Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Gunmage Krys
Hero
Hero

Posted: 02/28/2008 at 8:53pm | IP Logged Quote Gunmage Krys

Free at Daz till 3/4/08

Hypergenetic Bio-Armor

Hey, are we doing this somewhere else on the forum? I don't want to be redundant! I just love free stuff so much, I gotta share!
Back to Top View Gunmage Krys's Profile Search for other posts by Gunmage Krys Visit Gunmage Krys's Homepage

pedrov
Legend
Legend

Posted: 02/29/2008 at 4:39am | IP Logged Quote pedrov

Usually I've been announcing new free stuff over at the social lounge.

mercutio
Legend
Legend

Posted: 03/05/2008 at 1:34pm | IP Logged Quote mercutio

Daz Studio 2.0 came out yesterday, apparently. Looks like I'll have to download it tomorrow and try it out.
Back to Top View mercutio's Profile Search for other posts by mercutio

pedrov
Legend
Legend

Posted: 03/06/2008 at 4:04am | IP Logged Quote pedrov

A note about Aiko4

EDIT: Please see the EDIT below before proceeding.

I'm just getting around to installing A4 and integrating her into the runtime structure I specified earlier in this thread. Unfortunately, because A4 is essentially a morph of V4, I had to install her in the !01 Victoria runtime instead of my Aiko runtime folder. There's a file dependency on something from Victoria 4.2. If I find a work around, I'll post it.

EDIT - It looks like there is something like a solution from the daz forums:
"yeah but this is a case of damned if you do and damned if you dont. You dont like that A4 isn't a standalone, but its fairly easy to make her that way if you want. and people who just do anime could install V4 and than delete the V4 cr2, than they would never have to look at her, you could do that with your A4 library if you wanted, load V4.2 into that library than load A4 and delete the V4.cr2. voila problem solved. if they had decided to go with A4 as a standalone than other people would be right here screaming about needless bloat. Some people are already complaining that the A4 cr2 searves no purpose to them and they would rather just use the V4 figure with the A4 morphs. so no solution is ideal from absolutely everyone's point of view."

That is, load V4.2 into the Aiko runtime, then load Aiko4, then delete the V4.2 cr2 and accompanying png (should be in libraries/character/DAZ People). But obviously, separating V4.2 and A4 this way will add some bloat to your system b/c you'll essentially be duplicating a bunch of needed V4.2 files in the A4 folder.

Edited by pedrov on 03/06/2008 at 4:27am

Gunmage Krys
Hero
Hero

Posted: 03/06/2008 at 6:33pm | IP Logged Quote Gunmage Krys

pedrov wrote:
That is, load V4.2 into the Aiko runtime, then load Aiko4, then delete the V4.2 cr2 and accompanying png (should be in libraries/character/DAZ People). But obviously, separating V4.2 and A4 this way will add some bloat to your system b/c you'll essentially be duplicating a bunch of needed V4.2 files in the A4 folder.

If the bloat is necessary down the road, then would it be a good idea? Or did DAZ just goof and make extraneous stuff, when A4 morphs would have been ok?
Back to Top View Gunmage Krys's Profile Search for other posts by Gunmage Krys Visit Gunmage Krys's Homepage

ursus
Hero
Hero

Posted: 03/07/2008 at 6:11pm | IP Logged Quote ursus

Pedrov-

I finally started using your suggestion on organizing content, and I'm glad I'm doing this now before things get any worse.

I have a question, though. When you install new content, is it so simple as selecting the particular content directory? I just want to make sure before I end up not being able to find new content.

pedrov
Legend
Legend

Posted: 03/07/2008 at 7:10pm | IP Logged Quote pedrov

Gunmage Krys wrote:
If the bloat is necessary down the road, then would it be a good idea? Or did DAZ just goof and make extraneous stuff, when A4 morphs would have been ok?

Lots of folks are asking this question right now. Unfortunately, DAZ lives in a DAZ world... with one gigantic DS Content directory. I suspect this is why it was so easy to ignore the fact that all the new content that comes with D|S 2 will be loaded into the Studio directory (on my C: drive!).

pedrov
Legend
Legend

Posted: 03/07/2008 at 7:12pm | IP Logged Quote pedrov

ursus wrote:
Pedrov-

I finally started using your suggestion on organizing content, and I'm glad I'm doing this now before things get any worse.

I have a question, though. When you install new content, is it so simple as selecting the particular content directory? I just want to make sure before I end up not being able to find new content.

If I'm understanding you correctly... Yes. If I want something installed for Victoria, I navigate the installer to D:\Poser Content\!01 Victoria. That is, I navigate to the folder that is immediately superordinate to the runtime folder I'd like to install at.

Gunmage Krys
Hero
Hero

Posted: 03/08/2008 at 7:45pm | IP Logged Quote Gunmage Krys

pedrov wrote:
Unfortunately, DAZ lives in a DAZ world... with one gigantic DS Content directory. I suspect this is why it was so easy to ignore the fact that all the new content that comes with D|S 2 will be loaded into the Studio directory (on my C: drive!).

What the ! I haven't downloaded the 2.0, and honestly I've been more than a little apprehensive considering the continuous upgrades. Upgrades aren't bad, but I was afraid they would get all high and mighty and go proprietary on us. So, is this new content folder a non-movable folder. I would hope you could drop it in the D:\Poser Content\DS Content (additional content in DAZ structure such as materials settings), or add even a newer folder for 2.0 Content only.

It's late.    I'm miffed, and I'll check in tomorrow.

pedrov
Legend
Legend

Posted: 03/09/2008 at 7:50am | IP Logged Quote pedrov

Gunmage Krys wrote:
What the ! I haven't downloaded the 2.0, and honestly I've been more than a little apprehensive considering the continuous upgrades. Upgrades aren't bad, but I was afraid they would get all high and mighty and go proprietary on us. So, is this new content folder a non-movable folder. I would hope you could drop it in the D:\Poser Content\DS Content (additional content in DAZ structure such as materials settings), or add even a newer folder for 2.0 Content only.

It's late.    I'm miffed, and I'll check in tomorrow.

It's all the free stuff that comes with D|S 2. My folder for Studio on my C: drive is about 792 MB with all the crap in there. 95% of it I already have (though they did give us the full version of the Sea Dragon). In a few days, I'm gonna move the stuff I want to keep and delete the rest.

BTW, before you get too miffed about 2.0, I could never get any of the 1.8* groups to work correctly, but 2 has been very stable, pretty fast, and generally pleasant to work with.

<< Prev Page of 6 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version