Dundjinni Mapping Software - Forums : Contests
Subject Topic: New Rules Discussion Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
hawknight
Hero
Hero

Posted: 01/27/2008 at 10:20am | IP Logged Quote hawknight

Question - Is any art available (DJ, Forum, CSUAC, own creation/modification) allowed for the map contest?

CAPTAIN AMERICA LIVES!!
Back to Top View hawknight's Profile Search for other posts by hawknight

Kepli
Djinni (Admin)
Djinni (Admin)

Posted: 01/27/2008 at 10:27am | IP Logged Quote Kepli

Pixalation is something that depends on the art piece itself and DJ. Hopefully DJ2 will work better in that area.

Not sure what you mean by control over what you click on. I can imagine you would like to be able to select only objects when you use the select tool. DJ2 works very different when it comes to art types and has the advantage of layers. How it all works exactly is something we cannot tell or show just now

Kepli
Djinni (Admin)
Djinni (Admin)

Posted: 01/27/2008 at 10:28am | IP Logged Quote Kepli

hawknight wrote:
Question - Is any art available (DJ, Forum, CSUAC, own creation/modification) allowed for the map contest?

Yes. As long as it doesn't violate a copyright

aegean
Legend
Legend

Posted: 01/27/2008 at 10:48am | IP Logged Quote aegean

Just a comment for the art piece comp

If a person mods another piece then he or she should mention that in the post plus would be polite to give credit for the original piece, also voters can weigh that in consideration when voting

just my "iki kuruş" (Turkish two cents)

ae

Kepli
Djinni (Admin)
Djinni (Admin)

Posted: 01/27/2008 at 10:49am | IP Logged Quote Kepli

I agree ... It will also make it possible for us to see how "original" the modification is

dragonwolf
Legend
Legend

Posted: 01/27/2008 at 1:24pm | IP Logged Quote dragonwolf

The rules sound fine to me. Also, if it's for store credit, I'm assuming that there will be a lot more stuff offered in the DJ store, since a lot of people already have everything offered currently.

For the art contest, if it's a mod, then I think a link to the original should be put in the post. I think that's what Aegean was getting at.

Free Advice: If you come into my cube and you have a Mountain Dew and I do not, that will be your unDewing.

Back to Top View dragonwolf's Profile Search for other posts by dragonwolf Visit dragonwolf's Homepage

aegean
Legend
Legend

Posted: 01/27/2008 at 2:49pm | IP Logged Quote aegean

dragonwolf wrote:
For the art contest, if it's a mod, then I think a link to the original should be put in the post. I think that's what Aegean was getting at.

Yep - and I think the 6 objects limit is a tad low unless mutiple mods of the one object count still as one

heruca
Janni (Moderator)
Janni (Moderator)

Posted: 01/27/2008 at 3:57pm | IP Logged Quote heruca

I imagine a set of floor tiles or cover counts as 1 item for purposes of the
contests.

Kepli
Djinni (Admin)
Djinni (Admin)

Posted: 01/28/2008 at 12:17am | IP Logged Quote Kepli

Actually, I meant 6 as the total maximum, but if people think that is too limiting, we can do it another way.
What about 6 items or sets? That means you can enter 6 floors or you could enter 3 floors, a table, a set of 4 different chairs (Covers using the -a,-b,-c,-d naming) and a rug. Make sure each set has a maximum of 6 pieces though.
So in total you could create 36 different pieces in 6 sets.

Better?

pedrov
Legend
Legend

Posted: 01/29/2008 at 11:38am | IP Logged Quote pedrov

Out of curiosity, what is the rationale for a max. limit on the number of art objects submitted by a single user in the contest thread? I don't have an opinion about it one way or the other at the moment, but maybe I should.

Also, in the locked rules thread, "prizes" is spelled "prices." Is that a mistake or is it just me being all american about spelling (after all, I'm cognizant of the fact that we spell things differently on each side of the pond. That is, I recognize that spelling prizes as prices might be perfectly acceptable... weird and silly... but perfectly acceptable)?

<< Prev Page of 3 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version