Dundjinni Logo Dundjinni Logo Dundjinni Logo

Forums

Active Topics  :  Memberlist  :  Search  :  Help  :  Register  :  Login
Help Dundjinni! Rate This Website at RPG Gateway

Objects and Textures (Fantasy)
 Dundjinni Mapping Software - Forums : Objects and Textures (Fantasy)
Subject Topic: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft - Request Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Krystofor
Hireling
Hireling

Posted: 10/28/2007 at 12:58pm | IP Logged Quote Krystofor

Hi all,

I'm currently throwing together computer versions of the Expedition to Castle Ravenloft maps (I do alot of playing online). However, I am in need of two textures that I can't seem to find.

I obviously don't need exact matches, but similar textures would be great.

P.S. Does anyone have an overturned cart or any debris like in the fist picture - that would be very helpful as well.

Edit: Direct links removed because of copyright issues, the gallery can be found below (the maps in question are numbers 3 and 34).

Link

Edited by Krystofor on 10/28/2007 at 11:57pm
Back to Top View Krystofor's Profile Search for other posts by Krystofor

aegean
Legend
Legend

Posted: 10/28/2007 at 2:51pm | IP Logged Quote aegean

Before the "copyright violation" mods arrive......

The cart I could maybe find or do something in a day or two, bit busy at the mo (national holiday here in Turkey followed by an invasion of Iraq )

The street in the first map isn't a texture but rather a bigger image overlayed with 5ft square grid (I think)

The muted blu tiles - could do in a few days.... although you should find a few suitable things in the threads already.

Maybe you could link and mention the original artist of the maps....... before..... well.... "them"

ae

dragonwolf
Legend
Legend

Posted: 10/28/2007 at 5:20pm | IP Logged Quote dragonwolf

For the floor tile, I'd recommend Greytale's set

Here's a couple floors that might work for you as well.

Greytale's rock ground

My rocky floor 1

I just made this wagon. Will it work? BTW it's non-commercial since the wagon model I used is NC.

keywords: wagon, broken, overturned, tipped over, crashed, cart

Edited by dragonwolf on 10/28/2007 at 9:39pm

Free Advice: If you come into my cube and you have a Mountain Dew and I do not, that will be your unDewing.

Back to Top View dragonwolf's Profile Search for other posts by dragonwolf Visit dragonwolf's Homepage

pedrov
Legend
Legend

Posted: 10/28/2007 at 6:45pm | IP Logged Quote pedrov

Nice DW!

You just reminded me that I am really, really interested in good cobblestone textures. I love the ones in the collection you linked to above, but could you throw together more? Or tell me what you used to make them? I'm looking for the classic London versions: worn, wet, grown over with grass, puddles, etc.

Krystofor
Hireling
Hireling

Posted: 10/28/2007 at 8:57pm | IP Logged Quote Krystofor

OK, for starters that is a wonderul wagon - exactly what is was looking for. Greytale's tiles should work wonderfully as well.

As for copyright - I didn't know it would be an issue. Sorry. I thought (wrongly obviously) that since the maps are hosted on the Wizards of the Coast Website, and anyone can access them there it wouldn't be a huge problem. I'll change the original post to link to the gallery instead. I'm going to eventually need lots of the 'props' there, so if anyone has anything that could be used as the barricades (map 5), debris or anyhting else it would really be appreciated.

P.S. Before anyone becomes concerned, these maps will be strictly for private use. I understand the forum rules do not allow the final maps to be posted (so, funnily enough, they won't be).

Edited by Krystofor on 10/29/2007 at 12:02am
Back to Top View Krystofor's Profile Search for other posts by Krystofor

Kepli
Djinni (Admin)
Djinni (Admin)

Posted: 10/29/2007 at 12:23am | IP Logged Quote Kepli

<sigh> it's a price we have to pay for being a business

Excellent wagon DW

forumLurker
Legend
Legend

Posted: 10/29/2007 at 1:00am | IP Logged Quote forumLurker

Using the maps for examples of what you need isn't infringement of copyright. Copying and pasting the textures would be. Given that thought, there are plenty of tiles on the forums which should be close enough to fit "dirt" and "blue metal tile" requirements. A quick search should dig some up for you (look for "metal floor" in Modern, I think that's where the blue metal squares are).
~lurker~

"Well, I'm the Forum Lurker. I'm not Sneak Man. I'm not Hidey Boy. I'm the Forum *Lurker*."
Back to Top View forumLurker's Profile Search for other posts by forumLurker

heruca
Janni (Moderator)
Janni (Moderator)

Posted: 11/07/2007 at 10:03pm | IP Logged Quote heruca

Love the wagon, DW. Thanks!

dragonwolf
Legend
Legend

Posted: 11/13/2007 at 12:02am | IP Logged Quote dragonwolf

pedrov wrote:
Nice DW!

You just reminded me that I am really, really interested in good cobblestone textures. I love the ones in the collection you linked to above, but could you throw together more? Or tell me what you used to make them? I'm looking for the classic London versions: worn, wet, grown over with grass, puddles, etc.

I created them with a FilterForge filter posted here. I created some more in this thread

Free Advice: If you come into my cube and you have a Mountain Dew and I do not, that will be your unDewing.

Back to Top View dragonwolf's Profile Search for other posts by dragonwolf Visit dragonwolf's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version