Dundjinni Mapping Software - Forums : Adventures
Subject Topic: Adventure Writing Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Amaril
Hero
Hero

Posted: 11/22/2005 at 12:19pm | IP Logged Quote Amaril

Does anyone still use Dundjinni for writing adventures? Just curious. I always see it praised for it's ability to create maps, but no one ever mentions the adventure writing tools.
Back to Top View Amaril's Profile Search for other posts by Amaril Visit Amaril's Homepage

Eric of Ptolus
Legend
Legend

Posted: 12/29/2005 at 2:53pm | IP Logged Quote Eric of Ptolus

I found the entry mechanisms cumbersome ... and the final HTML output tiresome to edit by hand in order to make it "just right". I found myself cutting out a lot of the fluff (okay, okay, contains 8 crates and 4 broken chairs. I got it!).

I would agree with your assertion that map creation is the product's strong suit. The adventure generating aspect feels to me like it was put together at the last minute ... without considering the usability of the interface. Of course, I haven't used it for over a year, these days I use it to create battlemaps for modules and adventures I purchased and am running.
Back to Top View Eric of Ptolus's Profile Search for other posts by Eric of Ptolus Visit Eric of Ptolus's Homepage

Kalex the Omen
Legend
Legend

Posted: 12/29/2005 at 3:41pm | IP Logged Quote Kalex the Omen

I use it exclusively to write my D&D adventures. I think it is great. A couple of things would make it better of course like multiple maps in one adventure and better looking output (I'm kind of anal about these things and would like it to look just like a WotC printed adventure), but overall I am very happy with the adventure feature.

Kalex the Omen
Back to Top View Kalex the Omen's Profile Search for other posts by Kalex the Omen Visit Kalex the Omen's Homepage

dalost1
Legend
Legend

Posted: 12/30/2005 at 5:25am | IP Logged Quote dalost1

It was my original reason to purchase the program was to be able to write my adventures within the program. I might try to make them a bit more intuitive for the input of adventures, but otherwise, yeah. I use it. Just never find an adventure FINISHED to my satisfaction to post it here. (Plus would hate to ruin surprises for the players.)
Back to Top View dalost1's Profile Search for other posts by dalost1

heruca
Janni (Moderator)
Janni (Moderator)

Posted: 01/03/2006 at 7:40pm | IP Logged Quote heruca

You could always post your adventure AFTER your players have gone
through it...

I'd be curious to see how people are putting the adventure-creation part of
DJ to use.

cmanos
Henchman
Henchman

Posted: 02/24/2006 at 8:31am | IP Logged Quote cmanos

I am just starting to work with DJ as an adventure writing tool. Haven't finished an adventure and haven't printed out a copy so I don't know what to expect when I do get it done. I'm currently on a sifetrack, learning how to use The GIMP so I can make things that I need for the adventure.
Back to Top View cmanos's Profile Search for other posts by cmanos

deckyon
Hireling
Hireling

Posted: 03/08/2006 at 6:38am | IP Logged Quote deckyon

I have tried using it to do my adventures, but also fond it a bit tiresome. I now use it exclusively to make maps only, and Fantasy Grounds to create the adventure for online play. Word and PDF are still my output of choice for paper copies. I guess it is just not very intuitive when it comes to setting everything up for a full adventure, and with only useing one map, it is pretty limiting.
Back to Top View deckyon's Profile Search for other posts by deckyon

johnpaulstoddar
Legend
Legend

Posted: 03/08/2006 at 9:15am | IP Logged Quote johnpaulstoddar

I used it some but find it bulky to use. Plus I don't like how the pages break sometimes.

I use MyInfo to track adventure information. Not a Commercial Adventure/Modual Writter

"SHADOWS...We Don't Need no Shadows...Light Light Everywhere.."
"Without Light, there can be no shadows...do not fear the light, come towards the light away from the shadows."
Back to Top View johnpaulstoddar's Profile Search for other posts by johnpaulstoddar

Kepli
Djinni (Admin)
Djinni (Admin)

Posted: 03/08/2006 at 9:17am | IP Logged Quote Kepli

Same here Deckyon ... I also use Word and Fantasy Grounds to create adventures.

Wurm
Legend
Legend

Posted: 03/19/2006 at 12:43pm | IP Logged Quote Wurm

I use OneNote to keep track of the random bits of information that I might one day include in an adventure. Additionally, OneNote makes it easy to maintain continuity in the overall campaign that I'm putting together for my PCs.

I make heavy use of the adventure writing portions of Dundjinni to document the adventure itself. While I occasionally find myself editing the html, I mostly only use it for myself, so I'm not all that concerned about how it looks. I write comments on the adventure during the gaming session, then transcribe those comments back into my OneNote campaign note.

Some things I'd like to see in future versions of Dundjinni (related to the adventure writing):
  • Ability to tie in more maps to one printed/pdf'd output.
  • Tie css file to document output while it is being created (minimizes selection of fonts)

I'd also like to be able to add Iron Heroes interactive zones to my maps. I think the underlying code mechanics are there, but would need tokens and the support in the adventure part to allow these to be included.
Back to Top View Wurm's Profile Search for other posts by Wurm

Page of 6 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version