile. Would pay cost and all of course.
Would sure be cool playing a rifts game with a modern printed out map :)
Back to Top View Zerbyte's Profile Search for other posts by Zerbyte

lingster
Legend
Legend

Posted: 07/24/2005 at 6:09am | IP Logged Quote lingster

I'm waiting to hear back from him. I've got a couple maps to be done... :)

Back to Top View lingster's Profile Search for other posts by lingster Visit lingster's Homepage

Althrim
Hero
Hero

Posted: 07/27/2005 at 11:22am | IP Logged Quote Althrim

I'm alive...just been busy at work and haven't checked the boards in a while. Yes, Zerbyte, I'm still "in business". And I replied to your email Lingster. I don't check my gmail all that often, so that's why it took me almost a week.

lingster
Legend
Legend

Posted: 08/04/2005 at 1:40pm | IP Logged Quote lingster

Here's another question for you:

I've been "collecting" maps to get printed. Would I be able to combine them onto a CD and then mail the CD to you to be printed?

So far, I've got 6, soon to be 7 maps. Each one is roughly 6-8 meg zipped. (hence the question about zipping and burning)

benwax
Legend
Legend

Posted: 08/04/2005 at 7:14pm | IP Logged Quote benwax

Hey Althrim,

As I was your first "victim" I thought I'd just let the boards know....YOUR MAP ROCKED!!!!

the huge battlemap of the Lair of Mummy Dragon blew my group away. Couldn't believe their eyes.

Then the dying started, and they had other things on their mind....like a mummy dragon immune to fire.

Well done, and to the group...well worth every penny!

BenWAx
Back to Top View benwax's Profile Search for other posts by benwax

Althrim
Hero
Hero

Posted: 08/05/2005 at 7:58am | IP Logged Quote Althrim

You can mail the CD to me if you're really wanting to, but it would be faster to just e-mail them to my gmail account (althrim (a) gmail.com), which will accept attachments of that size...actually, my hotmail account will, also. I just printed out 12 maps for one of the folks here and he emailed all of them to me individually to both accounts just to be safe.

Benwax...hey man, as my "first", you'll always have a special place in my heart... ok, wow, that came out wrong....

lingster
Legend
Legend

Posted: 08/07/2005 at 5:38am | IP Logged Quote lingster

I would e-mail them, but the service I have for e-mail doesn't allow anything over 4 meg. I suppose I could create a "g-mail" account just for this... :)

<< Prev Page of 13 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version