Subject Topic: *** Wish List *** - NEW Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Amarkys
Legend
Legend

Posted: 11/29/2006 at 7:10am | IP Logged Quote Amarkys

French version ?
Back to Top View Amarkys's Profile Search for other posts by Amarkys Visit Amarkys's Homepage

weepingminotaur
Henchman
Henchman

Posted: 12/26/2006 at 10:33am | IP Logged Quote weepingminotaur

My DJ wish list:

1. A feathering tool. This is huge for me and would save a ton of time
working on maps on my (old) copy of Photoshop which can only run on
my (old and slow) laptop.

2. A more robust and full-featured text tool. I'd like to be able to adjust
tracking, kerning, etc.

3. Faster load times for objects. For large objects, there's often a long
wait just to load the 'thumbnail' list, and that's a bit of a drag.

4. The ability to save work paths. It's frustrating to lose your carefully
selected marquee path because of an untimely click here or there.

5. Dodge, sponge, and burn tools.

6. DJ really should remember save directories and such.

7. A consolidated Prefs dialog.

8. A full set of monster tokens included with the product.

9. A refresh button so you don't have to restart the app every time you
add new objects.

10. A larger collection of textures, objects, etc.
Back to Top View weepingminotaur's Profile Search for other posts by weepingminotaur

Darkness
Janni (Moderator)
Janni (Moderator)

Posted: 12/26/2006 at 12:16pm | IP Logged Quote Darkness

Very Good Suggestions..
Back to Top View Darkness's Profile Search for other posts by Darkness

Kepli
Djinni (Admin)
Djinni (Admin)

Posted: 12/27/2006 at 4:01am | IP Logged Quote Kepli

weepingminotaur wrote:
My DJ wish list:

1. A feathering tool. This is huge for me and would save a ton of time
working on maps on my (old) copy of Photoshop which can only run on
my (old and slow) laptop.

2. A more robust and full-featured text tool. I'd like to be able to adjust
tracking, kerning, etc.

3. Faster load times for objects. For large objects, there's often a long
wait just to load the 'thumbnail' list, and that's a bit of a drag.

4. The ability to save work paths. It's frustrating to lose your carefully
selected marquee path because of an untimely click here or there.

5. Dodge, sponge, and burn tools.

6. DJ really should remember save directories and such.

7. A consolidated Prefs dialog.

8. A full set of monster tokens included with the product.

9. A refresh button so you don't have to restart the app every time you
add new objects.

10. A larger collection of textures, objects, etc.

Excellent weepingminotaur
Most of your suggestions are already on the feature request list and I will add the others

Keep them coming people ... even your description of an already existing feature request may help make that feature even better.

Kalex the Omen
Legend
Legend

Posted: 12/27/2006 at 6:53am | IP Logged Quote Kalex the Omen

As I said in the Adventure Writing thread the features I am most interested in seeing expanded are on the Adventure Writing side of things. I'm not too excited about shading and things such as living creatures that in my opinion "change" on a map during the course of play (due to party light sources, spell effects, etc.).

I think from an Adventure prespective we need multiple maps in a single adventure and the ability to link maps. I would love to see expanded import functionality for many of the character and monster creation utilities out there (eTools, RPGXplorer, DM Genie, PCGen). Updated stat block output to Adventures to match the current WotC/Paizo standard, and I would love to see a professional looking stylesheet that imitates, if not duplicates the look of WotC/Dungeon Magazine adventures. I also think that with WotC pushing an integration of RPG and Miniatures rules it would be good to have the ability to create the "zones" used on miniatures maps (I think someone else suggested this as an extension of the Tokens/Room Numbers objects and I agree). I think the settings for Adventures should be all located in one place so that setting the font should be carried through all dialogs in that adventure unless changed specifically in a particular room or area.

From a sharing standpoint I think sharing should be made easier. HERO Games HERO Designer software now includes the binary for character portraits right in the character file, so when the character is transferred to a different computer the character portrait is there. I think Dundjinni should impliment this sort of solution (or something with the same net effect) in DJA files for non-DJX artwork. With internet connection speeds being what they are these days I can't see many people complaining about having to download a several MB file if it is useable immediately. If this kind of file format wreaks havok within Dundjinni causing slowness or other problems then I think there should be a different export format that does include the artwork.

Sorry if this rambles a bit, but I think that covers everything. If I think of anything else you can be sure I'll post it here.

Regards,
Kalex the Omen

Back to Top View Kalex the Omen's Profile Search for other posts by Kalex the Omen Visit Kalex the Omen's Homepage

Kalex the Omen
Legend
Legend

Posted: 12/27/2006 at 7:03am | IP Logged Quote Kalex the Omen

Oh...and from a non-program, artwork point of view I would love to see official artpacks released with much more frequency. I for one don't have a problem with spending what a current art pack costs, every couple of months (or even monthly) to get quality, integrated official artpacks.

Also seeing artpacks for certain licensed settings (Star Wars, Star Trek, LotR, Babylon 5, Firefly, Battlestar Galactica, etc.) that have the distinctive "look and feel" of those settings for people who are trying to duplicate something that specific.

Edited by Kalex the Omen on 12/27/2006 at 7:03am

Back to Top View Kalex the Omen's Profile Search for other posts by Kalex the Omen Visit Kalex the Omen's Homepage

Kepli
Djinni (Admin)
Djinni (Admin)

Posted: 12/27/2006 at 8:38am | IP Logged Quote Kepli

Excellent suggestions Kalex
I think you will see more official art-packs, but I don't know what frequency we will be able to achieve. Making specific settings art-packs is also a great suggestion

Keen
Henchman
Henchman

Posted: 12/27/2006 at 12:04pm | IP Logged Quote Keen

Perhaps a separate EXE that is made for the running of a game rather than the design work and this program would be smaller and faster allowing you to display maps move tokens zoom to individual rooms and even bring up your flavour text. Even include standard area of effect templates which would let you tell which characters are affected.

Best if it even supports a duplicate map window so you could hook up two monitors one at the end of the table just for showing the players maps and your monitor facing you also showing the map and other text and info the players donít need.

I have that kind of a setup now and I have been using created JPG maps to display on the second monitor but itís a bit of a pain making sure itís actually viewable on that second monitor hehe
Back to Top View Keen's Profile Search for other posts by Keen

Darkness
Janni (Moderator)
Janni (Moderator)

Posted: 12/27/2006 at 12:16pm | IP Logged Quote Darkness

Kalex the Omen wrote:
As I said in the Adventure Writing thread the features I am most interested in seeing expanded are on the Adventure Writing side of things. I'm not too excited about shading and things such as living creatures that in my opinion "change" on a map during the course of play (due to party light sources, spell effects, etc.).

I think from an Adventure prespective we need multiple maps in a single adventure and the ability to link maps. I would love to see expanded import functionality for many of the character and monster creation utilities out there (eTools, RPGXplorer, DM Genie, PCGen). Updated stat block output to Adventures to match the current WotC/Paizo standard, and I would love to see a professional looking stylesheet that imitates, if not duplicates the look of WotC/Dungeon Magazine adventures. I also think that with WotC pushing an integration of RPG and Miniatures rules it would be good to have the ability to create the "zones" used on miniatures maps (I think someone else suggested this as an extension of the Tokens/Room Numbers objects and I agree). I think the settings for Adventures should be all located in one place so that setting the font should be carried through all dialogs in that adventure unless changed specifically in a particular room or area.

From a sharing standpoint I think sharing should be made easier. HERO Games HERO Designer software now includes the binary for character portraits right in the character file, so when the character is transferred to a different computer the character portrait is there. I think Dundjinni should impliment this sort of solution (or something with the same net effect) in DJA files for non-DJX artwork. With internet connection speeds being what they are these days I can't see many people complaining about having to download a several MB file if it is useable immediately. If this kind of file format wreaks havok within Dundjinni causing slowness or other problems then I think there should be a different export format that does include the artwork.

Sorry if this rambles a bit, but I think that covers everything. If I think of anything else you can be sure I'll post it here.

Regards,
Kalex the Omen

I agree with Kalex. I also think it would be better if the adventure writting portion is done as a supplement or add-on package, that way it would and could do more and be specifically designed to handle the adventure writting.
With it incorporated into the maping program I think it is treated as an afterthought.

Edited by Darkness on 12/27/2006 at 12:17pm
Back to Top View Darkness's Profile Search for other posts by Darkness

Kepli
Djinni (Admin)
Djinni (Admin)

Posted: 12/27/2006 at 1:03pm | IP Logged Quote Kepli

Keen wrote:
Perhaps a separate EXE that is made for the running of a game rather than the design work and this program would be smaller and faster allowing you to display maps move tokens zoom to individual rooms and even bring up your flavour text. Even include standard area of effect templates which would let you tell which characters are affected.

Best if it even supports a duplicate map window so you could hook up two monitors one at the end of the table just for showing the players maps and your monitor facing you also showing the map and other text and info the players donít need.

I have that kind of a setup now and I have been using created JPG maps to display on the second monitor but itís a bit of a pain making sure itís actually viewable on that second monitor hehe

That would make it a Virtual Tabletop and DJ is a mapping program. What you describe sounds like what Battlegrounds, Fantasy Grounds, MapTools, KloogeWerks, etc. do ...

<< Prev Page of 14 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version