Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Darkness
Janni (Moderator)
Janni (Moderator)

Posted: 01/16/2008 at 6:09pm | IP Logged Quote Darkness

Cisticola wrote:
Might as well introduce myself.

I am a Consultant Ecologist. Which basically means I stop the nasty developers from destroying wildife, and make sure it is protected and their habitats are enhanced (I apologise if any of you are nasty developers). It is a very fulfilling occupation which is very rewarding. It is also nice to get paid for something you also enjoy.

I have recently started playing RPGs again and now running my own campaigns.

So your the guy who is responsible for me having to design a Turtle Tunnel on my current project. We had a hard time deciding if it would be two lane or four lane.
Back to Top View Darkness's Profile Search for other posts by Darkness

Suddry
Henchman
Henchman

Posted: 01/16/2008 at 7:29pm | IP Logged Quote Suddry

Not many posts here but years of lurking.   

Secondary school teacher here up in the Great White North just outside of Toronto. I teach math and computers.

When I am not teaching, marking, planning lessons, running the Robotics team, or raising the family I am lurking here in awe of the talent and patiently learning from the map-masters and waiting for the Java Vista patch so I can actually get the mapping skills upgraded.

Well met.
Back to Top View Suddry's Profile Search for other posts by Suddry

mercutio
Legend
Legend

Posted: 02/03/2008 at 10:19am | IP Logged Quote mercutio

Was an officer in the US Navy for 6 years. Been a substitute teacher at a high school for the last 8 months while finishing up my Creative Writing Master of Fine Arts Degree. I am working on my poetry thesis and hope to be done during the next fall semester.
Back to Top View mercutio's Profile Search for other posts by mercutio

Carnifex
Henchman
Henchman

Posted: 02/15/2008 at 4:06am | IP Logged Quote Carnifex

All new here but have lurking in the objects forum for a few days (great stuff there!). Hope to contribute within a week.

I'm from Sweden and work as a freelance teacher in Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator. I also freelance as a graphic designer. Worked 12 years with prepress and graphic design (10 years full time).

Edit: Been playing RPG's for more than 25 years now and still does.

Edited by Carnifex on 02/15/2008 at 6:28am

Kepli
Dundjinni Master (Admin)
Dundjinni Master (Admin)

Posted: 02/15/2008 at 4:22am | IP Logged Quote Kepli

Welcome aboard Carnifex

I bet you could give us some cool PS tips for making our art pieces

Looking forward to your contributions

heruca
Janni (Moderator)
Janni (Moderator)

Posted: 02/15/2008 at 4:50am | IP Logged Quote heruca

Welcome, Carnifex.

aegean
Legend
Legend

Posted: 02/15/2008 at 5:16am | IP Logged Quote aegean

Welcome on board Carnifex

I agree with Kepli there is a thread for tips

KalienElvor
Henchman
Henchman

Posted: 02/25/2008 at 11:20pm | IP Logged Quote KalienElvor

Drgnftr wrote:

Ohh and Kalien congrats on the Daddy thing, been there done that!

Thanks and yes at 38 years old it was about time :)
Back to Top View KalienElvor's Profile Search for other posts by KalienElvor

ruined
Henchman
Henchman

Posted: 03/09/2008 at 9:21am | IP Logged Quote ruined

I guess it's time for me to hit the Social Lounge.

I'm a web developer for a company working in the college textbook industry. Much more coding than graphic design, but the company did recently foot the bill for my new copy of Photoshop so I'm not complaining.   

I'm the guy with the crazy projector setup for gaming.

At last count, I started gaming 25 years ago. And my wife has me beaten on that record by a year or two. I'm a lucky guy.
Back to Top View ruined's Profile Search for other posts by ruined

Uncle_Servo
Hero
Hero

Posted: 04/15/2008 at 1:09pm | IP Logged Quote Uncle_Servo

Might as well sign in here too...

I currently work at the library here at Samford University (secretary/building coordinator), with a lot of my work going towards our annual Institute for Genealogy and Historical Research (IGHR). I've also been a print media manager/graphic artist, video game merchandiser (it was the best way I could describe it for my appearance on Jeopardy! back in 2006), comic book colorist, and radio DJ.

I have one child, a 5-year-old son who has recently discovered the joys of Star Wars geekdom...

I have roughly 20 years of gaming under my belt (mainly Palladium-system RPGs), not as many as ruined unfortunately but I think I still have a few more left in me.   
Back to Top View Uncle_Servo's Profile Search for other posts by Uncle_Servo

dDemonicAngels
Janni (Moderator)
Janni (Moderator)

Posted: 04/15/2008 at 1:49pm | IP Logged Quote dDemonicAngels

ruined wrote:

At last count, I started gaming 25 years ago. And my wife has me beaten on that record by a year or two. I'm a lucky guy.

I remember seeing your setup pics elsewhere and being so jealous. And I guess your wife would have to be a gamer to let you set it up permanentyly like that.

Great stuff.

dDA
Back to Top View dDemonicAngels's Profile Search for other posts by dDemonicAngels

dDemonicAngels
Janni (Moderator)
Janni (Moderator)

Posted: 04/15/2008 at 1:59pm | IP Logged Quote dDemonicAngels

Uncle_Servo wrote:
Might as well sign in here too...

I have one child, a 5-year-old son who has recently discovered the joys of Star Wars geekdom...

I have roughly 20 years of gaming under my belt (mainly Palladium-system RPGs), not as many as ruined unfortunately but I think I still have a few more left in me.   

5 is a bit too young to D&D but get ready. My son started at age 7. It is a fun age with so much before them.

So how did you do on Jeopardy? Doesn't that mean you lost to Jennings?

dDA
Back to Top View dDemonicAngels's Profile Search for other posts by dDemonicAngels

Bogie
Dundjinni Master (Admin)
Dundjinni Master (Admin)

Posted: 04/15/2008 at 7:32pm | IP Logged Quote Bogie

dDemonicAngels wrote:

5 is a bit too young to D&D but get ready. My son started at age 7. It is a fun age with so much before them.
dDA

My son started D&D at about 6 or 7 and now at 26 he still drives up from Boston to play in my games whenever he can.

Uncle_Servo
Hero
Hero

Posted: 04/16/2008 at 7:00am | IP Logged Quote Uncle_Servo

dDemonicAngels wrote:

dDA

I'm planning on working a few adventure modules in while I'm reading to him... you know, start the indoctrination early...

As for the Jeopardy! part... fortunately, Jennings was gone by the time I made it there. I won my first day (due in large part to a "Disney Film Voices" category) but crashed and burned like the Hindenburg the second. It was a blast though!   
Back to Top View Uncle_Servo's Profile Search for other posts by Uncle_Servo

Dragonlady
Legend
Legend

Posted: 04/16/2008 at 12:27pm | IP Logged Quote Dragonlady

ruined wrote:

I'm a web developer for a company working in the college textbook industry. Much more coding than graphic design, but the company did recently foot the bill for my new copy of Photoshop so I'm not complaining.   

Welcome! I've been gaming since 1979 and taught my son, 37, to play and dm. He still plays with his friends and helps me with ideas for my online game I run on Rpol. I just turned 63 last month. Long live Gamers!
Back to Top View Dragonlady's Profile Search for other posts by Dragonlady

aegean
Legend
Legend

Posted: 04/16/2008 at 12:38pm | IP Logged Quote aegean

Happy belated BD dragonlady

dDemonicAngels
Janni (Moderator)
Janni (Moderator)

Posted: 04/16/2008 at 1:57pm | IP Logged Quote dDemonicAngels

Uncle_Servo wrote:
dDemonicAngels wrote:

dDA

I'm planning on working a few adventure modules in while I'm reading to him... you know, start the indoctrination early...

I started him young by telling him about a different mythology story each night. Then later I read him the whole Belgariad series (all 5 books). He was pretty sure for a while that there was a prophecy about him out there and he was destined for something special. Now he's hooked. Great fun.

dDA

Micah
Legend
Legend

Posted: 04/16/2008 at 4:28pm | IP Logged Quote Micah

dDemonicAngels wrote:
   Then later I read him the whole Belgariad series (all 5 books). He was pretty sure for a while that there was a prophecy about him out there and he was destined for something special. Now he's hooked. Great fun.

dDA

Heh - I remember those books. I always enjoyed Polgara. I'll have to re-read them in light of reading them to the girls. We've done the Narnia series and Twilight of Magic. . . .

Cisticola
Legend
Legend

Posted: 04/17/2008 at 1:01am | IP Logged Quote Cisticola

Dragonlady wrote:

Welcome! I've been gaming since 1979 and taught my son, 37, to play and dm. He still plays with his friends and helps me with ideas for my online game I run on Rpol. I just turned 63 last month. Long live Gamers!

Happy belated Birthday DL....63 years young!....
....my Birthday was last month...celebrated by running
the origanal 'Tomb of Horrors'....canny lot, all the
PC's managed to survive!....probably because I was
a bit tipsy by the end

dDemonicAngels
Janni (Moderator)
Janni (Moderator)

Posted: 04/17/2008 at 5:05pm | IP Logged Quote dDemonicAngels

Micah wrote:
dDemonicAngels wrote:
   Then later I read him the whole Belgariad series (all 5 books). He was pretty sure for a while that there was a prophecy about him out there and he was destined for something special. Now he's hooked. Great fun.

dDA

Heh - I remember those books. I always enjoyed Polgara. I'll have to re-read them in light of reading them to the girls. We've done the Narnia series and Twilight of Magic. . . .

Micah, Polgara was my favorite also because she was so in charge and so sure of herself.

No, Dunrik, because he was the solid protector of all things good, in love with Polgara, and ready to swim through shark-infested waters to do anything for her. A man's man.

No wait, it was Silk. Was he cool or what? He was everything to everyone.

Ahh, I could go on. The names in the book have become standards in all my games as archetypical characters. My son now plays a rogue named Silk in our campaign. He just finished the series for the third time, once with me and twice on his own.

dDA

<< Prev Page of 13 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version