Active Topics : Memberlist : Search : Help : Register : Login
Help Dundjinni! Rate This Website at RPG Gateway
| Topic: New Contests Rules ( Topic Closed)
Here are the new rules for both the Map contest and the Art contest. If you have suggestions, comments, etc., please post those in the Contest Rules Discussion thread ...
|Posted: 01/27/2008 at 4:08am | IP Logged
- some postwork is allowed. To be able to see the difference and keep the contest fair for everyone, a non-postwork map needs to be posted first in the thread. In the same post, a postwork version can be posted. It should be made clear what has been done in postwork.
- each participant can enter only once, but can enter up to one full DJ map in maps at once (so maps that together can fill a 32x40 squares canvas)
- the map contest will be held once per 3 months
- all participants post their work in a thread with a title that looks like this: "Map F-M: #01 [short title if they like]". The number "#01" shows the number of the contest entry
- Older maps in the Maps forum are not allowed, except those made during the last contest period. So maps that fit the theme and are no older than 2 months are good. That way you won't feel bad when you just created a map and the next contest is about the theme you just used for it
- up to 6 different or similar pieces or sets (of 6 pieces per set) can be posted as part of the contest (a set, floor or group of items for instance). Maximum allowed is 6 sets of each 6 pieces. If you like to add a few floors/walls, the sets can be a bit bigger.
- modded items are allowed, but the modification needs to be significant and add something original to the item(s).
If possible, please add a list of the original pieces (either links or names of the artists)
- each participant can enter only once
- the art contest will be held once per 3 months
- all participants post their work in a thread with a title that looks like this: "Art F-M: #01 [short title if they like]". The number "#01" shows the number of the contest entry
- each voter casts 5 votes, from 5 to 1 points. 5 is the best
- you cannot vote for your own work
- if less that 5 people have entered, the contest is void and we start a new one without awarding prices
- voting starts in the last week of the contest
- the winners get the Spotlight in the weekend immediately following the contests
- both winners receive a $25 store credit
- if someone won twice already that year, the price goes to the number 2. The winner's work is still going to be in the Spotlight
- if it's a tie, the money is split between those people
- the winner picks the next theme for the contest
04.25.08: Updated the Map rules to include postwork.
Updated the Art rules to allow more pieces.
10.30.08: Changed the duration of the contests to 3 months
Edited by Kepli on 10/30/2008 at 6:37am
You can never have enough vines - Vines are good - Vines help you - Vines are cool ...
|Back to Top
Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.
Powered by Web Wiz Forums version 7.6Copyright ©2001-2003 Web Wiz Guide
||You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
This page was generated in 0.5161 seconds.