Subject Topic: Tips, Help for free Daz Studio Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Gunmage Krys
Hero
Hero

Posted: 03/09/2008 at 9:07pm | IP Logged Quote Gunmage Krys

pedrov wrote:

BTW, before you get too miffed about 2.0, I could never get any of the 1.8* groups to work correctly, but 2 has been very stable, pretty fast, and generally pleasant to work with.

Honestly, I plan on downloading it anyway. I rarely have the time to test drive most of this software as it sounds like you can. So, I'll get it sooner than later. I'm glad to hear someone speak of noticeable improvements.

Is this the release that has the ability to morph hair and clothes? Like a wind were blowing through them for example. I thought I read that this was going to be an expansion to purchase.

Thanks for sharing and keeping us noobs in the know.
Back to Top View Gunmage Krys's Profile Search for other posts by Gunmage Krys Visit Gunmage Krys's Homepage

pedrov
Legend
Legend

Posted: 03/10/2008 at 2:18am | IP Logged Quote pedrov

Sounds like the dynamic clothing and hair will be plug-ins. Maybe free, maybe not.

MalcomB
Henchman
Henchman

Posted: 03/25/2008 at 4:37pm | IP Logged Quote MalcomB

For all those who have struggled through the VISTA/DJ/JAVA issues, might appreciate this, and those struggling with DAZ crashing on VISTA.

I had VISTA installed on my machine and it kept crashing DAZ 3D Studio version 2 due a known NIVIDIA driver issue with VISTA and my DJ program had all sorts of hick-ups. Kepli will bear testament to my frustrations (sorry) but it drove me crazy…

If you get the error message in DAZ, “NVD******* has stopped working and has now recovered” or something along those lines then you will know where I am coming from.

I rang up my brother who lives overseas and due to technology that I don’t fully understand; he did a remote install and created a virtual XP PC for me on my VISTA computer. Make sure you have highspeed internet access, some software (31MB) and image (2GB) downloads are required. I will see if I can the details from him if anyone is interested in how to do it themselves.

I can now just toggle between VISTA and XP as I need it. Its pretty cool – I run my ‘work life ‘ in VISTA and all my ‘roleplaying’ stuff in XP. I switch between the screen with a single click of a mouse button. Now I run all my D|S and Dundjunni on my virtual XP machine, which is a lot more stable that VISTA.

I have been going crazy playing around with DAZ and DJ and to date there hasn’t been any issues with it crashing. Gotta love technology when it works…I hope that may be helpful to you guys/girls out there.
Back to Top View MalcomB's Profile Search for other posts by MalcomB

Kepli
Djinni (Admin)
Djinni (Admin)

Posted: 03/25/2008 at 11:56pm | IP Logged Quote Kepli

Cool MalcomB

It's these issues that ruin it for some people and it's usually hard to find the exact problem. Glad you were able to create a good working environment

Happy mapping

mercutio
Legend
Legend

Posted: 03/28/2008 at 6:29am | IP Logged Quote mercutio

MalcomB wrote:
I will see if I can the details from him if anyone is interested in how to do it themselves.
I'd love the details. I know that the drive problem has pretty much stopped my use of Daz completely or for anything more than a simple render. It crept up on me out of nowhere (it used to work fine), and now I'm lucky to get more than a quick snapshot of a simple item before I get that Nvidia driver has stopped working crap.
Back to Top View mercutio's Profile Search for other posts by mercutio

Gunmage Krys
Hero
Hero

Posted: 03/30/2008 at 3:37pm | IP Logged Quote Gunmage Krys

DAZ Studio 2.0 works fine on my Desktop which runs on XP Pro. However, 2.0 will crash my laptop which runs XP Home. I can load and open DAZ, but as soon as I open any model like a simple angel fish, Victoria 3.0, or my Hatchling Phoenix it crashes. The model will be near done loading and then flash an error and close.

The only solution I found even after speaking with DAZ Tech folks is reinstalling 1.8, which by the way gives me no problem what so ever. I really plan on upgrading memory as soon as financially possible.

Has anyone else had this issue?
Back to Top View Gunmage Krys's Profile Search for other posts by Gunmage Krys Visit Gunmage Krys's Homepage

ursus
Hero
Hero

Posted: 03/30/2008 at 5:52pm | IP Logged Quote ursus

I run DAZ 2.0 with XP Home, and it works fine, no issues at all.

MalcomB
Henchman
Henchman

Posted: 04/09/2008 at 12:18am | IP Logged Quote MalcomB

@ mercutio

Sorry for only replying now but I have been away on holiday. I will find out and post the details here in this thread in a few days time.

Cheers
Back to Top View MalcomB's Profile Search for other posts by MalcomB

pedrov
Legend
Legend

Posted: 04/20/2008 at 3:02pm | IP Logged Quote pedrov

Updated second post (on first page) to address D|S 2.1 release.

Digger
Legend
Legend

Posted: 04/23/2008 at 12:14am | IP Logged Quote Digger

I have set up a learning forum, Pedrov would you consider posting your Daz Studio walkthrough on it and help out with peoples questions about it.

We also need people who are good at Vue and Hexagon.

The Learning Curve

Edited by Digger on 04/23/2008 at 12:17am

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 6
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version