Posted: 02/02/2007 at 11:23am | IP Logged Quote heruca

Welcome to the forums, Draxxon.

I would think that the extented sequential tagging would be a relatively
simple thing to implement.

Dragonsblood
Hireling
Hireling

Posted: 02/09/2007 at 5:31pm | IP Logged Quote Dragonsblood

I bought the program primarily for Shadowrun, so I'd love some more artwork appropriate for that. So far I have the modern pack and some of the custom stuff here, but this is a wish list, so... :)

I'd also like to echo the request for landscape mode, canvas sizing, and a Photoshop style layer system. Really just hybrid this program with Photoshop tools as much as possible if you can.

Edited by Dragonsblood on 02/09/2007 at 5:34pm
Back to Top View Dragonsblood's Profile Search for other posts by Dragonsblood

Kepli
Djinni (Admin)
Djinni (Admin)

Posted: 02/10/2007 at 5:14am | IP Logged Quote Kepli

Canvas resizing and better layering are two important features of DJ 2.0

Myst Ranger
Legend
Legend

Posted: 02/11/2007 at 5:14am | IP Logged Quote Myst Ranger

Someone's probably already requested this, but if I don't post it now, I'll forget!

One thing that bugs me is that the toolbar/pallets with drawing tools and items don't snap into place. Maybe we could have an option to snap or not to snap...

Then you realise that Captain Damian Halfhelm doesn't know the answer. And neither do you.
Back to Top View Myst Ranger's Profile Search for other posts by Myst Ranger Visit Myst Ranger's Homepage

SteveSoCal
Henchman
Henchman

Posted: 03/05/2007 at 4:03pm | IP Logged Quote SteveSoCal

I know it was mentioned but I would like to repeat for emphasis:

1) Multiple maps for a single adventure: With only one map we can make only the simplest of adventures. Either allow multiple maps per adventure, or allow multiple files to be combined at print time into a single output, ordering them sequentially by room keys

And yes, i would pay for an adventure module add-on if it worked (mutiple maps, the same map twice (DM and player version) more customizable output formats, etc) and integrated well with DJ (have a button in the toolbar to "launch DJ Adventure with current map loaded")

2) ability not only have custom map sizes, which has been repeated over and over.. but the ability to start with a large map and then crop it later after I am done. I dont always know how much room I need when starting a project. resizing the canvas on the fly is vital

thanks,

-Steve
Back to Top View SteveSoCal's Profile Search for other posts by SteveSoCal

Myst Ranger
Legend
Legend

Posted: 03/05/2007 at 7:38pm | IP Logged Quote Myst Ranger

Oohoohoohhh! I get a tingly feeling just thinking about all this! Looking forward to some new wicked features...

Then you realise that Captain Damian Halfhelm doesn't know the answer. And neither do you.
Back to Top View Myst Ranger's Profile Search for other posts by Myst Ranger Visit Myst Ranger's Homepage

Drolath
Hireling
Hireling

Posted: 03/08/2007 at 4:24pm | IP Logged Quote Drolath

A couple of things I would really like to see is;
A) A crop tool, or a way to resize the map.
B) a way to export the map at battlemap size to jpg, or png, or bmp,
or psd... ect...ect...
C) I would like to have the option to create the map at battlemap
size, the maps don't do me much good if I can't print them at the
right size, and DJ doesn't seem to support large format printing,
besides which I tend to tweak in photoshop anyway.
Other than that I really like the program so far.
Back to Top View Drolath's Profile Search for other posts by Drolath

Wurm
Legend
Legend

Posted: 03/08/2007 at 7:09pm | IP Logged Quote Wurm

Is there any timeline yet for Dundjinni 2.0? Feature list? There are lots of good ideas in the last 6 pages, but it'd be nice to see what the developers think.

Kepli asked a question about an add-on module for Adventure writing. As I've stated in other threads, the adventure writing part of DJ is pretty important to me. I think it's a pretty innovative part of the overall program, and I'd prefer that it not be developed as an afterthought, or second priority. That's my wish, but I realize others are very interested in adding more graphics program capabilities to DJ.

My own thinking is that there are plenty of low or no cost graphics programs (Gimp and Paint.net as examples), but far fewer high quality DM aids that combine scale map making with adventure writing. Perhaps the niche that DJ might want to consider filling is this latter category rather than attempting to "compete" in the area of graphics processing. One thought I had was that a way to allow DJ to focus on the mixture of good scale map making with adventure writing is to expose an interface to the graphics portion of the program so that the talented folks here could write plugins or even use Photoshop or Paint.net plugins to do the more extensive graphics processing some folks have requested.

However, if the only way to get a good, robust, flexible adventure writing module that can include multiple maps, uses interactive zones, can output in the current WoTC encounter area format (or Talismyr, or the Dungeon Mag style, etc), includes a way to modify the style sheet through a central dialog/wizard, and prints to a pdf document (for a few of the things I'm looking for) is to pay for a separate module, I'd probably do it, but I also would wait until the adventure writing module is done before I'd buy the full program. I'm (mostly or usually) satisfied with the map making I currently have in DJ, but I'm very excited about what might be done on the adventure side.

My $.02, thanks for reading.
Back to Top View Wurm's Profile Search for other posts by Wurm

WayneFrancis
Janni (Moderator)
Janni (Moderator)

Posted: 03/08/2007 at 8:49pm | IP Logged Quote WayneFrancis

From post I've read the adventure stuff isn't an after thought. It sounds like a staged development.

IE they'll get the features everyone will use out first then continue developing the features that make DJ even more unique that not everyone uses.

It would be hard to say that the mapping capability of DJ isn't the most important feature as it is the core that everyone uses.

I'm eager to see what adventure features they are planning on but with proper design it will be easy for the devs to put out DJ v2 with the graphics capability then continue with other features without headaches because they where thought of what they want before they started. Also properly designing an application can aid in adding in new features that you didn't think of if you design them right. Think plugins.

If you look around you'll see a few posts from DJ people that give a glimps into what DJ2 feature set we can expect.
Back to Top View WayneFrancis's Profile Search for other posts by WayneFrancis

Kepli
Djinni (Admin)
Djinni (Admin)

Posted: 03/08/2007 at 11:40pm | IP Logged Quote Kepli

I also think the adventure part is important, but it will have to be upgraded a lot. Things like multiple maps, easier style sheet development, more flexibility, etc. are needed to keep the product interesting. The combination of DJ 2 and an Adventure module would be a great way to get you adventures done in just one application.
I already have several ideas to take it even further

<< Prev Page of 14 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version