Dundjinni Mapping Software - Forums : Other News
Subject Topic: Responses to 2.0 update Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Exoseven
Hireling
Hireling

Posted: 06/09/2007 at 9:25am | IP Logged Quote Exoseven

What about the performance of DJ2, will we notice a big improvement compared to actual DJ (speed) ? And the system requirements, will an expensive graphic card make a difference, the processor cache memory, etc.?
Back to Top View Exoseven's Profile Search for other posts by Exoseven

Kepli
Djinni (Admin)
Djinni (Admin)

Posted: 06/09/2007 at 10:03am | IP Logged Quote Kepli

Speed improvemnt is at the top of the feature list, so I would certainly hope we will see that
I think extra cache is always good when using a graphically based application.

dalost1
Legend
Legend

Posted: 06/09/2007 at 6:44pm | IP Logged Quote dalost1

Will DJ2.0 require Vista?
Back to Top View dalost1's Profile Search for other posts by dalost1

Kepli
Djinni (Admin)
Djinni (Admin)

Posted: 06/09/2007 at 11:17pm | IP Logged Quote Kepli

Nope ... I haven't seen anything that would indicate you need Vista instead of XP.

Zuxius
Hireling
Hireling

Posted: 06/12/2007 at 2:21pm | IP Logged Quote Zuxius

I was thinking....with all this Digital Initiative crud going on at WotC as well as the hoopla, would it be possible for you guys at Dundjinni to make an open correspondence with the "silent ones" so they actually live up to their lofty words by somehow including you guys in their equations.

WotC and this glee stuff seem to indicate that they want all things games under their roof, especially when it has something to do with the hobby. If they do, in fact, have an open offer, could you all test this. I am sure Dunjinni belongs in this gaming equation.

I considered at one point that with Codemonkey's RPG Foundry, Your Dunjinni, Profantasy's Campaign Cartographer and Smithworks Fantasy Grounds; I would have everything I would ever need to create exciting D&D from the keyboard of my computer. As it turns out, nothing other than SRD or OGL is allowed, unless I am as skilled as a programmer. I hope WotC will somehow encompass all this into one, but I have my reservations (I really think they will just usher in 3 new core books under 4.0 and program new material from there). Perhaps they want to somehow compete with Codemonkey's RPG Foundry in creating an adventure editor as well as PC creation tools. I also believe that they will use their Dungeon Tiles, as they already have a dungeon tile creator toy online. Dunjinni should somehow be in this equation as an importing graphics program to be used with existing Dungeon Tiles. They should also take into account the map community. Dungeon Tiles, Game Master Map Packs, and our own custom content really work great together, and perhaps if WotC has their own in house Fantasy Grounds/RPG Foundry, this whacky dream of mine can still be realized. Then I would feel Glee to the Max.

Cheers,
Zuxius
Back to Top View Zuxius's Profile Search for other posts by Zuxius

Kepli
Djinni (Admin)
Djinni (Admin)

Posted: 06/12/2007 at 11:27pm | IP Logged Quote Kepli

I have been discussing this with several people here and from other places you mentioned. Most believe WotC will indeed evolve to more online gaming material and applications. However, that doesn't mean we like to join them (my personal opinion btw). As you stated, they seem to use their position in the RPG market to force people along their chosen path ... a lot of us don't like that. Does that mean a coming together of applications will never happen? Nah ... I think we will see some companies working closer together in the near future, to be able to offer a wider range of online RPG stuff and also to be able to compete with WotC.

I am personally involved with several companies already and have friends among a lot of others. If it is not a coming together, there will at least be projects we will be doing together ... including Dundjinni Enterprises

MasterMind
Legend
Legend

Posted: 06/21/2007 at 6:35am | IP Logged Quote MasterMind

One Moment
I have a better idea.
Self definete filds for more then one game.

In German
Hi Kep, was haltet Ihr von selbst zu erstellenen / asuzufüllenden Felder für mehr als nur ein System?

Grats
MM
Back to Top View MasterMind's Profile Search for other posts by MasterMind

Kepli
Djinni (Admin)
Djinni (Admin)

Posted: 06/21/2007 at 6:48am | IP Logged Quote Kepli

MM, was meinst du mit "für mehr als nur ein System"? Wie D20 und Gurps systemen?

In English:
MM, what do you mean with "for more then one game"? Like d20 and Gurps?

MasterMind
Legend
Legend

Posted: 06/21/2007 at 8:36am | IP Logged Quote MasterMind

Ok, we play, DSA, Savage World, Scion and more.
Wehn you make the forms stick? not changeable, only D20 other game user can't use it.

When you make clear Entrys, how can all user make one entrys, all can use the futer.

You understand, waht I mean?

Grats
MM
Back to Top View MasterMind's Profile Search for other posts by MasterMind

Kepli
Djinni (Admin)
Djinni (Admin)

Posted: 06/21/2007 at 8:51am | IP Logged Quote Kepli

Eh ... no
Better give me the German version

<< Prev Page of 19 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic