Dundjinni Mapping Software - Forums : Feedback
Subject Topic: *** Wish List *** - NEW Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
JMeitzen01
Henchman
Henchman

Posted: 11/21/2009 at 5:15am | IP Logged Quote JMeitzen01

I have been using DJ for about a year now, just registered and this is my first posting. I have witnessed and utilized alot of good art work here.

Seeing as it has been nearly 4 years since the inception of this thread and any other initial discussion of DJ2, that the new version(much like anything that was promised with D&D 4e release) has been scrubbed. Can't really find anything to lead me to any other conclusion.

D20pro is pimping Dundjinni as well as a few other sites to grab artwork for their mapping program that is built into the VTT. I like both programs but D20pros mapping is severely limited in that you can not select something that you tile on the map, nor can you rotate it or delete it(problems DJ does not possess); but DJ is excruciatingly limited to the size of the map that you can create(a problem that D20pro does not have). When I tried to import a map from DJ, nope can't do it, however I was able to create a new map from the exported files that I have made. But that shows the entire area not just the created map.

If in fact you have scrubbed the DJ2 idea, can you please at least work on upgrading the raw map size in DJ that we can use. Other problems that we need you fix are the pixel shift when setting things onto the map, walls are not true 5x5 and we have to erase just the right amount in order to make it so and we could really use layers or at the very least more shading options like rounded or curved.

Thank you for your time and any information you may have to offer.

Back to Top View JMeitzen01's Profile Search for other posts by JMeitzen01

danielpryor
Legend
Legend

Posted: 11/21/2009 at 5:48am | IP Logged Quote danielpryor

I still say VERY LOUDLY that the biggest issue with DJ is the map size. Once that hurdle is jumped, I seriously have no other issues with the program.
Back to Top View danielpryor's Profile Search for other posts by danielpryor Visit danielpryor's Homepage

harneloot
Henchman
Henchman

Posted: 11/22/2009 at 9:53am | IP Logged Quote harneloot

I'd love to beleive that dundjinni is not dead, but wouldn't that be just foolish wishful thinking?

How can such an incredibly useful program be left for dead? How can it not be updated to fix map size probelm?

Back to Top View harneloot's Profile Search for other posts by harneloot

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 14
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version